"They will buy African Players"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: "They will buy African Players"

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:If no one makes a serious bid for Wilfred Ndidi this season, we really have to consider the fact that there's some inherent bias against african players
...and the bias is Africans, especially loud mouth Nigerians. You give agents, owners ideas they would think twice before they invest their money.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:tonithetiger, did you see the picture of the babe wearing black? she looks in her 20s, I don't know what eyes you have...you need to go see eye doctor.
Don't bother yourself. I am her facebook friend and I can see ALL her pictures!

Anyone who has been with a woman knows that when women were make-up, it makes them look more mature.
exactly, that's why i despise makeups . However, I wouldn't mind selling makeups and hairs to women oooo..that is some crazy money.I dey try find connects for India/Pakistan to see who fit supply me with hair..This could be a lucrative side hustle
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: useless guy!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:tonithetiger, did you see the picture of the babe wearing black? she looks in her 20s, I don't know what eyes you have...you need to go see eye doctor.
Don't bother yourself. I am her facebook friend and I can see ALL her pictures!

Anyone who has been with a woman knows that when women were make-up, it makes them look more mature.
exactly, that's why i despise makeups . However, I wouldn't mind selling makeups and hairs to women oooo..that is some crazy money.I dey try find connects for India/Pakistan to see who fit supply me with hair..This could be a lucrative side hustle
Would you sell pant as well?
See this guy! If money dey inside. :rotf: :rotf:

Interesting story, one of my guy from high school started a water business in Nigeria and is making a killing. So, i asked him that back in high school, if someone told you that you will grow up and be selling "pure water," what would you have said? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
deanotito wrote:If no one makes a serious bid for Wilfred Ndidi this season, we really have to consider the fact that there's some inherent bias against african players
...and the bias is Africans, especially loud mouth Nigerians. You give agents, owners ideas they would think twice before they invest their money.
I think that a shallow side of it. The deeper issue is that big clubs do not rate African footballers. They consider them as the "water carrier" and will usually engage Africans to play defense or defensive midfield. And even at that, they are more likely to look at Europeans or South Americans first. Presently, they are even looking at Asians first, before Africans.

The issue was NEVER AFCON. Unfortunately, the white master was able to use the instrument of evil (the selected African slave) to perpetuate the lie. They have moved AFCON to summer to appease their master, yet, were are the African players moving to big clubs? We are waiting!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

mcal wrote:
NO. It is the drop off in performance that is noticeable when 22 (on paper) year olds start playing as if they're 30.

How do you expect that widespread age cheating would be going on in Africa, and it would remain a secret??? You think this is the year 1519?

We did it to ourselves with our shortsightedness. Age cheating hurts us more than it hurts anyone else. I remember a few years ago, strenuously arguing with some seniors on CE that age cheating is the biggest challenge to our success in soccer at the senior level.

But my point on Ndidi still stands. His performance is probably top 5-10 in europe for his position...he's just that good. That you don't hear any buzz about him is downright criminal.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:
mcal wrote:
NO. It is the drop off in performance that is noticeable when 22 (on paper) year olds start playing as if they're 30.

How do you expect that widespread age cheating would be going on in Africa, and it would remain a secret??? You think this is the year 1519?

We did it to ourselves with our shortsightedness. Age cheating hurts us more than it hurts anyone else. I remember a few years ago, strenuously arguing with some seniors on CE that age cheating is the biggest challenge to our success in soccer at the senior level.

But my point on Ndidi still stands. His performance is probably top 5-10 in europe for his position...he's just that good. That you don't hear any buzz about him is downright criminal.
...age cheating has been disastrous, that is very true.
But highlighting it at every turn has also poisoned the minds of those big club owners.
At this ongoing u20 tournament there are many European and South American players with facial hair the size of late Ojukwu yet no one is saying that guy is 30, 40 years old.
How many African players spot beards, or just the 'rough' face they look at.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote:
deanotito wrote:
mcal wrote:

But highlighting it at every turn has also poisoned the minds of those big club owners.
At this ongoing u20 tournament there are many European and South American players with facial hair the size of late Ojukwu yet no one is saying that guy is 30, 40 years old.
COULD BE BECAUSE...

…in many of these countries, birth certificates are issued at birth and it's criminal to falsify your age in a passport or other official documents. In Nigeria, you simply go to court with a relative and state any age.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING...

...why not form your own league? WA Regional League, anybody? I've been pushing this for a while now but people's attitude make it seem like W/Europe is the only place where football should be played. One of the benefits of having your own league is that all issues related to bias quickly go away. Build yours and no one can discriminate against you. Depend on them and they can treat you with spite. Why can't Africans, for a change, act with creativity and boldness?
Bell
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Cellular wrote:
john12 wrote:When aAfrican IDIOTS use their own mouth to publicly accuse its players of “Overage” even without any empirical evidence or data then why should Agents even take us seriously? Look at uzoho that had a fairly ok performance at World Cup and should had been signed to a decent club, dude is at Cyprus. NIHERIANS use their mouth to create a meme of him being a father of 1 and 15 years older than his age. If you be Agent, will you consider that kind of person?? At the end of the day, people will treat you how you treat yourself and the only way african players will be signed to big clubs is if they’re “EXCEPTIONAL”
Bros, Like you, I don't like the generalization. But we have a HUGE problem.

I used to be an ardent defender of the players claiming whatever age they want to claim but what my eyes have seen in Naijaria, my mouth no fit tok am.

And if you know my history on this forum regarding this very topic you will know that it must be somn.

We do have truly young players but they are not given a decent chance.
I blame the adults in all of this... yes, the NFF, coaches and agents. Not the cheats themselves... they are just victims of a deeper rot.
Woah! Txj better not see this post. Your own go finish be dat... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING...

...why not form your own league? WA Regional League, anybody? I've been pushing this for a while now but people's attitude make it seem like W/Europe is the only place where football should be played. One of the benefits of having your own league is that all issues related to bias quickly go away. Build yours and no one can discriminate against you. Depend on them and they can treat you with spite. Why can't Africans, for a change, act with creativity and boldness?
Bell

Sir, if you agree to bankroll that league today, I am certain it will take off. Are you willing to provide full financial backing, Sir?

The Nigerian who owns Betnaija or whatever is called wanted to invest and went to Portugal. The other one, Dangote.. there were rumors and the rumors only mentioned Arsenal.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

danfo driver wrote:

Bell

Sir, if you agree to bankroll that league today, I am certain it will take off. Are you willing to provide full financial backing, Sir?

The Nigerian who owns Betnaija or whatever is called wanted to invest and went to Portugal. The other one, Dangote.. there were rumors and the rumors only mentioned Arsenal.

LET ME BE SURE I UNDERSTAND YOU

Anytime a person proposes something he has to be (financially or otherwise) invested in it?
Bell
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:When aAfrican IDIOTS use their own mouth to publicly accuse its players of “Overage” even without any empirical evidence or data then why should Agents even take us seriously? Look at uzoho that had a fairly ok performance at World Cup and should had been signed to a decent club, dude is at Cyprus. NIHERIANS use their mouth to create a meme of him being a father of 1 and 15 years older than his age. If you be Agent, will you consider that kind of person?? At the end of the day, people will treat you how you treat yourself and the only way african players will be signed to big clubs is if they’re “EXCEPTIONAL”
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is funny to watch but beneath the humour there's a serious issue.
Tony Adams: "Boss, Kanu is about 48 years old! He's finished!"

[/video]

Funny. :lol:

But on a serious note, Kanu is is less than 47 years of age, but I would wager that he is slightly older than 43. The shaving of age its not really worth it, you lose credibility and gain very little in the short run.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Bell

Anytime a person proposes something he has to be (financially or otherwise) invested in it?
Bell
So you are not willing to provide full financial backing for your own proposal? Sir, how do you think it will take off without capital?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

But on a serious note, Kanu is is less than 47 years of age, but I would wager that he is slightly older than 43. The shaving of age its not really worth it, you lose credibility and gain very little in the short run.
Yes, but Redknapp was talking about 2006, about 13 years ago!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

Yes, but Redknapp was talking about 2006, about 13 years ago!

I know and post was based on Kanu's current age today.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

You are a classic example of id!ots we don't need in Nigeria. Instead of accepting something is wrong and work to deal with the issue, you find excuses and reasons why the problem should continue.

If you are looking for the problem with Nigeria, look in the mirror and you'll see the problem.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bell wrote:
mcal wrote:
deanotito wrote:
mcal wrote:

COULD BE BECAUSE...

…in many of these countries, birth certificates are issued at birth and it's criminal to falsify your age in a passport or other official documents. In Nigeria, you simply go to court with a relative and state any age.
Bell
...and I agree about those places.
But we have been found out, and I guess we are taking turns fix the issue of true age.
But for folks to keep hammering a player "looks" too old is tiring.
Reason why I ask about the facial hair on many Europe and Americas players.
At least that aspect tell age/maturity in a man.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Chief I’m 100% against age cheating but I will not support stupidity or false slandering. If you think one is overage, provide his birth certificate, or his contemporaries not some “facial judge” most of these guys grew up in Nigeria, they had some contemporaries and they didn’t just come out of from the moon. I’m saying this because here in US boys are looking older than their age and there’s not a suspect of age cheating. I understand all records are kept safe here, but don’t ignore “older looking younger guys
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Bell

Bell
So you are not willing to provide full financial backing for your own proposal? Sir, how do you think it will take off without capital?
WELL, SUPPOSE I'M NOT FINANCIALLY CAPABLE?

Does that mean I should stop putting out ideas?
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Bell

Bell
WELL, SUPPOSE I'M NOT FINANCIALLY CAPABLE?

Does that mean I should stop putting out ideas?
Bell

No Sir, it just means that your idea(s) will be difficult to implement, as not many are financially capable. And those who are are more interested in investing in markets that have a higher chance of providing a serious ROI.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bell
A regional league can only be successful if it is overlaid on fully functional domestic leagues.

Without that initial foundation it is simply a pipe dream.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

txj wrote:

Bell
A regional league can only be successful if it is overlaid on fully functional domestic leagues.

I think CAF/FIFA will have to sign off on it. Our best hope is for the UEFA Super League to go through then there will be a stronger case for it to happen.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kalani JR wrote:
txj wrote:

Bell

I think CAF/FIFA will have to sign off on it. Our best hope is for the UEFA Super League to go through then there will be a stronger case for it to happen.

Our best hope is to develop our domestic league.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp