FRANCE U-20 WOHWOH PASS OUR OWN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: FRANCE U-20 WOHWOH PASS OUR OWN

Post by kalani JR »

Hmm if I say something about the French goalkeeper certain people will call for my head.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:
Ekorian wrote:France actually outplayed the US but football is a cruel game of chances!
Same as Nigeria “outplaying” Senegal?
Football comes down to taking your chances.
Give it up bro...we suck and we cheat...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

paj wrote:US dey score dem 3-2 :dream:
How can they be worse than us?

Or are you just looking at the score line?

What about the quality of talent on display?

France has a conveyor belt of top level youth talent from this team stretching all the way to the top of the Eiffel Tower!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
paj wrote:US dey score dem 3-2 :dream:
How can they be worse than us?

Or are you just looking at the score line?

What about the quality of talent on display?

France has a conveyor belt of top level youth talent from this team stretching all the way to the top of the Eiffel Tower!
Txj,

PaJ is only joking, I believe. If he watched the games, it was as day and night (the difference) in quality. The French team would probably have annihilated the U20 team that we presented at this tournament.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:Hmm if I say something about the French goalkeeper certain people will call for my head.
this picture of Zagadou was taken two years ago when he was 17.

I ain't saying nothing though.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The French team is actually one of the best in this tournament but they met their match today against a USA team missing two key players. Let guys keep sleeping on the USA with the obsolete views of how ISA is not a soccer playing nation. This USA team has to be respected for this technical and tactical ability.
...people said that pre 1994 world cup, and the years thereafter.
Even at the 2002 wc the shocked everyone.
What they lack in raw talent they compensate at serious training, good logistics, and grooming.
mcal,

The USA has talented players ooo! That narrative of lacking raw talent just isn't true. I have a son who was part of the academy and there were kids with similar kinds of skill that you will find in Nigeria. Several are hispanic kids and those with parents from Africa. Several of these kids have been playing very early in their growth. To me, the establishment of the academy training program by Klinsmann is now churning out very good players. The test is 2026 at the WC which will be taking place in the USA. The USA team must be respected because I guarantee you that they are getting to the point where they are confident playing anyone -- Brazil, France, Argentina, you name them. They will be that confident. Those sleeping on them are simply not realizing that the narrative has LONG CHANGED.
...can't argue with that. Influx of immigrants helped bolster US soccer. Yeah, saw many during my involvement with the youth program, coaching and refereeing.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Hmm if I say something about the French goalkeeper certain people will call for my head.

You do not know what you are talking about.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Oguleftie wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

You do not know what you are talking about.
Oguleftie wrote:The French team should have walked off the field in the 1st half.
FIFA should just cancel the tournament; this is ridiculous.
I will consider the source, have a good day.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

damn these Mali kids are good at taking free kicks.
Saints baby we did it
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Oh boy. So USA defeated France?! CONCACAF is just one tough region mehn!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:

I wasn't talking age, I was talking job suitability.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

kolinzo wrote:Oh boy. So USA defeated France?! CONCACAF is just one tough region mehn!
How many goals did Honduras concede?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

this is the judge a players age by his face forum so i just assumed.

after saturday nights events i questioned your talent evaluation skills, that has now been furthered, that kid has been a top flight starting keeper since he was sixteen or seventeen, very good.
Saints baby we did it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

this is the judge a players age by his face forum so i just assumed.

after saturday nights events i questioned your talent evaluation skills, that has now been furthered, that kid has been a top flight starting keeper since he was sixteen or seventeen, very good.
I just don't trust black keepers, Rocco will do what must be done this summer.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Oguleftie wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Oh boy. So USA defeated France?! CONCACAF is just one tough region mehn!
What's my own with Honduras?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

kolinzo wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
What's my own with Honduras?
Honduras is in CONCACAF.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

With the way the MLS is growing in popularity with billionaires getting involved and building massive stadiums, if the super athletes suddenly see it as an alternative to NBA, MLS, and NFL then watch out. They turn sports into science in the US and dominate it.
Last edited by oscar52 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

King Futcha wrote:damn these Mali kids are good at taking free kicks.
I watched them (Mali) today beat Argentina and I must admit they are very good. I like their fighting - don't give-up - spirit. They are worthy African champions, indeed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Congrats to USA. They were out played the entire game but maintained their discipline and self belief and eventually it paid off. Good preparations puts you in position to squeeze out results even against all odds.

@Prof E2, the USA men’s team is on the brink but not quite there only because their best athletes are still lost to football, basketball and baseball. Eventually they can get there but it will still be difficulty for that reason. Compare to their women’s team where their best athletes opt for soccer before any other sport: hence they are always top 3 in the world. Just my gut.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
King Futcha wrote:damn these Mali kids are good at taking free kicks.
I watched them (Mali) today beat Argentina and I must admit they are very good. I like their fighting - don't give-up - spirit. They are worthy African champions, indeed.
...I love that Mali beat the Argies, and the all black Ecuador beat Uruguay.
Both the Argies and Uruguay don't like black teams beating them.
Remember Louis Suarez handball antics at 2010 wc vs Ghana, one of their players did the same yesterday vs Ecuador got red card and a penalty.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

green4life wrote:Congrats to USA. They were out played the entire game but maintained their discipline and self belief and eventually it paid off. Good preparations puts you in position to squeeze out results even against all odds.

@Prof E2, the USA men’s team is on the brink but not quite there only because their best athletes are still lost to football, basketball and baseball. Eventually they can get there but it will still be difficulty for that reason. Compare to their women’s team where their best athletes opt for soccer before any other sport: hence they are always top 3 in the world. Just my gut.
...those 3 sports are ingrained in America for over 100 years, will be tough for soccer to eclipse them anytime soon. But soccer is making it's stride slowly.
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The French team is actually one of the best in this tournament but they met their match today against a USA team missing two key players. Let guys keep sleeping on the USA with the obsolete views of how ISA is not a soccer playing nation. This USA team has to be respected for this technical and tactical ability.
...people said that pre 1994 world cup, and the years thereafter.
Even at the 2002 wc the shocked everyone.
What they lack in raw talent they compensate at serious training, good logistics, and grooming.

They don't lack raw talent bro.