SE v ZIMBABWE: Likely Lineup ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE v ZIMBABWE: Likely Lineup ....

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive: Super Eagles Lineup For Zimbabwe Tie – Kalu, Chukwueze, Onuachu Lead Attack, Akpeyi Starts
June 8, 201901
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/08/e ... yi-starts/

The lineup of the Super Eagles of Nigeria ‎for their pre-AFCON 2019 friendly game against Zimbabwe has been revealed by coach of the team, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Coach Gernot Rohr lined the players up in his favourite 4-3-3 formation with Daniel Akpeyi preferred in goal ahead of regular first choice Francis Uzoho with Ikechukwu Ezenwa out injured.

Ola Aina starts as the right full back of the back four with Jamilu Collins on his opposite side while the duo of Kenneth Omeruo and Leon Balogun will occupy the role of central defenders for the game.

In midfield, captain John Obi Mikel starts with Oghenekaro Etebo and Alex Iwobi with the latter playing in the more advanced role close to the three strikers in Paul Onuachu, Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu.

Full Lineup :

Daniel Akpeyi

Ola Aina

Jamilu Collins

Leon Balogun

Kenneth Omeruo

Oghenekaro Etebo

John Obi Mikel

Alex Iwobi

Samuel Chukwueze

Samuel Kalu

Paul Onuachu
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE v ZIMBABWE: Likely Lineup ....

Post by ANC »

damn Ighalo dodges bullet again
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:damn Ighalo dodges bullet again
Why? He is already on the plane to AFCON 2019 in Cairo. Don't you think so?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Alex Iwobi that just got to camp?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:Alex Iwobi that just got to camp?

perhaps Rohr is trying something out while re-integrating right away into the team
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ohenhen1,

I am asking myself the same question. I am truly surprised. He is a certainty for Egypt and so why is he starting here.The only thing that I can think, if the story is accurate, is thatRohr is not convinced about his playmaking for Nigeria and wants to give him more match time to strengthen that aspect for SE.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enugu II wrote:
ANC wrote:damn Ighalo dodges bullet again
Why? He is already on the plane to AFCON 2019 in Cairo. Don't you think so?

Yeap, I agree, and the lineup validates it. I only wish he develops a cold thats only curable by staying away from Afcon 2019
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ANC wrote:

perhaps Rohr is trying something out while re-integrating right away into the team
That is what I think too.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm not sure we've ever had Mikel, Iwobi, Chukwueze and Kalu on the same pitch at the same time before.
Rohr probably wants to see how a strike force that thrives on quality feed at club level will function with the same quality feed from Iwobi and Mikel.

That's one explanation.
I expect Osimhen to come in later in the game.

For me, good line up.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:I'm not sure we've ever had Mikel, Iwobi, Chukwueze and Kalu on the same pitch at the same time before.
Rohr probably wants to see how a strike force that thrives on quality feed at club level will function with the same quality feed from Iwobi and Mikel.

That's one explanation.
I expect Osimhen to come in later in the game.

For me, good line up.

Options everywhere upfront. My goodness! :shyluv:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

And so? Does it matter? Hasn't he been part of the team from inception? The team needs every opportunity to blend and tryout new tactics and not just new players.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:
And so? Does it matter? Hasn't he been part of the team from inception? The team needs every opportunity to blend and tryout new tactics and not just new players.

I suspect coach has already made his mind up about his team. This is a lineup I can leave with, so long as Etebo, does most of the heave defensive lifting.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chief nfachairman wrote:

No mind am jare. Never seen a lineup he hasn’t complained about, he’d rather see pa Ajasco in the line up :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
He needs some time off to rest.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
So you know better than the coach, abi? Btw exactly what does he need rest from? From a grueling season with Arsenal where he played majority of the games or rest from the Europa final where he played all 90 minutes abi? Sometimes una no dey think this thing through very well...and that quite frankly is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

That would be unfair to the rest of the team, if waltz into the AFCON lineup without going through the "trials" I am okay with this line-up, with the exception of Ndidi, this line cannot beat anyone, Brazil, Argentina Included. :biggrin:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

No mind am jare. Never seen a lineup he hasn’t complained about, he’d rather see pa Ajasco in the line up :roll:

:bump: :bump:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This is why most people cant take you seriously here.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Firstly, this is a speculative list.

Secondly, if its correct, ROhr wants to get this team blending and hot from start. Imagine wining Zimbabwe, the first game of the AFCON series, with 3-0 or 4-0. It would be a massive boost to the team.

I believe Iwobi would be restedin the 2nd half tho.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
So you know better than the coach, abi? Btw exactly what does he need rest from? From a grueling season with Arsenal where he played majority of the games or rest from the Europa final where he played all 90 minutes abi? Sometimes una no dey think this thing through very well...and that quite frankly is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh

Dude let it go :lol:

Its stress or should I say tension
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

x
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

My own question is, Why is Ndidi starting? Why Mikel? If Mikel would be his DM, wouldnt Ndidi push up to the CM midfield and take over Etebo's role? Or does Rohr prefer Etebo there? Are we seeing the iminent benching of Ndidi?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:My own question is, Why is Ndidi starting? Why Mikel? If Mikel would be his DM, wouldnt Ndidi push up to the CM midfield and take over Etebo's role? Or does Rohr prefer Etebo there? Are we seeing the iminent benching of Ndidi?
Like I said, the line up is giving me goosebumps, I am completely Ok with Ndidi coming second half to replace Mikel or even Etebo. Etebo is an engine, and frankly would be more beneficial defensively. SE is back, this will not be a kick and rush team o. The ball would be played on the surface of the green grass (albeit bumpy)