CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON - And Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON - And Game Threads

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:A great end to a bad season. Congrats to Chelsea and Coach Sarri.

A ‘bad season’ where Chelsea finished 3rd in a league campaign where 97 pts was good for second place. Some of you Chelsea fans can be as unreasonable as heck. Na wa.

Brand new manager. New philosophy without the players in place. Finish 3rd plus Win Europa somehow equals bad season. Really?
CFC fans no deserve Sarri. Granted there is a sizable base that backed Sarri to the end.

This season was definitely better than last season IMO. You look at overall quality of the Squad Sarri had to work with, and I am confused as to what magic he was expected to perform in a league where City & Pool were MILES ahead of everyone else..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

sarri failed woefully this season, over 20 points behind City and pool after spending the most money, beating eastern European opposition and a weak assnal team is no feat . #sarri has failed, losing 6 to City, 4 to Bournemouth, losing to united ,Spurs , assanal, Everton etc
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu May 30, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

@Analyzer, I tire for our fans.

@BP, Sarri has failed in his first season while implementing a new philosophy without players suitable for his idea of football and certainly no way near the financial backing that Pep received in his first season and has continually received? Really?

Let me let some of you unreasonable fans in on a little secret: Chelsea is not spending anywhere near what it used to spend on players 10 seasons ago meanwhile richer owners and bigger clubs are in the league. What you are expecting these days from Chelsea is what I don't know. Liverpool and even Spurs are where they are due to patience and smart spending. The days of outspending everyone are long gone.

Lampard is not ready for this level. I watched him looking like a deer caught in a headlamp in the playoff finals against Aston Villa only remembering to make subs after the game was 0-2 down the toilet. The first 65 mins of the biggest game of his coaching career, his team played overly cautious and nervously. He needs at least one more season of coaching before making the leap and even at that will need strong assistants by his side (not the likes of Jody Morris - former CFC academy coach).

Then, those of you dreaming of Allegri are dreaming indeed. Why will he leave Juventus - a club on top of Italy - to join Chelsea where he will have a small budget compared to bigger/richer clubs in England plus suffer through 1 season (2 windows) of transfer ban on top of Eden Hazard leaving this summer? You guys need to get real. The worst thing that can happen to Chelsea is for Sarri to leave. Chelsea needs him a heck of a lot more than he needs Chelsea, especially with Juventus banging on his door.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:@Analyzer, I tire for our fans.

@BP, Sarri has failed in his first season while implementing a new philosophy without players suitable for his idea of football and certainly no way near the financial backing that Pep received in his first season and has continually received? Really?

Let me let some of you unreasonable fans in on a little secret: Chelsea is not spending anywhere near what it used to spend on players 10 seasons ago meanwhile richer owners and bigger clubs are in the league. What you are expecting these days from Chelsea is what I don't know. Liverpool and even Spurs are where they are due to patience and smart spending. The days of outspending everyone are long gone.

Lampard is not ready for this level. I watched him looking like a deer caught in a headlamp in the playoff finals against Aston Villa only remembering to make subs after the game was 0-2 down the toilet. The first 65 mins of the biggest game of his coaching career, his team played overly cautious and nervously. He needs at least one more season of coaching before making the leap and even at that will need strong assistants by his side (not the likes of Jody Morris - former CFC academy coach).

Then, those of you dreaming of Allegri are dreaming indeed. Why will he leave Juventus - a club on top of Italy - to join Chelsea where he will have a small budget compared to bigger/richer clubs in England plus suffer through 1 season (2 windows) of transfer ban on top of Eden Hazard leaving this summer? You guys need to get real. The worst thing that can happen to Chelsea is for Sarri to leave. Chelsea needs him a heck of a lot more than he needs Chelsea, especially with Juventus banging on his door.
please do not make me laugh, Chelsea spent big this past season ..fyi Chelsea is like Real Madrid , when it comes to managers.. it matters not, they will still win..Sarri should be grateful he came to Chelsea , a club whereby he won his first ever throphy ..He won that cup not because of the failed sarriball, but because of the winning DNA in Chelsea....so please spare me the torey of Chelsea needing sarri.. the club failed woefully this season and were lucky 3 other rubbish teams spurs , united and the pathetic assanal were useless

after all that money Sarri spent, Chelsea failed woefully, over 20 points behind pool and City that spent less and then touring eastern Europe and defeating a useless assanal is a good season, smh this past season was a total failure..a one man team and you
people are smiling ....smh..do you want me to tell you how much Sarri spent to buy his daughter jourginho or the pathetic Otuwhogahin? who Chelsea paid almost 18-20 million pounds for a 6 months loan .. and will go for 35 milla if they keep him for next season.
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu May 30, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
[/video]
10 goals in 2 games zero scored

[/video]

there are many useless games sarri bottled ...8 useless loses etc...
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

BP, based on your half baked analysis, Man City doesn’t spend much abi? Your analysis is based on one season. But we know that Pep spent 200 million on fullbacks alone in ONE Window - he bought others in addition to the fullbacks.

Even Stevie Wonder can see that Chelsea’s squad needs overhauling to compete. And the bulk of that transfer fee was on Kepa & Jorginho. Patience is a virtue. Klopp finished 8th place in his first season (notwithstanding he didn’t coach the first few handful of games) and lost to Emery in the Europa league finals that season as well and still hasn’t won a trophy for Pool 4 years later yet he’s fully backed and rightfully so. You don't fully implement a new philosophy and stay competitive at the top level in one season. Even Pep with all the money he spent in his first season at City ironically also finished 3rd (78 points, 15 points outside 1st place) but did not win any trophy. Sarri needs patience and support from the club assuming he hasn't already decided to leave.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sarri has asked Chelsea to release him.

Who would you guys like as your next coach?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:Sarri has asked Chelsea to release him.

It matters not, along as the guy competes or win the league..sarri's project was a joke...the team didn't progress.....26 points behind the 2nd placed team is a nono
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:Sarri has asked Chelsea to release him.

Lampard isn’t ready. Given the 1 year transfer ban plus Hazard gone, it has to be someone willing to work with younger/ less experienced players. Names mentioned lately are Steve Holland and Erik Hag. For me, the name is less important than the reasonableness of the expectation required of the coach, patience with the coach and unwavering support for the coach when things inevitably head south.
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

Sarri is average coach glad we get rid of him what a useless coach with aimless side way passing
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sarri is yet to sit with Marina regarding his future. But if he leaves, then bye bye.

Lamps may be the guy.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I don't get why g4life is so excited about sarri....sarri set so many useless records with chelsea... losing , conceding rubbish goals...Benitez finished 3rd and won that europa......sarri should have been fired a long time ago
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I don't get why g4life is so excited about sarri....sarri set so many useless records with chelsea... losing , conceding rubbish goals...Benitez finished 3rd and won that europa......sarri should have been fired a long time ago
Only if life was this simplistic. Rafa was in on an interim basis. Sarri’s task was to change the way the team plays and finish top 4 and least get to the semifinals of Europa. He was also tasked with giving 1 or more academy products a chance. His brief is much more expansive than Rafa’s. Patience was expected given there was always going to be difficulties along the way. Notwithstanding, Sarri:
1. Finished 3rd
2. Reach Finals of League Cup (narrow loss on pks)
3. Blooded in 4 academy products (Christensen, RLC, CHO and Ampadu) and
4. Won Europa Cup

This was supposed to be a long term project. Pep finished 3rd in his first season (78 pts) and went trophy-less and was also massively criticized as being poor defensively. Was he fired? No. He got another 300 mill (of which 200 alone went towards defenders). What about Klopp in his first season at Pool shipping in goals left and right en route to 8th place plus lost to Emery in Europa finals?

Sorry to say but a lot of Chelsea fans and the board are disgraceful. In his first season on the job, he’s finished 3rd and won Europa and you are comparing him to Rafa? Rafa took over near mid season while the club was still in top 4 and only 4 points off first place and finished 15 pts off the top with 75 points. Also, the situation is not analogous because Rafa was an interim manager (his contract ended at seasons end) while Sarri is on a 3yr contract and has chosen to leave to a bigger and better run club largely due to poor treatment from his employer. Keep in mind that neither manager was fired. That is why your comparison is misplaced.

When a new manager comes in, he largely works with the players on ground while trying to implement his ideas. There will be a lot of hiccups because most of those players will not fit in perfectly to his ideas. Season two, the manager should be backed in order to further refine the squad especially as he’s met his targets. By season three and with additional investment, the team should be firing on all cylinders or close to it. Expecting to run smoothly in season one is sheer naïveté and lunacy of the board and some Chelsea fans. That is why Sarri wants to leave and I don’t blame him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jose first season , he won the league...Carlo first season, won the league..Conte first season won the league....now you are giving him credit for players who other managers blended in , RLC, Jose gave him minutes and games, Christensen and Ampadu, Conte...these young players weren't even looked at by Sarri...he was pressured because he is too stubborn...won't make subs and would stick to 433.. until the whooping by Bournmounte, and City, he decided to change.. I do recall when he played the youth players in the Europa league and then come epl he reverted back to his stubborn ways...

Sarri should be grateful spurs, assnal and United were trash...sarri lost to Everton, Watford drew Burnley at home and got a draw vs united.. He was horrible on the road winless in over 8 away games from Jan to March...

That Europa league was one fluke run and the fixtures (opponents) were 4th tier level.. of course who wouldn't win the Europa league with a budget of 250 million while beating the likes of Baku, or whatever eastern European teams I cant even remember..talkless of the lucky pk win vs Frankfurt..smh...sarri and Chelsea don't mix
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

You keep making comparisons that aren’t useful. The league now with the crazy TV money is a lot different from 2004. The difficulty of the task is further increased by the fact Chelsea has been spending less compared to previous years and also in relation to what some other top 6 clubs spend. Your conclusion is based on emotion and subjective reasoning. To finish 3rd in this day and age with a new manager regardless of who bottled what around you is not a small feat. Spurs lost 12 or 13 games this season. There’s a reason why. Points are tougher to come by. When a small club like Fulham can spend 100 million in one window and still get relegated that should give you a hint. Stop living in 2004.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

SARRI TO JUVE
CHELSEA TO SIGN HOLLAND
CHELSEA REJECT HAZARD'S OFFER
CHELSEA ASKING £21M FOR TAMMY....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ekorian wrote: CHELSEA ASKING £21M FOR TAMMY....
Soon una go blame manager abi na Steve Holland? The club has no reliable striker, is facing a transfer ban which they haven’t yet appealed (based on reports) yet they want to troway a promising young strike that cost next to nothing (academy product) for chump change. Carry on :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The one thing however that does seem more and more clear by the day is that Chelsea will not pick up either the loan option or the buy option for next season, which would cost €18m and €36m, respectively, not including Pipita’s outrageous wages (and assuming any of that is even possible under a transfer ban).

Considering his poorly play and meager goal return — 5 goals in 18 matches in all competions; 3 of those against relegated sides Huddersfield (2) and Fulham (1)

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... ion-report
this is one of Sarri's buy. Is this a youth player? G4life..Sarri was never going to blend in the youths...They were forced on him
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The one thing however that does seem more and more clear by the day is that Chelsea will not pick up either the loan option or the buy option for next season, which would cost €18m and €36m, respectively, not including Pipita’s outrageous wages (and assuming any of that is even possible under a transfer ban).

Considering his poorly play and meager goal return — 5 goals in 18 matches in all competions; 3 of those against relegated sides Huddersfield (2) and Fulham (1)

this is one of Sarri's buy. Is this a youth player? G4life..Sarri was never going to blend in the youths...They were forced on him
See me see trouble? The only young striker they had was away on season long loan (Tammy). Morata flopped and thus needed to be replaced in desperate search of a top 4 finish. What does signing Pipita on loan have to do with playing young players? I already gave you at least 4 academy players - 3 of which got substantial playing time under Sarri. Nobody forces anything on anyone. The players play themselves into or out of the team. That is how it works at the top level. No manager at that level will play young players just for the heck of it. And credit to Sarri for handling CHO, RLC and Christensen perfectly.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

green4life wrote:
Soon una go blame manager abi na Steve Holland? The club has no reliable striker, is facing a transfer ban which they haven’t yet appealed (based on reports) yet they want to troway a promising young strike that cost next to nothing (academy product) for chump change. Carry on :lol:
Villa will not pay £21M as they are bringing in several players for next season. Chelsea's appeal is pending so they are playing it safe while keeping their options open
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

See me see trouble? The only young striker they had was away on season long loan (Tammy). Morata flopped and thus needed to be replaced in desperate search of a top 4 finish. What does signing Pipita on loan have to do with playing young players? I already gave you at least 4 academy players - 3 of which got substantial playing time under Sarri. Nobody forces anything on anyone. The players play themselves into or out of the team. That is how it works at the top level. No manager at that level will play young players just for the heck of it. And credit to Sarri for handling CHO, RLC and Christensen perfectly.
Do you want me to post the minutes the youth players like Christensen, RLC , Odoi and Ampadu got in the league? FYI RLC is 23 years old ...that isn't considered as a youth player
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Do you want me to post the minutes the youth players like Christensen, RLC , Odoi and Ampadu got in the league? FYI RLC is 23 years old ...that isn't considered as a youth player
Post all their minutes not just the league. All games are just as important including League Cup, FA Cup and Europa Cup. Regarding RLC, 23 years old is fairly young. No player is in their prime at 23 so there's still a lot of room for growth: growth that only occurs on the pitch if a coach gives the young man chances to develop his ability.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ekorian wrote:
green4life wrote:
Villa will not pay £21M as they are bringing in several players for next season. Chelsea's appeal is pending so they are playing it safe while keeping their options open
My understanding is Chelsea is not appealing the ban to avoid over inflated prices relative to the quality of players available and in light of Chelsea's desperate need to close deals before the ban kicks in. Hence, what likely will happen is they will accept the ban this summer and the January window and sign players next summer. By the way, this is one of the disagreements between the board and Sarri (he wanted to sign 1 or 2 players this window especially the striker - Jovic).