Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Post by ANC »

:? Don't shoot me o. Just a messenger :biggrin:

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/08/nigeria ... -revealed/
Two Super Eagles players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has drop two players from his squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations by Sunday.

The names will be revealed before the team flies out of the country to Ismaila, Egypt, where they will continue preparations for the tournament.

Insiders told DAILY POST that Leicester City forward, Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi, who spent last season at Rotterham, are likely to be cut loose.

Both players did not feature on Saturday, as Nigeria were held to a 0-0 draw by Zimbabwe in an international friendly played in Asaba, the Delta state capital.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has given all the 24 countries that will participate in AFCON 2019 a deadline of Monday, June 10, to submit their final 23-man squads.

Rohr called up 25 players for camping.

Download Daily Post App. Subscribe to Daily Post Newsletter. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Post by jette1 »

i really feel sorry for nacho's misfortune. as for semi ajayi i dont know that he has ever justified his call ups
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I want Kelechi go to Afcon, hope the list is not legit.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I believe Nacho already knew he will not make the team after not being played today and it's not a surprise to him because he hasn't been active in his team.

On the other hand, if Nacho doesn't make the team, what will the EXPERTS who told us how Nacho and some other players were DAZZLING in practice will say?
Last edited by Odas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If this is true, then I’m disappointed in rohr but I still respect his decision. The fact that Osimhen, Onuachu are just inexperienced rookies should had made kelechi higher on the pecking level. Also, if you want to use lack of “game time” then why wasn’t Musa (last year) or balogun (this year) dropped? I think iheanacho unproffessionalism attitude might had cost him a position. You can clown around when you’re winning in life, but when you’re losing, stay 100% professional and stop dancing dancing. I hope he recovers from it and I hope the likes of ogu learns from this
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So he will cut Kelechi but take Moses? :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:So he will cut Kelechi but take Moses? :lol:
... for now, no one knows. It's all: "If this and if that." Let's wait and see. In a few days, we will know for sure if Nacho is going to Egypt or not
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

Kelechi should make it. I think Osimhen and Ajayi will be dropped. Rohr likes variation in attack and Kelechi is a left footer ; Onuachu is big and tall.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Drop Shehu and Onuachu
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have a feeling kele maybe dropped...just a feeling
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If Kelechi is lacking in confidence it’s not the National teams good to revitalise him.I hear that Cristiano Ronaldo at 33 and still one the greatest puts in extra training so why can’t Kelechi who’s in his early 20s with a lot to prove do the same? (just a question)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ANC wrote:I want Kelechi go to Afcon, hope the list is not legit.
Remember my response to one of your post? Kele has lost form and should be dropped.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Not that Kelechi will bang him goals but at least you have that option.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:I believe Nacho already knew he will not make the team after not being played today and it's not a surprise to him because he hasn't been active in his team.

On the other hand, if Nacho doesn't make the team, what will the EXPERTS who told us how Nacho and some other players were DAZZLING in practice will say?
Lance Corporal Odas

Don't confuse agents with "experts"
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

If Nacho is dropped and Ighalo ends up leading 9ja’s attack I would expect Rohr to be fired after the tournament as 9ja will crash out
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

john12 wrote:If this is true, then I’m disappointed in rohr but I still respect his decision. The fact that Osimhen, Onuachu are just inexperienced rookies should had made kelechi higher on the pecking level. Also, if you want to use lack of “game time” then why wasn’t Musa (last year) or balogun (this year) dropped? I think iheanacho unproffessionalism attitude might had cost him a position. You can clown around when you’re winning in life, but when you’re losing, stay 100% professional and stop dancing dancing. I hope he recovers from it and I hope the likes of ogu learns from this
Not saying the report is true but for me the highlighted is actually a plus for a coach, cos it means he has the guts to cut a more experienced but non performing player for one with potential. How many times have we said we shouldn't rely on big names?

As for your Musa example, he unlike Kelechi has been delivering for the Eagles so he justifies his inclusion.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Flex Swift wrote:If Nacho is dropped and Ighalo ends up leading 9ja’s attack I would expect Rohr to be fired after the tournament as 9ja will crash out
I'm not a fan of Ighalo but you better believe he will be on the team. Just like Keshi with Emenike, Rohr it seems likes the idea of a big, strong, burly and bruising pointman who can also hold up the ball.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.

Moses in the no brainer (drop), simple. Its not that he is so awesome at crossing or purposeful dribbling. He is too short too.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I believe the players dropped will be Semi Ajayi and one of Onuachu or Osimhen. They're both similar players and inexperienced at this level.
Iheanacho's record in the SE speaks for itself and his ability with free kicks is an added bonus.
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Twitter is saying it's Semi Ajayi and Nacho.

Unconfirmed though.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ANC wrote::? Don't shoot me o. Just a messenger :biggrin:

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has drop two players from his squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations by Sunday.

The names will be revealed before the team flies out of the country to Ismaila, Egypt, where they will continue preparations for the tournament.

Insiders told DAILY POST that Leicester City forward, Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi, who spent last season at Rotterham, are likely to be cut loose.

Both players did not feature on Saturday, as Nigeria were held to a 0-0 draw by Zimbabwe in an international friendly played in Asaba, the Delta state capital.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has given all the 24 countries that will participate in AFCON 2019 a deadline of Monday, June 10, to submit their final 23-man squads.

Download Daily Post App. Subscribe to Daily Post Newsletter. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.
I am existentially opposed to Rohr being the coach of Nigeria because he’s unfit, in my humble opinion. Everyone has heard me say that a million times but the fact of the matter is that Rohr is only 25% of the problem. The other 75% is the national press and the fans. These two groups are collectively calling for Iheanacho to be dropped but are quite happy to keep Leon Balogun and his grand total of 6 appearances for one of the worst teams in the EPL on the team. If Rohr does drop Nacho, he would only be doing what’s expected of a mediocre coach; catering to the whims of agents disguised as fans and the press. If these guys were made to stay away from Nigerian football, we’d all be better the for it :!:

Cheers.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

It's been about three years now though. :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
ANC wrote::? Don't shoot me o. Just a messenger :biggrin:

I am existentially opposed to Rohr being the coach of Nigeria because he’s unfit, in my humble opinion. Everyone has heard me say that a million times but the fact of the matter is that Rohr is only 25% of the problem. The other 75% is the national press and the fans. These two groups are collectively calling for Iheanacho to be dropped but are quite happy to keep Leon Balogun and his grand total of 6 appearances for one of the worst teams in the EPL on the team. If Rohr does drop Nacho, he would only be doing what’s expected of a mediocre coach; catering to the whims of agents disguised as fans and the press. If these guys were made to stay away from Nigerian football, we’d all be better the for it :!:

Cheers.
It's more nuanced than that. They play different positions, and unlike the CD position we seem to have more palatable alternatives in attack. Also, Balogun for all his relatively unimpressive club performances has largely played well for country. Nacho on the other hand has sucked for both club and country. If my memory serves me well the last time I was impressed with his performance in the GWG as against Zambia in Lusaka during the WC18 qualifiers.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯