CONGRATS TO OUR FLYING EAGLES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
CONGRATS TO OUR FLYING EAGLES

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You've played 270mins of football and received 500 mins of pure HATE from your so called fans online but yet you still qualified. You live to fight another battle another day. The struggle continues. You must never quit and never rest until you achieve what you were tasked to do. The haters will not rest ;they'll be back again for your next game complaining about your age, passing, shooting, jerseys and even how you walk but you must know that those of us that are true fans of Nigerian football appreciate you. We love your effort and determination. Your never quit attitude even as the jobless internet coaches rate you so low.

Thank you for repping Nigeria. From Ibadan to Oshogbo to Gombe and back to Aba. We love you and wish u the best. WIN LOSE or DRAW you are one of US.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: CONGRATS TO OUR FLYING EAGLES

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Nothing to congratulate. Nigeria should have won this group easily, but now even the USA are getting better with youth advancement than us. That's a big deal. Nigeria will be bounced out soon.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Benedict Iroha wrote:Nothing to congratulate. Nigeria should have won this group easily, but now even the USA are getting better with youth advancement than us. That's a big deal. Nigeria will be bounced out soon.

The USA didn't even make the last WC so how are they "getting " better than us? U20 is a youth tournament that u might find find 1 or 2 prospects, other than that its just a party.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Nothing to congratulate. Nigeria should have won this group easily, but now even the USA are getting better with youth advancement than us. That's a big deal. Nigeria will be bounced out soon.

The USA didn't even make the last WC so how are they "getting " better than us? U20 is a youth tournament that u might find find 1 or 2 prospects, other than that its just a party.
U20 is a youth tournament. REALLY?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rawlings wrote:

Without height restriction. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rawlings wrote:

Dammmnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rawlings pls take time off to recover. Pkele!!
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

How did you come up with 500 mins of hate? :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

:thumbs: Good luck to them, hopefully they improve as the tournament goes on.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote::thumbs: Good luck to them, hopefully they improve as the tournament goes on.

don't hold your breath. I didnt see the same, but judging from the highlights...oh dear. The striker played 2 penalties the same way; didnt learn jack from the first penalty.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:
maceo4 wrote::thumbs: Good luck to them, hopefully they improve as the tournament goes on.

don't hold your breath. I didnt see the same, but judging from the highlights...oh dear. The striker played 2 penalties the same way; didnt learn jack from the first penalty.
This is a new form of hating. Now they're mad cos the ok he scored was taken the same way as the one he missed. Ther's creativity in hate but no glory. You're useless.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ANC wrote:

This is a new form of hating. Now they're mad cos the ok he scored was taken the same way as the one he missed. Ther's creativity in hate but no glory. You're useless.

You are indeed mr Nigeria, you are perhaps one of the more patriotic nigerians on the site. :lol:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

we must show support now haba
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m not sure this team is particularly worse than the star-studded 2015 team.

The idea that we won’t wish them well baffles me. I wonder how much the more diverse ethnic mix has to do with that.

The first 30 minutes of the US game were shambolic, but apart from that they’ve been ok. Nothing spectacular, but certainly not something for grown men to vilify.

They won’t win this tournament, but I still wish the boys well. That’s all a fan should do.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We all wish them well but you can't take anything away from the fact that this is a bunch of average players (by Nigerian standards).

At the U17 level we have often relied on individual brilliance, power and pace and at this level, we always have one over the opposition. Between 14-19 you get proper football education, learn to play the position, tactics, diet and all the other rudiments that make football a 'team sport'. That is what some of our players are lacking at this level. The number of times you see our players running with the ball or playing long passes to feet (and then getting disposed), instead of playing through channels is worrying at this level.

There is need for more efforts to be made at the academy level, so clubs work closer their foreign counterparts. This way players get a continuous and more comprehensive football education. Nacho and Nwakali are classic examples of products that are struggling to master the next level.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The boys have given their best but their best is not enough for most fans. But its not their fault. I hold the head coach and selectors responsible for the hate and abuse the boys are getting. The coach should know that the World Under 20 tourney is not for academy and non-league footballers. That is just criminal.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Mr Shows wrote:We all wish them well but you can't take anything away from the fact that this is a bunch of average players (by Nigerian standards).

At the U17 level we have often relied on individual brilliance, power and pace and at this level, we always have one over the opposition. Between 14-19 you get proper football education, learn to play the position, tactics, diet and all the other rudiments that make football a 'team sport'. That is what some of our players are lacking at this level. The number of times you see our players running with the ball or playing long passes to feet (and then getting disposed), instead of playing through channels is worrying at this level.

There is need for more efforts to be made at the academy level, so clubs work closer their foreign counterparts. This way players get a continuous and more comprehensive football education. Nacho and Nwakali are classic examples of products that are struggling to master the next level.
They were pretty good yesterday . While they lacked creativity in the final third I Can’t recall ever seeing a nigeriannteam press do hard and always winning the 50/50 balls in midfield . I was really impressed with that aspect of their game

I am hoping that this is Anc 2013 all over again where we started sluggishly in the first round but got better as the tournament progressed .

I do find it interesting that both the US and the Ukraine struggled with Qatar whom we handed a shellacking too . Suffice to say that I feel the US game may have been a one off
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rawlings wrote:

:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BAP wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:We all wish them well but you can't take anything away from the fact that this is a bunch of average players (by Nigerian standards).

They were pretty good yesterday . While they lacked creativity in the final third I Can’t recall ever seeing a nigeriannteam press do hard and always winning the 50/50 balls in midfield . I was really impressed with that aspect of their game

I am hoping that this is Anc 2013 all over again where we started sluggishly in the first round but got better as the tournament progressed .

I do find it interesting that both the US and the Ukraine struggled with Qatar whom we handed a shellacking too . Suffice to say that I feel the US game may have been a one off

Difference is in 2013 we outplayed all three opponents in the group stage just didn’t get the expected result after a mistake here (Oboabonas mistake for BF’s equalizer) or a bad call from the ref (our own pk miss and fanthom PK vs Zambia) there. These guys just haven’t looked good period, but I hope they improve for their sake as scouts are watching.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This guys are not bad as some of you are making it look like.When they win the competition I hope an apologize will come out.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:This guys are not bad as some of you are making it look like.When they win the competition I hope an apologize will come out.
When they don’t will you apologize?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The object of the first round is to qualify for the next round and the FE did that. They achieved their objective and they deserved to be congratulated especially when none of you guys gave them a chance from the get go.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Most of them are just pure haters and sadist in real life. They have accused these FE guys of falsifying their age even without any evidence thus spoiling Nigeria football image in the eyes of agents. If these guys were your child, brother, sibling, nephews will you pour out these kind of hate? Anyway, Rohr and SE is their next target. This one will be fire because I will clap back and attack fire for fire in a month.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

maceo4 wrote:
BAP wrote:

Difference is in 2013 we outplayed all three opponents in the group stage just didn’t get the expected result after a mistake here (Oboabonas mistake for BF’s equalizer) or a bad call from the ref (our own pk miss and fanthom PK vs Zambia) there. These guys just haven’t looked good period, but I hope they improve for their sake as scouts are watching.
Personally I felt that they were pretty underwhelming after the first round in 2013 . I didn’t think they would go far until they turned on the heat against CIV .

In any case With all their hustle and bustle in midfield this U-20 team didn’t really get too many shots on target but then again that may be a function of Ukraine sitting back . Ultimately they simply have to work that final third as they did against Qatar