"They will buy African Players"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: "They will buy African Players"

Post by Bell »

kalani JR wrote:
txj wrote:
Bell wrote:INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING...

...why not form your own league? WA Regional League, anybody? I've been pushing this for a while now but people's attitude make it seem like W/Europe is the only place where football should be played. One of the benefits of having your own league is that all issues related to bias quickly go away. Build yours and no one can discriminate against you. Depend on them and they can treat you with spite. Why can't Africans, for a change, act with creativity and boldness?
Bell
A regional league can only be successful if it is overlaid on fully functional domestic leagues.

Without that initial foundation it is simply a pipe dream.
I think CAF/FIFA will have to sign off on it. Our best hope is for the UEFA Super League to go through then there will be a stronger case for it to happen.
OK, BUT...

…what does this have to do with the UEFA Super league? Must Africa always subordinate itself to Europe?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

txj wrote:

...why not form your own league? WA Regional League, anybody? I've been pushing this for a while now but people's attitude make it seem like W/Europe is the only place where football should be played. One of the benefits of having your own league is that all issues related to bias quickly go away. Build yours and no one can discriminate against you. Depend on them and they can treat you with spite. Why can't Africans, for a change, act with creativity and boldness?
Bell
A regional league can only be successful if it is overlaid on fully functional domestic leagues.

RECENTLY, I SPOKE WITH A CYBEREAGLE, AND...

…I found out that some may not understand what I mean by a regional league and it could be why you think a strong domestic league is needed. In any case, if one is needed, which I doubt, the existing structure can serve that purpose. It can also be reformed.
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bell wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
txj wrote:

Bell

I think CAF/FIFA will have to sign off on it. Our best hope is for the UEFA Super League to go through then there will be a stronger case for it to happen.
OK, BUT...

…what does this have to do with the UEFA Super league? Must Africa always subordinate itself to Europe?
Bell
Not about subordination it's more along the lines of FIFA or whoever will sanction such a venture will be reluctant to allow such a competition because it'll make a case for the UEFA guys.