Complete Sports Creates Challenge to CyberEagles.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Complete Sports Creates Challenge to CyberEagles.....

Post by Enugu II »

I posted this earlier today in the "Problems & Suggestions" section:
COMPLETE COMMUNICATIONS LAUNCH SPORTS FAN BASE PLATFORM, NAIJA SUPER FANS
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... uper-fans/
9 MINS AGO
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments

Maiden all-sports daily publication outfit in Nigeria, Complete Communications Limited has taken another leap forward launching a digital fan base platform, the https://www.naijasuperfans.com.ng at the weekend at the Adna Hotel G.R.A Ikeja, Lagos.

The event, hosted by Lolade Adewuyi was graced by important personalities in the Sports industry and ex-footballers such as; Enefiok Udo Obong, a former Olympian, Victor Ikpeba and Peter Rufai, both former Super Eagles players, the 1st Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation; Seyi Akinwunmi, the Media Officer of the Super Eagles of Nigeria; Toyin Ibitoye, Segun Agbede amongst others.

Naija Super Fans, an initiative of Complete Communications Limited (CSL), a reputable Sports Media House and Publishers of Complete Sports Nigeria, assembled leading Journalists and Sports Media Houses around the country to collaborate and witness a new dawn in Nigerian Sports digital space.

Group Managing Director of Complete Communication Limited, Mumini Alao, addressed the attendees giving insight to what the platform has to offer with Head of Content, Wale Agbede breaking down details and given assurances on delivery of quality content around the clock.

In his opening remarks, The President of Naija Super Fans, Mumini Alao gave a brief history of Complete Communications and some of the achievements of the company since inception.

He also made mention of some journalists that had worked with the company. He went on to share what inspired the Naija Super Fans project.

He said that the platform was created to provide a solution to a new challenge in the Sports digital media, which is the non-availability of a platform that brings Sports fans together, and a platform where other issues in other fields can be discussed at the same time.

As he rounded off his speech, he promised the audience that the new all-inclusive platform; Naija Super Fans will be garnished and sauced with fun and excitement non-stop.

The Head of Content of the Naija Super Fans, Olawale Agbede in his speech gave the audience an insight of what to expect on the platform when it is officially opened. He made mention of the fact that Sports contents don’t get enough coverage on national tabloids and how fans are starved of content to feed on, a challenge which Naija Super Fans will solve. In summary, he said the quality of the content which will be drawn across different Sports on the platform will be unmatched as fans log in to the platform to engage one another.

In continuation of the event, the ambassadors; Peter Rufai, Enefiok Udo-Obong, Victor Ikpeba and former Super Falcons Player and Assistant Coach; Ann Chiejine of the Naija Super Fans were unveiled and they promised their support for the new project.

Victor Ikpeba in a video documentary shared his experience playing for the Super Eagles of Nigeria particularly the dramatic penalty shoot-out at the African Cup of Nations tournament against Cameroon in Lagos.

He regrets that the penalty, which indeed crossed the goal-line wasn’t given by the Referee. The audience called for the use of Video Assistant Referee (VAR) immediately the video of the penalty was shown. He (Victor Ikpeba) said it was a privilege playing for the Super Eagles, a career that lasted ten years.

After the undercards were done with, it was time for the main event; the unveiling of the website which was done by Wale Agbede. He showed the audience the content on the website and what fans should expect. He showed the audience how fans can sign up on the site and how they can be part of daily conversations.

He made mention of amazing prizes which would be won daily as the number of fans gets bigger. He also made mention of the big prize; a ticket to the African Cup of Nations in Egypt. Wale Agbede showed the audience that the platform won’t just be about sports contents but daily discussions on various social media platforms and our everyday life. Fans were encouraged to log in during the live presentation of the website and valuable feedback was provided by users in attendance.

Naija Super Fans is a new beginning for Sports Media in Nigeria’s digital space. The newly launched platform is set to combine all the Sports communities and is set to be in overdrive during the upcoming 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, 2019 Copa America and the 2019 AFCON.

Exclusive content is one word to describe what Naija Super Fans will be offering to subscribers, from videos detailing the exploits of Nigerian Sports heroes to opinionated arguments which will enlighten and spark conversation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Complete Sports Creates Challenge to CyberEagles.....

Post by DIMKA76 »

Only one CE.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

long overdue!! CE is now an EPL forum anyway. I dey go Register but i first i will advice them to not let Rawlings on that site.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

We have not marketed ourselves well at all in the over 2 decades of our existence.
Its amazing because this is where many of us come to as our first port of call for Nigerian news.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Lol, let's see how it turns out.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:We have not marketed ourselves well at all in the over 2 decades of our existence.
Its amazing because this is where many of us come to as our first port of call for Nigerian news.
Oga Doc, it is by design.

If we market and make this a money (revenue) generating venture, it will cause lots of problems. And we will be forced to hire permanent staff and questions about sustainability and financial oversite.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: long overdue!! CE is now an EPL forum anyway. I dey go Register but i first i will advice them to not let Rawlings on that site.
Agree! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Before 1Naija raised the issue about two weeks ago, I have long raised the same concern and some people here - like they did to 1Naija - attacked me.

This is "supposedly" the Super Eagles' Site, but it has long been changed to that of European football league's Site. Now, let's see how this Site (the CE) and its managers will react to this new development.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote:Lol, let's see how it turns out.
We (the CE) can still beat the new Site. We have been here longer and can still be here. All we need to do is change some things here and there and, still prevail.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:long overdue!! CE is now an EPL forum anyway. I dey go Register but i first i will advice them to not let Rawlings on that site.
Go Register on monster.com
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odas wrote:
We (the CE) can still beat the new Site. We have been here longer and can still be here. All we need to do is change some things here and there and, still prevail.
They're not a threat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Odas wrote:
They're not a threat.
:clap: :clap: not even close! Many have tired and collapsed. I expect this one to go in the same direction.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:We have not marketed ourselves well at all in the over 2 decades of our existence.

If we market and make this a money (revenue) generating venture, it will cause lots of problems. And we will be forced to hire permanent staff and questions about sustainability and financial oversite.
Boss, I get you. Maybe we should however look at how these hurdles can be overcome.
We've got so much talent on this site spanning all areas.
Maybe if we can at least get a few guys looking into how the site can be monetized, it'll be a start. I'm sure there will be no shortage of ideas.
Football is big business, even in Naija.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Only a matter of time before CE is eclipsed by another forum. We are not attracting the young fans.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:Only a matter of time before CE is eclipsed by another forum. We are not attracting the young fans.
Even Tbite who was (once) the youngest member here no longer visits.

The thing about age in life is that you don't realise how cynicism creeps up on you.
Young people are by and large far more positive and maybe this place is reflecting the age of its members, like you rightly imply.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
aruako1 wrote:Only a matter of time before CE is eclipsed by another forum. We are not attracting the young fans.

The thing about age in life is that you don't realise how cynicism creeps up on you.
Young people are by and large far more positive and maybe this place is reflecting the age of its members, like you rightly imply.
My brother, when you have 60 year olds crying like babies because people post on their season thread, even young kids will be ashamed to be on the same website as them. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:

I'm younger than Tbite and I don't think I'm the youngest member here.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

It’s easy to start a fan forum but to sustain it and hold onto your membership base is not small beans. CE has nothing to worry about. Ironically, for their forum to thrive, there will have to be heavy doses of EPL content (plus little La Liga). The fellas on ground in naija are more into European football than naija. They only care when the super eagles play and even at that it’s only a minor delay to their main course of EPL. This is from my experience of life on ground in naija. The restaurants sef have chalkboard showing the EPL / La Liga matches for the weekend. I never ever saw Rangers vs. Enyimba on the chalkboard in 7yrs of recent living in Owerri.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

green4life wrote:It’s easy to start a fan forum but to sustain it and hold onto your membership base is not small beans. CE has nothing to worry about. Ironically, for their forum to thrive, there will have to be heavy doses of EPL content (plus little La Liga). The fellas on ground in naija are more into European football than naija. They only care when the super eagles play and even at that it’s only a minor delay to their main course of EPL. This is from my experience of life on ground in naija. The restaurants sef have chalkboard showing the EPL / La Liga matches for the weekend. I never ever saw Rangers vs. Enyimba on the chalkboard in 7yrs of recent living in Owerri.
Diaspora Nigerians care about Nigerian footy more than the local ones, partly because they want to maintain some degree of "authenticity".
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Boss, I get you. Maybe we should however look at how these hurdles can be overcome.
Maybe if we can at least get a few guys looking into how the site can be monetized, it'll be a start. I'm sure there will be no shortage of ideas.
Turn CE to money making venture? Ok ooo

Ayo Akinfe where are you? Time to hammer has come. CE Contributing Editor.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Please. I like CE as it is. The lowkey profile is the reason it hasn't gone out of business like the likes of Kickoff Nigeria or the quality reduced dramatically like Nairaland.
I still the remember the first time I discovered this site back in 7th grade. Took me years before I was "old enough"(according to my dad) to open an account on here.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Bring the "young fans" in here and it'll be as messed up as NL is.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Turn CE to money making venture? Ok ooo

Ayo Akinfe where are you? Time to hammer has come. CE Contributing Editor.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Komani wrote:
Bring the "young fans" in here and it'll be as messed up as NL is.
Did you turn it into NL when you were younger? We had young people here in the past like Goke and Tbite and they were far more nature than some of the older ones.