Nigeria has easier path to qualify for the second round

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria has easier path to qualify for the second round

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Actually USA has more u20 worldcup appearances compared to to Nigeria.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

maceo4 wrote:
heavyd wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:
bret- hart wrote:mchewwwww. I hope Ukraine puts us out of our misery. Useless team.
What's the misery? That we lost to the US? When was the last time you beat the US?

We beat them in 1989, 2001, 2008 and 2015. At all youth levels. The only US soccer team that should be beating Nigeria is their Shemale(female) team. We have no business losing to America at the mens game. This loss feels like the loss we suffered against South Africa in Uyo. Rubbish team.
USA is just as good as any African team, they could easily make semi finals in the AFCON should they play in it. Somehow we have adopted an unearned form of European like condescension. No African team has had a better World Cup campaign than them. We can't expect for evening kickabouts via Obalende to match up to the programs Weah, Mendez and Soto have been afforded.
Just as good?
are joking mate??
That USA team is better than any African team. USA football has some impressive players. The players (and the league) have improved hugely in the last few years and will only get better. We are seeing a lot more young players being signed up at European clubs and that is testament to the gains the MLS has made in the last few years.
so losing to THIS USA team was no disgrace. It was the way we played that was so disappointing
US has passed us, the likes of Korea and Japan have also passed most African teams.
Because they have structure in place and we have allowed our structure to fall apart.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Sir V wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
heavyd wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:
bret- hart wrote:mchewwwww. I hope Ukraine puts us out of our misery. Useless team.
What's the misery? That we lost to the US? When was the last time you beat the US?

We beat them in 1989, 2001, 2008 and 2015. At all youth levels. The only US soccer team that should be beating Nigeria is their Shemale(female) team. We have no business losing to America at the mens game. This loss feels like the loss we suffered against South Africa in Uyo. Rubbish team.
USA is just as good as any African team, they could easily make semi finals in the AFCON should they play in it. Somehow we have adopted an unearned form of European like condescension. No African team has had a better World Cup campaign than them. We can't expect for evening kickabouts via Obalende to match up to the programs Weah, Mendez and Soto have been afforded.
Just as good?
are joking mate??
That USA team is better than any African team. USA football has some impressive players. The players (and the league) have improved hugely in the last few years and will only get better. We are seeing a lot more young players being signed up at European clubs and that is testament to the gains the MLS has made in the last few years.
so losing to THIS USA team was no disgrace. It was the way we played that was so disappointing
US has passed us, the likes of Korea and Japan have also passed most African teams.
Because they have structure in place and we have allowed our structure to fall apart.
Uncle Sir V, when did we have structure in the first place?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:

Yes. When they come across rubbish teams like Kenya,Zimbabwe, Tunisia, Madagascar etc. But I expect the likes of Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon IVC to wipe the floor with them and any other CONCACRAP country. That ought to be the expectation. :!:
Bros .. doing GraGra is not the same as making argument. Fact is we have lost to the US pretty much everytime we have played them at the senior level even with the likes of Okocha on the field (US CUP 95)so I am a little perplexed as to where all this your bravado is coming from

The US almost made the WC semi finals in 2002 and they were Confed Cup finalists in 2010 defeating the almighty European Champions Spain along the way during the Tiki Taka era
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

this Mali side is very good. true story I was looking at the lineups on livescore and there were four players in a row that had what could be Malian last names, I was confused for a moment.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

BAP wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:

Yes. When they come across rubbish teams like Kenya,Zimbabwe, Tunisia, Madagascar etc. But I expect the likes of Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon IVC to wipe the floor with them and any other CONCACRAP country. That ought to be the expectation. :!:
Bros .. doing GraGra is not the same as making argument. Fact is we have lost to the US pretty much everytime we have played them at the senior level even with the likes of Okocha on the field (US CUP 95)so I am a little perplexed as to where all this your bravado is coming from

The US almost made the WC semi finals in 2002 and they were Confed Cup finalists in 2010 defeating the almighty European Champions Spain along the way during the Tiki Taka era
the US won't give her citizenship even though she's been in the country for 35 years that is the root for her anger.
Saints baby we did it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

BAP wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:

Beat us 2x in useless friendlies. The US cup in 1995 was US vs JJ and 11 hey yous. 2014 was a pre WC friendly that no one cares about. Let them beat us at a competitive game at seniour level then we can talk. They lost to TnT and failed to qualify for the 2018 WC.Let that sink in. We have 0 buisness losing to them. The same shame i felt losing to South Africa is the same shame i felt on monday.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Queen Futcha STFU. Other sports and the kitchen is that way :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Aigbogun should be sacked before he boards the plane. The lack of effort was unacceptable on Monday. If we are going to lose, we should go down swinging.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

bret- hart wrote:
BAP wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
1naija wrote:

Beat us 2x in useless friendlies. The US cup in 1995 was US vs JJ and 11 hey yous. 2014 was a pre WC friendly that no one cares about. Let them beat us at a competitive game at seniour level then we can talk. They lost to TnT and failed to qualify for the 2018 WC.Let that sink in. We have 0 buisness losing to them. The same shame i felt losing to South Africa is the same shame i felt on monday.
Hardly a bunch of Hey Yous my friend
United States: Brad Friedel, Brian Bliss (Alexi Lalas 46'), Mike Burns, Thomas Dooley, Mike Sorber, Marcelo Balboa, Paul Caligiuri, Frank Klopas, John Harkes, Roy Wegerle (Cobi Jones 46'), Ernie Stewart (Jovan Kirovski 71')

Nigeria: Peter Rufai, Benedict Iroha, Bawa Abdullahi, Chidi Nwanu, Godwin Okpara, Austin Okocha, John Zaki (Chukwu Ndukwe 55'), Ajibade Babalade (Uchenna Okafor 66'), Edema Fuludu (Taiwo Enegwa 55'), Samson Siasia, Taiwo Wasui

All the underlined were or at least soon to be well established WC veterans and the rest were Nations Cup or Junior Team laurel winners
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Looks like Nigeria made it through. As of now they are the second best third place team with only two other games left to play. At the very least they'll be the fourth best third place team which is good enough to progress.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:this Mali side is very good. true story I was looking at the lineups on livescore and there were four players in a row that had what could be Malian last names, I was confused for a moment.
racist.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:this Mali side is very good. true story I was looking at the lineups on livescore and there were four players in a row that had what could be Malian last names, I was confused for a moment.
racist.
hello brother, have you read this book?

I will send it to you.

Saints baby we did it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

BAP that team was not our 1st team back at all. Where was Ike Shoronmu? Taribo? Uche Okechukwu, Babayaro/Iroha, Oliseh, Amunike,Finidi, Amokachi, Kanu? Had these guys played, we would have embarrassed USA on the day. Also don't forget at that time we hardly took these "friendly tournaments" seriously.

BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

bret- hart wrote:BAP that team was not our 1st team back at all. Where was Ike Shoronmu? Taribo? Uche Okechukwu, Babayaro/Iroha, Oliseh, Amunike,Finidi, Amokachi, Kanu? Had these guys played, we would have embarrassed USA on the day. Also don't forget at that time we hardly took these "friendly tournaments" seriously.
Well Kanu, Babayaro and West were probably still in their teens at the time of that game :mrgreen: , Iroha was in the game look the list again.an Rufai was still our number one goalie. Shorunmu adidnt take control until a few years later.

Point again is we have never beaten the US and the squad theyfielded was not their us 94 world cup squad either . They were rebuilding too
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Clearly not our first team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:BAP that team was not our 1st team back at all. Where was Ike Shoronmu? Taribo? Uche Okechukwu, Babayaro/Iroha, Oliseh, Amunike,Finidi, Amokachi, Kanu? Had these guys played, we would have embarrassed USA on the day. Also don't forget at that time we hardly took these "friendly tournaments" seriously.
Many of the Americans were not playing professional soccer the year before or even then. Besides who gives a $#%, that game was almost 30 years ago.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Nobody said it was our first team but it wasn’t Okoha and a bunch of “hey you”s as you claimed