U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mister Dolly wrote:Bros...please put down whatever you were smoking when you typed this... :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1 wrote:Process or no process. The USA will still get spanked by Nigeria. If Tim Weah is not enough, call up pullisic. My money is on Nigeria. The team is organized at the back. We have good midfielders. The problem is the attack.
We just had a bad game, it happens at youth level. The USA team is still not a good team.

Watch how they will beaten in the round of 16 and sent packing . Bookmark this thread.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Historically, Nigeria has always underperformed against the US but this has got to be the worst performance ever by a Nigerian team at the U20 World Cup. The good news is there is nowhere to go but up for this Nigerian team :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Bros...please put down whatever you were smoking when you typed this... :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1 wrote:Process or no process. The USA will still get spanked by Nigeria. If Tim Weah is not enough, call up pullisic. My money is on Nigeria. The team is organized at the back. We have good midfielders. The problem is the attack.
We just had a bad game, it happens at youth level. The USA team is still not a good team.

Watch how they will beaten in the round of 16 and sent packing . Bookmark this thread.
Ohenhen1,

You are completely OFF on this one even if the team losing in the next round. The fact is that USA has been improving and it seems you are stuck on the old narrative of American football. I hope you realize that several of these players are either playing in Europe or with a senior squad of MLS team. Importantly, they get together quite often to play matches and they are jot just put together for this WYC. This is the team that will by and large play at the WC 2022 and 2026 with other players being currently scouted. If you watched the Ukraine game, then today;'s game should not have surprised you. This team is very good. Make no mistake about it. I thought they would give us problems before the game began. What I did not realize is how dominant they would be. This game would have led to a worse outcome based on how it was played. It isn't an aberration.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

You are completely OFF on this one even if the team losing in the next round. The fact is that USA has been improving and it seems you are stuck on the old narrative of American football. I hope you realize that several of these players are either playing in Europe or with a senior squad of MLS team. Importantly, they get together quite often to play matches and they are jot just put together for this WYC. This is the team that will by and large play at the WC 2022 and 2026 with other players being currently scouted. If you watched the Ukraine game, then today;'s game should not have surprised you. This team is very good. Make no mistake about it. I thought they would give us problems before the game began. What I did not realize is how dominant they would be. This game would have led to a worse outcome based on how it was played. It isn't an aberration.
Nigeria was simply awful today.

Lets see what will happen in the later rounds.

You usually want to play at your best in the later rounds. Film is now out on the US. Teams will watch it.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I expect us to move on. We should get a result against Ukraine if we play smart. Today, we met the best team in the group. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I expect us to move on. We should get a result against Ukraine if we play smart. Today, we met the best team in the group. That is the bottomline.
I disagree, Nigeria just had an awful game which happens at youth level.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I disagree, Nigeria just had an awful game which happens at youth level.
Okay. Hopefully, you watched the USA v Ukraine game. I can tell you that if Nigeria played this USA team 10 times we should not expect to win more than two of those games. This was not a lucky day for USA. They are better and IMHO expected to win even before the kick off.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is youth football. Youth teams have bad games. You may be right because I don't know much about the current coach. A good coach can make the right corrections. I hear Rohr is in Poland, maybe he can help the team out. From what I have seen, the US is not more talented than Nigeria. Nigeria was just simply out coached today. Also winning this tournament is not everything. It is about player development. If we can get 2 or 3 players from this team, it would be a success. My hope is Kingsley Michael, Jonathan Zaccalla and Ozoronwafor. They all have a good chance to be good players. I remember Neymar coming to Nigeria in 2009 with Brazil. Brazil didn't win the tournament. Look at Neymar now. I want to see Zaccalla at the u17 tournament in September. Also with the next U20 team. People forget that Uzoho was the backup with the U17 team that won the world cup. Now look at Uzoho now. The number one priority should be the Senior team. Once a player is ready, he should never play with the U20 team again. Players like Sunday Oliseh never played with the U20 team. Didn't Oliseh lit up Afcon at an early age in 1994?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:This is youth football. Youth teams have bad games. You may be right because I don't know much about the current coach. A good coach can make the right corrections. I hear Rohr is in Poland, maybe he can help the team out. From what I have seen, the US is not more talented than Nigeria. Nigeria was just simply out coached today. Also winning this tournament is not everything. It is about player development. If we can get 2 or 3 players from this team, it would be a success. My hope is Kingsley Michael, Jonathan Zaccalla and Ozoronwafor. They all have a good chance to be good players. I remember Neymar coming to Nigeria in 2009 with Brazil. Brazil didn't win the tournament. Look at Neymar now. I want to see Zaccalla at the u17 tournament in September. Also with the next U20 team. People forget that Uzoho was the backup with the U17 team that won the world cup. Now look at Uzoho now. The number one priority should be the Senior team. Once a player is ready, he should never play with the U20 team again. Players like Sunday Oliseh never played with the U20 team. Didn't Oliseh lit up Afcon at an early age in 1994?
Ohenhen1,

It is not just youth teams that have bad games, all teams do. However, this is not just about a bad game. This was the better team winning. Give credit where it is due.

I do not even think that it was just tactical (although it had a major role). It is about preparation from the get go. I also suspect it was the lack of respect for the opponent. He started the game with a full press against USA but all it did was have Nigerian players run around without making headway in ball recovery against a team that was clearly proficient in ball possession that was amply demonstrated in the USA v Ukraine game.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Ukraine to murder us on the counter. They're easily the best team in the group.

The press was stupid. It was bereft of any organization.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:This is youth football. Youth teams have bad games. You may be right because I don't know much about the current coach. A good coach can make the right corrections. I hear Rohr is in Poland, maybe he can help the team out. From what I have seen, the US is not more talented than Nigeria. Nigeria was just simply out coached today. Also winning this tournament is not everything. It is about player development. If we can get 2 or 3 players from this team, it would be a success. My hope is Kingsley Michael, Jonathan Zaccalla and Ozoronwafor. They all have a good chance to be good players. I remember Neymar coming to Nigeria in 2009 with Brazil. Brazil didn't win the tournament. Look at Neymar now. I want to see Zaccalla at the u17 tournament in September. Also with the next U20 team. People forget that Uzoho was the backup with the U17 team that won the world cup. Now look at Uzoho now. The number one priority should be the Senior team. Once a player is ready, he should never play with the U20 team again. Players like Sunday Oliseh never played with the U20 team. Didn't Oliseh lit up Afcon at an early age in 1994?
Ohenhen1,

It is not just youth teams that have bad games, all teams do. However, this is not just about a bad game. This was the better team winning. Give credit where it is due.

I do not even think that it was just tactical (although it had a major role). It is about preparation from the get go. I also suspect it was the lack of respect for the opponent. He started the game with a full press against USA but all it did was have Nigerian players run around without making headway in ball recovery against a team that was clearly proficient in ball possession that was amply demonstrated in the USA v Ukraine game.
The best team today won, I will give the USA credit for that. But sports is about making adjustments. Nigeria is more talented than the US. We were just out coached today.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Ohenhen1,

The best team today won, I will give the USA credit for that. But sports is about making adjustments. Nigeria is more talented than the US. We were just out coached today.
Is this a general statement about USA and Nigeria or it is specific to the two teams. If it is the latter then you have missed the entire point. The USA team was far more skilled. It was not just a tactical domination but also a technical one.