WWC: FALCONS' FINAL 23-PLAYER LIST

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
WWC: FALCONS' FINAL 23-PLAYER LIST

Post by Gotti »

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels); Alaba Jonathan (Bayelsa Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels)

Defenders: Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Ebere (Arna Bjornar, Norway); Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China); Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden); Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo)

Midfielders: Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Evelyn Nwabuoku (Rivers Angels); Ogonna Chukwudi (Djurgardens IF, Sweden); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskiltuna United, Sweden); Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)

Forwards: Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Anam Imo (Malmo FC Rosengard, Sweden); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Uchenna Kanu (Southeastern University, USA); Rasheedat Ajibade (Alvadsnes IL, Norway); Francisca Ordega (Shanghai W. FC); Alice Ogebe (Rivers Angels); Chinwendu Ihezuo (Henan Huishang F.C., China)

Dropped:
GK Christy Ohiaeriaku (Confluence Queens);
DF Josephine Chukwunonye (Kungsbacka DFF, Sweden);
MD Cecilia Nku (Ferencvaros Torna, Hungary); and
FW Ini-Abasi Umotong (Brighton Hove & Albion, England) :shock:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WWC: FALCONS' FINAL 23-PLAYER LIST

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

5 defenders and 9 forwards? They will be lucky to win a game in France!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Undertaker wrote:5 defenders and 9 forwards? They will be lucky to win a game in France!
I hope you realize that some of those listed as forwards are actually wide midfielders?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

The coach had probably seen enough of Ini to drop her. Going forward, after the mundial, i expect the likes of Ini, Chioma Dike, Payne and the girl from uni in Chicago to be part of the team.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ini should have made the squad. smh.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Undertaker wrote:5 defenders and 9 forwards? They will be lucky to win a game in France!
You can tell just by the numbers of players picked in each position? Gtfoh Mein!
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Chukwunonye and Umotong not making the cut is surprising. Good squad otherwise.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
You can tell just by the numbers of players picked in each position? Gtfoh Mein!
For sure........ some of us just have that kind of talent
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

what happened to Josephine chukwunonye
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote:what happened to Josephine chukwunonye
What do you mean?
That is not surprising.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Oguleftie wrote:
jette1 wrote:what happened to Josephine chukwunonye
What do you mean?
That is not surprising.
please come again

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

https://www.goal.com/en/news/thomas-den ... 78uf6iwqxr
Thomas Dennerby: Uchenna Kanu took Ini Umotong's Nigeria's Women's World Cup spot
Goal.com 05/28/2019 Samuel Ahmadu, Correspondent

Nigeria coach Thomas Dennerby says he left Ini Umotong out of his Women's World Cup squad in favour of selecting Uchenna Kanu.

Umotong has been part of Nigeria's setup since January, but was pipped to a spot in the squad by the American-based forward, who joined the team in during a training camp in Spain in April.

Kanu, who scored 10 goals in five games at the Wafu Women's Cup in Cote d'Ivoire two weeks ago, was one of the four strikers named in the final 23-player list for the tournament next month.

After squad announcement, football fans have been critical of the Swede's decision to leave out the Brighton forward, accusing him of favouring home-based professionals over foreign-based stars.

But the 59-year-old coach, who spoke highly of England-based star, explained his reasons for eventually deciding to drop her.

"It's always tough to take that final decision because if anyone will have to select the squad, they may have picked at least 15 players same like us," Dennerby told Goal.

"We picked six centre-back players we can use in the centre areas, six midfielders, four wingers and four forwards. The four forwards were Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie and Uchenna Kanu.

"It was really a tough decision because Ini has improved a lot and also has been working hard. We're are extremely proud of the effort she made to be one of the four forwards to go to the World Cup.

"We're really had tough competitions in that department and we think Uchenna and the rest of the already known top forwards were those we could take to the tournament.

"It's a tough competition in all the departments which is always good for the coach because it shows you have a good team.

"If you don't have to make any tough decision, then the squad is not good enough. I am happy about that we are taking these tough calls as we can only go with 23 players to the World Cup.

"In some way, it's easy when you have to pick the 23 players that were most ready based on their performances in previous camps.

"When it was done after a couple of hours with the rest technical staff, we were all satisfied with those selected."

The Super Falcons will face Haladas-Viktoria in a friendly at the Avita Resort pitch on Tuesday afternoon.

They will depart Austria on Tuesday, June 4 for Reims, where they will play their first match against Norway.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Does anyone have the 411 on Josephine Chukwunonye; why she didn’t make the list. This shocking given she has been a strong part of the team ever since I can remember

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Shame on you guys for not congratulating my girl Onome for her fifth World Cup selection!

If na man una for notice!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cmoke wrote:Shame on you guys for not congratulating my girl Onome for her fifth World Cup selection!

If na man una for notice!
jury is still out on her but lets see how she does in franc; to be honest all the players have thus far gotten away with fame based on marginal performances but the world has changed and more is expected of them.