TIJANI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
TIJANI

Post by Igugu »

Who in the God-forsaken World brought that guy, Tijani as striker in Nigerian Squad. And they kept fielding him leaving him on for 90 mins of the games. How did he make it to the squad? One of the most horrible player I have ever seen in our National outfit! How did this happen?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: TIJANI

Post by ohenhen1 »

Agents obviously influenced team selection
He should have never made the team talkless of playing 90 minutes in an elimination game. They should have played Maxwell Effiom upfront instead of him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:Agents obviously influenced team selection
He should have never made the team talkless of playing 90 minutes in an elimination game. They should have played Maxwell Effiom upfront instead of him.
He is foreign based. Effiom is Enyimba.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
What difference does that make at youth level?. Since we are not getting the benefits of having a tall striker on pitch. The guy was bad. Swith to a false 9. Bring in pace on the wings. Play over the top balls to the fast forward. Play low crosses or pull backs from the wings like Man city.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:

He was a part of the team in the early stages before going abroad.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Also need more passing between the forwards. Should also switch positions. The team was like a blunt knife. Predictable, no cutting edge. No skills, no pace upfront.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Looks can be so deceiving. In Tijani you expect to see a striker than can hold up the ball and bully defenders with his size, however his hold up skills are non existent. He simply couldn't bring down the ball or head the ball to a team mate whenever he received a long pass. We might as well have played with 10 men. Tijani was that poor. Akor who played in the first half against the U.S wasn't much better.

Surprised the last striker Chinoso was never tried. Like Ohenhen suggested we would also have been better off playing with a false 9.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Whaaat? I don't think so. Dude looked as dumb as an ox and played exactly like an unintelligent individual too...
Oh, mis-read your comments. My bad.
olu wrote:Looks can be so deceiving. In Tijani you expect to see a striker than can hold up the ball and bully defenders with his size, however his hold up skills are non existent. He simply couldn't bring down the ball or head the ball to a team mate whenever he received a long pass. We might as well have played with 10 men. Tijani was that poor. Akor who played in the first half against the U.S wasn't much better.

Surprised the last striker Chinoso was never tried. Like Ohenhen suggested we would also have been better off playing with a false 9.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Mystic,

I realize that. Going abroad has made it a certainty that he starts. Perhaps that makes it better. I wonder if the coach was forced to play the guys based overseas. After all, that is the mentality of a large number of our people and clearly the mentality of our NFF President from Day 1. I wish there will be the day when no spot is reserved for someone because of their club or geographical credentials.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

His height is a lot to carry around and be fast, very few strikers are that tall and still pacy and prolific in front of goal. But they have their use like Llorente did for Tottenham in the CL semi. I blame the coach with no game plan whatsoever and just throwing the lads on the field. If their was a game plan then he would have known Offorboh will be ineffective against an African side and would have fielded more physical players that cant be pushed around. The goals conceded were soft goals and even the goal we scored was an own goal after replay. A team with no effective wingers will struggle. The Offense should have been Effiong, Offia, and Makanjuola. Oh well hindsight is 50 50 but Aigbogun is a poor coach but those foreign born might have been also imposed on him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oscar52 wrote:His height is a lot to carry around and be fast, very few strikers are that tall and still pacy and prolific in front of goal. But they have their use like Llorente did for Tottenham in the CL semi. I blame the coach with no game plan whatsoever and just throwing the lads on the field. If their was a game plan then he would have known Offorboh will be ineffective against an African side and would have fielded more physical players that cant be pushed around. The goals conceded were soft goals and even the goal we scored was an own goal after replay. A team with no effective wingers will struggle. The Offense should have been Effiong, Offia, and Makanjuola. Oh well hindsight is 50 50 but Aigbogun is a poor coach but those foreign born might have been also imposed on him.
It's always the coach isn't it? You know nothing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thiefjani stole a spot?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:
Mystic,

I realize that. Going abroad has made it a certainty that he starts. Perhaps that makes it better. I wonder if the coach was forced to play the guys based overseas. After all, that is the mentality of a large number of our people and clearly the mentality of our NFF President from Day 1. I wish there will be the day when no spot is reserved for someone because of their club or geographical credentials.
At least, we have started to see clearly or i there say with a heavy heart, start to say or discover the truth. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I refuse to believe he was the best we could present at that position.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oscar52 wrote:His height is a lot to carry around and be fast, very few strikers are that tall and still pacy and prolific in front of goal. But they have their use like Llorente did for Tottenham in the CL semi. I blame the coach with no game plan whatsoever and just throwing the lads on the field. If their was a game plan then he would have known Offorboh will be ineffective against an African side and would have fielded more physical players that cant be pushed around. The goals conceded were soft goals and even the goal we scored was an own goal after replay. A team with no effective wingers will struggle. The Offense should have been Effiong, Offia, and Makanjuola. Oh well hindsight is 50 50 but Aigbogun is a poor coach but those foreign born might have been also imposed on him.
It's always the coach isn't it? You know nothing.
Who else can it be? Tijani has its uses, its left to a coach to know what situation he should be used in and what he should seat out. The whole team just feels like the player that played decent last game gets to start not a complete evaluation of the opponent and picking the best players from the bench.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Mystic,

I think that you are barking up the wrong tree. Our coach was simply incompetent.