CAF president Ahmad arrested in France for corruption

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Lou The Blue
Egg
Egg
CAF controversy (again)

Post by Lou The Blue »

Ahmad Ahmad was reportedly arrested for an issue with a sports equipment contract this morning in Paris at 8:30am.

If true, it's good news for Nigeria's Amaju Pinnick.

CAF statutes state that Pinnick (CAf's 1st VP) is now President:
If the President is absent or temporarily unavailable, the first Vice-President shall deputise, failing which his duties shall be performed by the second Vice-President, failing which his duties shall be performed by the third Vice-President or as a last resort, the longest- serving Executive Committee member.

If the President ceases exercising his functions on a permanent basis the first Vice-President shall assume the presidency, and shall be obliged to convene an Extraordinary General Assembly, in accordance with these Statutes. The Extraordinary General Assembly shall elect a new President, within a period not exceeding four (4) months from the time the office of President becomes conclusively vacant.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: CAF controversy (again)

Post by Cellular »

Lou The Blue wrote:Ahmad Ahmad was reportedly arrested for an issue with a sports equipment contract this morning in Paris at 8:30am.

If the President is absent or temporarily unavailable, the first Vice-President shall deputise, failing which his duties shall be performed by the second Vice-President, failing which his duties shall be performed by the third Vice-President or as a last resort, the longest- serving Executive Committee member.

If the President ceases exercising his functions on a permanent basis the first Vice-President shall assume the presidency, and shall be obliged to convene an Extraordinary General Assembly, in accordance with these Statutes. The Extraordinary General Assembly shall elect a new President, within a period not exceeding four (4) months from the time the office of President becomes conclusively vacant.
Pinnick has his own problems.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
Lou The Blue wrote:Ahmad Ahmad was reportedly arrested for an issue with a sports equipment contract this morning in Paris at 8:30am.

Pinnick has his own problems.
... with who?

Pinnick is our Hero :tic:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF president Ahmad arrested in France for corruption

Post by Comrade Machel »

:thumbs: :thumbs:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -in-france

FIFA vice president Ahmad Ahmad has been arrested in France, the football governing body confirmed on Thursday.

According to a report in African newspaper Jeune Afrique, the 59-year-old was arrested at his hotel in Paris, where global chiefs have gathered this week for FIFA's annual congress and the start of the Women's World Cup.

A former sports minister and current senator in Madagascar, Ahmad was elected president of the Confederation of African Football in 2017, a position which gave him a seat on FIFA's ruling council as a vice president.

His time in charge of the Egyptian-based organisation, however, has been dogged by controversy and he is already the subject of a FIFA ethics committee investigation.

Thursday's arrest is understood to relate to bribery allegations linked to the 2017 switch CAF made from its German kit supplier Puma to French company Tactical Steel.

In a statement, FIFA said it "has taken note of the alleged events concerning Mr Ahmad Ahmad, who is being questioned by the French authorities in relation to allegations related to his mandate while president of CAF".

It continues by saying it is unaware of the details surrounding this investigation and therefore cannot make any specific comment.

But it adds that FIFA has asked the French for "any information that might be relevant to investigations taking place within its ethics committee".

Having noted that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, the statement concludes: "As the FIFA president reiterated yesterday, FIFA is fully committed to eradicating all forms of wrongdoing at any level in football.

Ahmad has already been the subject of FIFA ethics committee investigation
Last edited by Comrade Machel on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF president Ahmad arrested in France for corruption

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kai, Africa we hail thee! :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Don’t we have Police in Africa; why is France usurping a jurisdiction that may not belong to it
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

France has jurisdiction if the proceeds of the crime is laundered into France or through french companies.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I smell ojoro!
Sounds like a serious shake down. Instead of people celebrating, you should be asking why now, and why didnt this happen to Issa Hayatou who happened to lead CAF for 29 Years!!!

Something stinks in this affair.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Picnic is behind this
Never trust a Nigerianese
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

charlie wrote:I smell ojoro!
Sounds like a serious shake down. Instead of people celebrating, you should be asking why now, and why didnt this happen to Issa Hayatou who happened to lead CAF for 29 Years!!!

'Ojoro' in that the man is (probably) innocent and should never have been arrested?
Or 'ojoro' that a man that has a case to answer has been arrested?
Or is it 'ojoro' because other guilty men (maybe like Issa Hayatou) are still walking free?
Which one? :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

AA has being smelling for a long time. They are just exposing his decomposing carcass.

The stench emanating from CAF, FIFA and most football federation is very strong....
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The west in general has a grave historical record dictating morality to Africa and I don’t trust them even if he is guilty. The former fifa boss with all the trail of corruption never smelt a police cell because he is Swiss. He was instead sent home with a retirement package. We have teams in France representing the confederation who would be demoralized. This timing is suspect
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:Don’t we have Police in Africa; why is France usurping a jurisdiction that may not belong to it
Erm,how many known criminals are in office in Nigeria alone? Not to say Europe and the USA don't elect and select criminals but the process is way different as they do it in a way that Africans want to live there and even die in their hospitals!Platini has never done a day in prison :thumbs:
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

I smell bulshait! This whole thing smell of set up. Didn't they deny him USA visa at the eve of a crucial FIFA election sometime ago without any explanation? We know Africa has been gunning for more spots at the WC and he is not giving up so I feel this is a check up by Europeans and North Americas. Some of you negros that are cheering needs to read the hand writing on the wall. These clowns wants an African that concurs with them(slaveboy).
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:I smell bulshait! This whole thing smell of set up. Didn't they deny him USA visa at the eve of a crucial FIFA election sometime ago without any explanation? We know Africa has been gunning for more spots at the WC and he is not giving up so I feel this is a check up by Europeans and North Americas. Some of you negros that are cheering needs to read the hand writing on the wall. These clowns wants an African that concurs with them(slaveboy).
You should concern yourself with whether or not he has a case to answer, not where he is from. And if you have a problem with selective (race-based) justice then get angry about those escaping justice rather than support those that justice is catching up with simply because they are ‘your people’.

But we all know that’s how you do your Nigerian thing, so no surprise here.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Pinnick is a politician without real football knowledge. someone travelling to london and watching EPL can not help the local league, the guy is not good for grassroot football in nigeria.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damunk wrote:

'Ojoro' in that the man is (probably) innocent and should never have been arrested?
Or is it 'ojoro' because other guilty men (maybe like Issa Hayatou) are still walking free?
All of the above!

Look Damunk, all I am saying is that the Western countries, especially France and UK, have Zero issues with openly corrupt leaders when it suits them.

So when I see public shakedowns like this (which is what we have seen), all I am saying is that there is much more to the story than anyone is talking about.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They arrested a present "senator in Madagascar??" Have they lost their mind? This is where Africans do not have respect for themselves! dare it! dare to arrest a seating United States Senator in a foreign country and see what will happen to you. Dare it! '

And look at some Africans here celebrating. Just like John12 said in the other thread, we dont respect ourselves and thats why they dont respect us.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

charlie wrote:
Damunk wrote:

All of the above!

Look Damunk, all I am saying is that the Western countries, especially France and UK, have Zero issues with openly corrupt leaders when it suits them.

So when I see public shakedowns like this (which is what we have seen), all I am saying is that there is much more to the story than anyone is talking about.
There probably is much more to it but my point is that being persecuted by oyibo does and should not automatically exonerate us from answering to crimes we might have committed simply because the claim appears to be racist in origin.

Oyibo hypocrisy shouldn't be matched by our own equal and opposite hypocrisy. Why can't we for once claim the higher moral ground?

What does it matter who prosecutes if he is indeed truly guilty? Is he not doing us as black people a huge disservice? We should now further compromise ourselves by supporting his cause because he is 'one of us'?

That's what I find unsatisfactory and typifies our politics in Nigeria.
''Our person cannot be guilty so please leave him alone."

I no dey for that one.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

osita wrote:
Pinnick is a politician without real football knowledge. someone travelling to london and watching EPL can not help the local league, the guy is not good for grassroot football in nigeria.
You woke up four years late.....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
osita wrote:
You woke up four years late.....
Fabio nor go ever disagree with anybody who yabbs Pinnick, even if they say he is an armed robber wey dey kill on night operation. :lol: :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:They arrested a present "senator in Madagascar??" Have they lost their mind? This is where Africans do not have respect for themselves! dare it! dare to arrest a seating United States Senator in a foreign country and see what will happen to you. Dare it! '

And look at some Africans here celebrating. Just like John12 said in the other thread, we dont respect ourselves and thats why they dont respect us.
The Supreme Court interpreted the language "in all Cases, except Treason, Felony, and Breach of the Peace" to encompass all crimes. Williamson v. United States (1908). Tracing the origins of the clause to parliamentary privilege, the Court found this identical language was used to qualify Parliament's privilege from arrest so that the members of Parliament were not immune from criminal prosecution. The Court concluded that the Framers' use of the identical phrase, without any explanation, indicated that Congress's privilege was to have the same limitation regarding criminal actions as did the parliamentary privilege from which the language was borrowed. The clause, therefore, does not provide Congress with any immunity from criminal prosecution.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damunk wrote:
charlie wrote:
Damunk wrote:

All of the above!

There probably is much more to it but my point is that being persecuted by oyibo does and should not automatically exonerate us from answering to crimes we might have committed simply because the claim appears to be racist in origin.

Oyibo hypocrisy shouldn't be matched by our own equal and opposite hypocrisy. Why can't we for once claim the higher moral ground?

What does it matter who prosecutes if he is indeed truly guilty? Is he not doing us as black people a huge disservice? We should now further compromise ourselves by supporting his cause because he is 'one of us'?

That's what I find unsatisfactory and typifies our politics in Nigeria.
''Our person cannot be guilty so please leave him alone."

I no dey for that one.
:rotf: Pretty much no one that rises to the top of CAF, FIFA, UEFA, or any major global or continental organization, is without skeletons in their closet. They are all freaking corrupt. It is the nature of the beast.

If you have a purity test, save it bro, you are wasting your time.

Anyone who really has integrity and honesty and is 100% against all forms of corruption will never look to be in a position of power. Full stop!

Call me cynical, all I would say is that I have seen this movie before. He has been arrested today, but chances are in the next few weeks, this story will fade away and he will all of a sudden be found cleared of all charges, and if you look closer at the right bank accounts, they would have grown by a couple of percentage points.

That is unfortunately the world we live in.