Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Post by Dammy »

Confirmed Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi cut from the squad.
I am happy
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Dammy wrote:Confirmed Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi cut from the squad.
Kai!

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/breaking-su ... emi-ajayi/
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Sir V wrote:
Kai!

And Ighalo is in form, okay o
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

nko wrote:Kelechi should make it. I think Osimhen and Ajayi will be dropped. Rohr likes variation in attack and Kelechi is a left footer ; Onuachu is big and tall.
Rohr already has 2 left footers that are almost sure banker starters. Nacho's left is no longer an advantage for him.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Rohr pulled a fast one, selecting moses (ahead of iheanacho) because he can play as a fullback. He does not like Iheanacho simple, lack of confidence is not a reason to drop a proven scorer.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:
nko wrote:Kelechi should make it. I think Osimhen and Ajayi will be dropped. Rohr likes variation in attack and Kelechi is a left footer ; Onuachu is big and tall.
Rohr already has 2 left footers that are almost sure banker starters. Nacho's left is no longer an advantage for him.
Collins and Chukwueze?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kelechi must had really offended rohr with his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully, he learns from it
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:Kelechi must had really offended rohr with his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully, he learns from it

Perhaps, because his exclusion (but inclusion of Moses/Kalu) makes no sense. If he is lacking in confidence, help build it back up don't just discard him.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

So with Semi dropped how many midfielders do we have on the team?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Build his confidence at the expense of others who are in a rich vein of form, on the eve of the greatest tournament of the continent?
That sure makes a lot is sense, doesn’t it?
ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:Kelechi must had really offended rohr with his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully, he learns from it

Perhaps, because his exclusion (but inclusion of Moses/Kalu) makes no sense. If he is lacking in confidence, help build it back up don't just discard him.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

For me, I would have picked Semi at the expense of the slow and unidimensional Shehu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Otitokoro wrote:Build his confidence at the expense of others who are in a rich vein of form, on the eve of the greatest tournament of the continent?
ANC wrote:

Dude a low in confidence Kelechi is miles ahead of Moses
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Not that Kelechi will bang him goals but at least you have that option.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.

I don't understand your thought process. Nacho has had a horrible 2seasons. He had played majority of his career in the last 3yrs on bench. Apart from early stages of the world cup qualifiers, what other competitive game has hebscored.? And even in the game he scored, he was just okay.

The big tournament last year, WC, Kele played 2 games and he stunk up the bloody joint. He's not added NADA to the afcon qualifiers. He's not reckoned with in Leicester. His famed left leg has refused to function for 2yrs now.

And besides, how many misfits can we have in the team. Bench warming Balogun, China based ighalo, 3mmonth fit Mikel, Saudi based Musa. So rohr should now add totally off form,off confidence aand bench warming kelechi to the team that even has 3 more misfits in the goalkeeping dept.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Not that Kelechi will bang him goals but at least you have that option.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.

I don't understand your thought process. Nacho has had a horrible 2seasons. He had played majority of his career in the last 3yrs on bench. Apart from early stages of the world cup qualifiers, what other competitive game has hebscored.? And even in the game he scored, he was just okay.

The big tournament last year, WC, Kele played 2 games and he stunk up the bloody joint. He's not added NADA to the afcon qualifiers. He's not reckoned with in Leicester. His famed left leg has refused to function for 2yrs now.

And besides, how many misfits can we have in the team. Bench warming Balogun, China based ighalo, 3mmonth fit Mikel, Saudi based Musa. So rohr should now add totally off form,off confidence aand bench warming kelechi to the team that even has 3 more misfits in the goalkeeping dept.

Simple, he does not like Kelechi, because everything u have listed about him could be said of Ighalo and Balogun to some extent.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I wish the team well, at least I got the striker I wanted in.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Build his confidence at the expense of others who are in a rich vein of form, on the eve of the greatest tournament of the continent?
ANC wrote:

Dude a low in confidence Kelechi is miles ahead of Moses
Thank God you are not the coach. Kelechi needs to take the summer off to have quality time to reflect on his recent form and think carefully about the way forward. The guy has been on serious decline over the last 2 seasons and was very poor during the last tournament. But I would have dropped Oshimen for him due to lack of experience but not Moses Simon who offers us good width and direct football on the left which we lacked during the last world cup. Kalu is not my favourite player and yesterday's game confirmed what I think about him. Poor decision making and not a very good team player. Just compare him to the rookie Samu who makes the right runs and right passes.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

The truth is ,based on this seasons' performance, kelechi should never have been amongst the 25 players invited in the first instance!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ANC wrote:Rohr pulled a fast one, selecting moses (ahead of iheanacho) because he can play as a fullback. He does not like Iheanacho simple, lack of confidence is not a reason to drop a proven scorer.
When was the last time he was proven to have scored? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ANC wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Kai!

And Ighalo is in form, okay o
Ighalo brings a different skill set that none of the others can bring. He, more than any of our strikers can play as a lone striker. Has excellent holdup play, strong on the ball with his back on goal. And when you are carrying this amount of wingers it helps to have a striker who has decent ball control and won't give away possession cheaply.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

For Rohr to drop Nacho means either Osimhen and Onachu were superb at camp or Nacho was simply not good enough. I honestly didn't expect Nacho to be dropped. Oh well - this is a wake up call. He needs to sit up.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

It's tough for Ihenacho and definitely his free kick ability will be missed. But folks need to realize that this is what competition looks like. You can't afford to drop in your level of play and still expect to stroll into the national team.

In the end it is a blessing in disguise for Ihenacho as he gets to go back to his club early and focus on getting his career back on track. If he is any kind of competitor he'll bounce back a better player.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Moses Simon and Shehu are not good enough to play in SE, favoritism is the Nigerian way. Simon is pinnick’s boy and almost went to the WC injured. Sucks that Kele has to be cut for this fraud junk player Simon Moses.