U20 WYC: NGR 0 vs USA 2 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U20 WYC: NGR 0 vs USA 2 (FT)

Post by ohenhen1 »

Can Siasia come back. At least a Samson Siasia coached squad worked hard and played with swagger. Also he produced talented squads with the likes of Mikel, Taiwo, Ogbuke, Nsofor, and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

ohenhen1 wrote:Can Siasia come back. At least a Samson Siasia coached squad worked hard and played with swagger. Also he produced talented squads with the likes of Mikel, Taiwo, Ogbuke, Nsofor, and etc.
SSS was quite good with the youth teams, maybe not as good with the senior national team but highly organized, planning has never been Nigeria main points,
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Losing to a non soccer playing country like USA is only slightly less painful than losing to arch enemies Ghana. Very disappointing indeed. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need to make drastic changes before the next match. Hopefully Igoh will be fit.

Maybe go with this lineup

-----------------------------------------------------Zaccalla----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------Aliu-----------------------Igoh--------------------------Ozoronwafor------------------------------------Utin--------------

---------------------------Ofoborh---------------------------------------Kingsley------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Okon-----------------------------------------------------

-------------Sor--------------------------Maxwell----------------------------Makanjoula---------

Yes bench Olawale and play the 16 year old Zaccalla, go with a false 9 striker,might as well at this point. Go with faster wingers in attack.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote:Losing to a non soccer playing country like USA is only slightly less painful than losing to arch enemies Ghana. Very disappointing indeed. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
You guys are funny sha.

Like Gotti has been saying you get what you sow.

Washington Post has a weekly column where they monitor over 100 American footballers playing overseas. Giving updates on their progress.

Their local league is strong. With players getting professional coaching and treatment.

I remember being in Undergrad and we and a bunch of “white boys” from my school team entered the local international Bob Marley tourney. Men, we worked the Naija team sotay they started fighting amongst themselves and refused to come out for the second half. And the Naija team had a bunch of ex internationals. But we were better coached also in optimum condition.

I always laugh when folks look down on the US like have ever had it easy with the US? Come and play in the US and play against very physical Central Americans who play ‘hard’ (rough), so seeing Africans trying to be physical is funny.

Anyway, I don’t bother watching the fraud we engage in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote:
airwolex wrote:Losing to a non soccer playing country like USA is only slightly less painful than losing to arch enemies Ghana. Very disappointing indeed. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
You guys are funny sha.

Like Gotti has been saying you get what you sow.

Washington Post has a weekly column where they monitor over 100 American footballers playing overseas. Giving updates on their progress.

Their local league is strong. With players getting professional coaching and treatment.

I remember being in Undergrad and we and a bunch of “white boys” from my school team entered the local international Bob Marley tourney. Men, we worked the Naija team sotay they started fighting amongst themselves and refused to come out for the second half. And the Naija team had a bunch of ex internationals. But we were better coached also in optimum condition.

I always laugh when folks look down on the US like have ever had it easy with the US? Come and play in the US and play against very physical Central Americans who play ‘hard’ (rough), so seeing Africans trying to be physical is funny.

Anyway, I don’t bother watching the fraud we engage in.
...skeptics have been saying that line since 1994. Won't be long na India, Pakistan, even Tahiti go dey give African football giants tough time.

Poor administration, organization na him dey kill our football at all level. We have the players and enthusiasm, but never the adults to lead efficiently.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

you cannot separate a disorganized country from its football, Nigeria football is just a by-product of the rot in society, been saying this ages ago, look at all the countries that win major tournaments, what do they have in common? organized society, if you try to separate the 2, it simply cannot work, how many years have we opened similar threads about the same issue? every major tournament, its the same old disorganization, even if they play old aged pensioners, there still has to be a degree of organization

we just continue to waste our time, cant understand why many get so worked up in here despite the glaring issues, when Nigeria as a country, the government start to think like progressive people, everything else will follow1
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The result of yesterday's highlights the contrast in preparation of both countries. The bulk of the U.S have been part of a development program for about 2-3 years and their cohesion showed. While our team was hurriedly assembled within a month.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree with playing with faster wingers or a false nine but wouldn't make such drastic changes. Oremade is a goal goalie. No need to punish him for the mistakes of others. Also I would only bring on Igoh if he is fully fit.

I am also up for starting both Okon and Makanjuola. I would play Okon as the AM, with Michael and Bashiru behind him as CM/DMs. Bashiru was beginning to get in the game when he was taken off. I like his composure on the ball and his work ethic. He helps us retain possession.
ohenhen1 wrote:We need to make drastic changes before the next match. Hopefully Igoh will be fit.

-----------------------------------------------------Zaccalla----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------Aliu-----------------------Igoh--------------------------Ozoronwafor------------------------------------Utin--------------

---------------------------Ofoborh---------------------------------------Kingsley------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Okon-----------------------------------------------------

-------------Sor--------------------------Maxwell----------------------------Makanjoula---------

Yes bench Olawale and play the 16 year old Zaccalla, go with a false 9 striker,might as well at this point. Go with faster wingers in attack.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

olu wrote:The result of yesterday's highlights the contrast in preparation of both countries. The bulk of the U.S have been part of a development program for about 2-3 years and their cohesion showed. While our team was hurriedly assembled within a month.
To be fair, Nigeria also have a good development program with the U13 and U15 program. The problem is the coach decided to make sweeping changes in his side with less than a month to the tournament. . Most of the players that played at U17 didn't make the U20 squad. About 10 players that played Afcon didn't make the world cup team. That is why the team looks like they lack cohesion.

He overlooked players in Nigeria for players like Henry Offia, Jeremy Akor, Emeka Chinoso and Tijani Mohameed. Meanwhile it is the local product from Enyimba Maxwell Effiom that is outplaying them.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

olu wrote:I agree with playing with faster wingers or a false nine but wouldn't make such drastic changes. Oremade is a goal goalie. No need to punish him for the mistakes of others. Also I would only bring on Igoh if he is fully fit.

I am also up for starting both Okon and Makanjuola. I would play Okon as the AM, with Michael and Bashiru behind him as CM/DMs. Bashiru was beginning to get in the game when he was taken off. I like his composure on the ball and his work ethic. He helps us retain possession.
ohenhen1 wrote:We need to make drastic changes before the next match. Hopefully Igoh will be fit.

It is a development tournament. We have seen what Olawale can do. Lets see what Zaccalla can do. I am hearing that the 16 year old is looking good in training. Nigeria is not going to win this tournament anyways.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Plenty of good footballers in Nigeria that are U20,but yet the coach decided to select players like Offfia, Akor and T Mohammed.. All he had to do was tour Lagos, especially MFM FC.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Zaccala might really be good. Not sure if would be wise to give a 16 year old his debut in such a high pressure game.

I agree that our youth development program has improved, however, we need to only hire coaches for the youth teams that believe in developing youth and will aggressively scout for players. What's the point in having an U13 or U15 program if you hire a coach that won't use the best players from that setup?
ohenhen1 wrote:
olu wrote:I agree with playing with faster wingers or a false nine but wouldn't make such drastic changes. Oremade is a goal goalie. No need to punish him for the mistakes of others. Also I would only bring on Igoh if he is fully fit.

It is a development tournament. We have seen what Olawale can do. Lets see what Zaccalla can do. I am hearing that the 16 year old is looking good in training. Nigeria is not going to win this tournament anyways.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Watching Portugal.vs Argentina. Our boys should just jejely lose the next match and come home to avoid future embarrassment.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

We played against a well drilled, organized USA team.

The best we could have hoped for was a draw.

Evertime th US attacked us they looked very lethal unlike when we attacked them.

Success is NOT by Mistake. It is Pre-planned.

U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team
2019 FIFA Under-20 World Cup
Poland
May 24-June 15

U-20 MNT READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD: The U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team kicks off the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland on Friday, May 24 against Ukraine (2:30 p.m. ET; FS1, Universo). Entering the tournament as Concacaf champion and carrying a 13-2-0 international record, the USA is one of two countries to make the quarterfinals at the last two U-20 World Cups. The red, white and blue continue Group D play on Monday, May 27 vs. Nigeria (2:30 p.m. ET; FS1, Universo) and wrap up the group stage on Thursday, May 30 against Qatar (2:30 p.m. ET; FS2; Universo).

All three of the U-20 MNT's games will be played in southern Poland. The USA's first two games will be played at Bielsko-Biala Stadium in Bielsko-Biala, about 50 miles southwest of Krakow, while the final game will be played in Tychy, about 45 miles west of Krakow. Follow the U-20 MNT throughout the tournament on ussoccer.com, Twitter and Instagram.

GROUP D SCHEDULE - USA

Date

Match-up

Kickoff (ET)

Broadcast

Venue

May 24

USA vs. Ukraine

2:30 p.m.

FS1, Universo, Fox Sports App

Bielsko-Biala Stadium; Bielsko-Biala

May 27

USA vs. Nigeria

Bielsko-Biala Stadium; Bielsko-Biala

May 30

USA vs. Qatar

Tychy Stadium; Tychy

DIGITAL MEDIA GUIDE: For more information on the U.S. U-20 MNT at the U-20 World Cup in Poland, check out the team's media guide here.

WATCH THE FIFA U-20 WC: All of the USA's matches at the U-20 World Cup will be broadcast in English on Fox Sports platforms. The first two games will be broadcast live on FS1, while the third game will be broadcast live on FS2. Matches are also available to stream on the Fox Sports App. The full Fox broadcast schedule can be found here.

The USA's matches will be broadcast in Spanish on Telemundo platforms. All three group stage matches will be available on Universo and streamed live on the Telemundo Deportes app.

HOW WE GOT HERE: The 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship presented a unique challenge for the U-20 MNT as 34 member associations took part in the competition, competing to claim one of four World Cup berths on offer. With little margin for error in its six-team group, the USA left no doubt as it rolled past Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Suriname.

Six group-winners qualified for the qualification stage, where the USA was placed in a three-team group alongside Costa Rica and Honduras. A World Cup berth hung in the balance against Costa Rica, and the U.S. answered the call, taking down Los Ticos 4-0. The U.S. then faced its tightest test of the tournament against Honduras, edging out a 1-0 victory to clinch a spot in the confederation final.

Archrival Mexico awaited in the championship match, and the USA once again rose to the occasion. Mendez bagged a brace against El Tri, combining with Paxton Pomykal to create the opening goal in the 17th minute before Pomykal teed up Mendez again in the 50th. The U.S. commanded the run of play throughout, while the back line and Scott recorded the shutout.

The victory marked the USA's second-straight and second-ever Concacaf U-20 Championship title. During its 8-0-0 run at the 2018 tournament, the U.S. outscored its opponents 46-2 and didn't allow a single goal in the qualification stage against its strongest opposition.

RUN-UP TO POLAND: Since punching its ticket to Poland last November, the USA gathered for a domestic training camp in January and a pair of March international friendlies against World Cup-bound opponents in Spain. There, the U.S. rallied to draw France 2-2 with two second-half goals and took down Japan 2-1. The U-20 MNT gathered in Poland on May 14 to begin preparations for the tournament.

A number of the U-20s have been putting in standout performances at the club level in the lead-up to the World Cup. Tim Weah helped Celtic win its eighth-straight Scottish Premier League title just before joining the U.S. team, and Sebastian Soto recorded his 15th and 16th goals for Hannover 96 U-19 and made his Bundesliga debut. Richard Ledezma scored a goal in his first start for PSV Eindhoven U-19 earlier this month and midfielder Alex Mendez scored a goal in his final game of the season for SC Freiburg U-19. Goalkeeper Brady Scott earned his first start of 2019 for FC Köln II earlier this month, keeping a clean sheet.

REPRESENTING THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Head coach Tab Ramos has assembled a deep, talented 21-player roster for the U-20 World Cup, with a number of them developing at some of the world's biggest clubs. Fourteen helped the USA during its dominating run to the confederation crown at the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship.

Brady Scott returns from the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where he served as the team's third goalkeeper, while five players represented the U.S. at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in India. Tim Weah is the lone player on the roster to have debuted with the senior MNT, the attacker picking up eight caps in 2018.

The roster is made up of made up of six players born in 1999, 11 born in 2000 and four born in 2001. Ten players are based domestically, while 11 are based internationally in Germany (six), Netherlands (two), Portugal, Scotland and Spain (one each).

2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster by Position (Club; Hometown; U-20 Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 9/0)
DEFENDERS (6): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; Lompoc, Calif.; 2/0), Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 8/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 11/0), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC; Columbus, Ohio; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 10/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 8/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 15/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 9/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 8/2)
FORWARDS (5): Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 2/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 13/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 5/2), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; Rosedale, N.Y.; 0/0)

2018 YOUNG MALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Midfielder Alex Mendez took home 2018 U.S. Soccer Young Male Player of the Year on the back of a stellar showing at the Concacaf U-20 Championship. Mendez won the Golden Ball as the tournament's best player, scoring eight goals and adding six assists. While the USA racked up plenty of goals in Bradenton, Fla., Mendez delivered in the team's most critical moments, bagging a brace in the championship match against Mexico and netting the opener in the World Cup berth-clinching game vs. Costa Rica.

At the club level, Mendez captained LA Galaxy to the U-18/19 U.S. Soccer Development Academy Championship Final and was named to the Western Conference Best XI before playing his first games for SC Freiburg U-19 in Germany this spring, scoring three goals in 12 appearances.

U-20 DEBUTANTS: Two players make their first appearances with the U-20 MNT at the World Cup in Poland. Tim Weah joins the team after collecting eight caps with the senior MNT in 2018. The first player born in 2000 to appear for the full team, Weah scored his first goal at the senior international level in a 3-0 win over Bolivia on May 28. At the 2017 U-17 World Cup, Weah scored the first MNT hat trick in the knockout stage of a World Cup during a 5-0 win over Paraguay in the Round of 16.

Edwin Cerrillo broke into the team after installing himself as a fixture in FC Dallas' starting XI this season. The midfielder signed as a Homegrown Player just a few weeks before the start of the MLS campaign, but has appeared in eight of eleven matches for Dallas this season before leaving for Poland.

FROM THE DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY TO THE GLOBAL STAGE: Nineteen of the 21 players on the U-20 World Cup roster have spent at least one season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy. Launched in 2007 with the goal to impact everyday club environments to develop world-class players, the program has had a tremendous impact on the Youth National Team program

READ MORE : https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/0 ... -world-cup
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

PREVIEW: USA LOOKS TO BOUNCE BACK AGAINST NIGERIA AT U-20 WORLD CUP

20 MNT AIMS TO GET BACK ON TRACK: The U.S. U-20 MNT will continue its FIFA U-20 World Cup campaign against Nigeria on Monday, May 27 (2:30 p.m. ET; FS1, Universo). After a disappointing 2-1 loss to Ukraine in the World Cup opener, the USA will take on the Flying Eagles looking for three points. Nigeria got off to a soaring start in Poland, downing Qatar 4-0 in the teams’ opening match.

The top two teams in each of the six U-20 World Cup groups advance to the Round of 16, plus the four best-ranked third-placed teams. Monday’s match will be broadcast on FS1 and Universo. Follow the U-20 MNT throughout the tournament on ussoccer.com, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

USA VS. NIGERIA

Monday’s match marks the USA’s second meeting all-time against Nigeria at this tournament.
The Flying Eagles eliminated the U.S. from its deepest run at the U-20 World Cup, defeating the Americans 2-1 in extra time during the semifinals of the 1989 FIFA World Youth Championship in Saudi Arabia.
Nigeria is making its 12th appearance at the FIFA U-20 World Cup. It has advanced past the group stage in its last six appearances at the tournament.
Nigeria has taken second place at the U-20 World Cup twice, in 1989 after defeating the USA and in 2005.
Defender Ikouwem Udo debuted for Nigeria’s senior national team in March during a friendly against Egypt.
Midfielder Kingsley Michael helped Nigeria take home the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.
The Nigeria roster features 10 players born in 1999, seven born in 2000, three born in 2001 and one born in 2002. Defender Zulkifilu Rabiu is one of just nine players born in 2002 in the entire tournament.
Twelve players compete domestically in Nigeria. The most (3) come from Enyimba, one of the country’s most successful clubs.
Nine players are on the books at foreign clubs in England (three), Italy (two), Norway (two), Czech Republic and Sweden (one each).

DEALT A DIFFICULT DEFEAT BY UKRAINE: The USA dropped a hard-fought 2-1 loss to Ukraine in its U-20 World Cup opener. While the U.S. dominated possession and completed nearly twice as many passes as Ukraine, the Yellow-Blue struck first on a long ball over the top. The young Americans responded valiantly just six minutes later with some beautiful combination play to work the ball across the field to forward Tim Weah, who sent a cross into the six-yard box for Brandon Servania, who hammered it home. Ukraine found the eventual game-winner on a header off of a corner kick in the 51st minute, and while the USA searched for an equalizer down the stretch the well-organized Ukraine defense held strong against any potential chances.

SOARING START FOR FLYING EAGLES: Nigeria got off to a fast start in Poland with a rousing 4-0 victory against Qatar. The Flying Eagles tallied two goals in the first 25 minutes of play as defender Ikouwem Udo set up Maxwell Effiom and Okechukwa Offia to break the game open.

Manchester City midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru added a third goal in the 68th, while defender Aliu Salawudeen put an exclamation point on the affair with the game’s fourth goal in the 74th. Nigeria dominated on the attack, outshooting Qatar 20-7.

2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster by Position (Club; Hometown; U-20 Caps/Goals)

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 10/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; Lompoc, Calif.; 2/0), Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 9/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 12/0), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC; Columbus, Ohio; 3/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 11/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 9/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 3/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 16/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 10/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 9/3)

FORWARDS (5): Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 3/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 14/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 6/2), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; Rosedale, N.Y.; 1/0)

NIGERIA – 2019 FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB)

GOALKEEPERS (3): 1-Detan Ogundare (Kogi United), 16-Olawale Oremade (Oasis FC), 21-Jonathan Zaccala (Triestina/ITA)

DEFENDERS (6): 15-Jamil Muhammad (Kano Pillars), 12-Igoh Ogbu (Rosenborg/NOR), 6-Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba), 2-Zulkifilu Rabiu (Plateau United), 5-Aliu Salawudeen (Emmanuel Amuneke Academy), 3-Ikouwem Udo (Enyimba)

MIDFIELDERS (8): 8-Tom Dele-Bashiru (Manchester City), 19-Maxwell Effiom (Enyimba), 4-Peter Eletu (Prince Kazeem FC), 17-Success Makanjuola (Water FC), 14-Kingsley Michael (Perugia/ITA), 13-Nathan Ofoborh (Bournemouth/ENG), 10-Aniekeme Okon (Akwa United), 7-Yira Sor (36 Lion Soccer Academy)

FORWARDS (4): 9-Akor Adams (Sogndal/NOR), 18-Chinoso Emeka (Brook House FC/ENG), 11-Okechukwu Offia (Sirius/SWE), 20-Muhamed Tijani (Banik Ostrava/CZE)

HOW THEY GOT HERE:

Nigeria qualified for the U-20 World Cup as one of four semifinalists at the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations in Niger.
The Flying Eagles entered in the second of three qualification rounds for the continental championship. Nigeria took down Guinea-Bissau 3-2 on aggregate after a two-legged home and away tie. A 6-1 aggregate win over Mauritania earned Nigeria one of eight berths to the Cup of Nations.
Nigeria topped Group A at the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations, defeating Burundi 2-0, battling South Africa to a scoreless draw and eking out a 1-0 win over Niger.
In the semifinals, Nigeria fell to Mali 3-4 in penalty kicks. The Flying Eagles scored in the 86th minute to force extra time but weren’t able to find a game-winner.
In the third-place match, Nigeria once again played South Africa to a scoreless draw, falling 3-5 in the ensuing penalty kick shootout.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/0 ... -world-cup
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Non soccer playing country that has been to the quarter final of the WC while the soccer playing country are giving away houses for getting to the second round. Read up on US youth and women soccer. They have as much pedigree as any top soccer playing nation!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote:
Non soccer playing country that has been to the quarter final of the WC while the soccer playing country are giving away houses for getting to the second round. Read up on US youth and women soccer. They have as much pedigree as any top soccer playing nation!
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

1naija wrote:
....and all these, they accomplished without government sponsorship.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

No disrespect , but this is a silly statement. Go c how the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Italy & England have fallen to this job soccer entity in the past. Nice to c people hurt by it, but I'm not.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

1naija wrote:

CE Stamp of
approval
. He Mus think this is USA 1975.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

When did you start making this much sense in your posts?
Your analysis is spot on!
1naija wrote:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I watched the game late last night after Memorial Day hang out and to say that we were comprehensively beaten down and schooled is an understatement. Ironically, the game went as I expected except for I was banking on FE scoring 1 or 2 goals from flashes of brilliance or a counter. Sad to say that we have no team. Just a bunch of overhyped talentless agbayas chasing shadows aimlessly. Luckily we only lost 0-2 so our GD is still healthy. The problem is how do we beat a Ukraine team that is more disciplined and organized than USA and only needs a draw to top the group? Hopefully a draw will get us a 3rd place qualifying spot. Lastly, Ohenhen, I hope you paid attention and took notes as USA’s kids flogged our men. I warned you about this possibility but you no gree me hear word.