Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Two players Rohr will drop from AFCON 2019 revealed

Post by osita »

ANC wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Build his confidence at the expense of others who are in a rich vein of form, on the eve of the greatest tournament of the continent?
That sure makes a lot is sense, doesn’t it?
ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:Kelechi must had really offended rohr with his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully, he learns from it

Perhaps, because his exclusion (but inclusion of Moses/Kalu) makes no sense. If he is lacking in confidence, help build it back up don't just discard him.

Dude a low in confidence Kelechi is miles ahead of Moses
Are you saying this based on facts or you are just not using your number 7? How does someone think that ighalo & Iheanacho is more consistent than Moses in Spain ? Moses is a quality player and this team’s bench is the best I have see in almost 10 years.

This Moses u are underestimating will make u eat a humble pie. The boy is good and Iheanacho currently has being on instegram showing off rather than facing his career.

This dropping will make him a better player in future.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Thank you Rohr.....Now Nacho should go and look in the mirror and have a serious reality check.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Limeone wrote:The truth is ,based on this seasons' performance, kelechi should never have been amongst the 25 players invited in the first instance!
God bless you.....Nigerians and sentiments
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Otitokoro wrote:For me, I would have picked Semi at the expense of the slow and unidimensional Shehu
Shehu is a fighter suitable for African football. Semi is sluggish
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

ANC wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Build his confidence at the expense of others who are in a rich vein of form, on the eve of the greatest tournament of the continent?
ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:Kelechi must had really offended rohr with his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully, he learns from it

Perhaps, because his exclusion (but inclusion of Moses/Kalu) makes no sense. If he is lacking in confidence, help build it back up don't just discard him.

Did you watch Moses at Levante this season, especially his last few games for the club? Just wondering
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ahidjo2 wrote:
ANC wrote:
ANC wrote:

Did you watch Moses at Levante this season, especially his last few games for the club? Just wondering
Abeg my broda no mind agents.....Moses was starting and playing well while Nacho was married to the bench.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Not that Kelechi will bang him goals but at least you have that option.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.

I don't understand your thought process. Nacho has had a horrible 2seasons. He had played majority of his career in the last 3yrs on bench. Apart from early stages of the world cup qualifiers, what other competitive game has hebscored.? And even in the game he scored, he was just okay.

The big tournament last year, WC, Kele played 2 games and he stunk up the bloody joint. He's not added NADA to the afcon qualifiers. He's not reckoned with in Leicester. His famed left leg has refused to function for 2yrs now.

And besides, how many misfits can we have in the team. Bench warming Balogun, China based ighalo, 3mmonth fit Mikel, Saudi based Musa. So rohr should now add totally off form,off confidence aand bench warming kelechi to the team that even has 3 more misfits in the goalkeeping dept.
Balogun a misfit? We really need to start paying attention to some aspects of the game. Let me say this, without Balogun at the heart of our defense, it will be difficult for us to make the needed progress. He is the most technical defender in the team. His tackles, aerial abilities, reading of the game..., makes him the most needed defender for Afcon. He has always been outstanding playing that defense for Nigeria and I don't understand why his club status has anything to do with his performance with the SE. He will most likely be signing for a bigger club after Afcon.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ahidjo2 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enyi wrote:From what we saw yesterday... there are too many wing forwards and not a lot of promising strikers. Form is temporary.....but class...

Kelechi has class, can’t say the same of Onuachu and Oshimen is very inexperienced. Put that in with the fact that Ighalo goes missing in big tournaments....Rohr will be digging his own grave slowly if he drops Iheanacho.

If they were banging in goals yesterday then he may justify it but the strikers were practically useless. That’s the problem with the u20, the falcons and Rohr is about to make it the problem of the SE.

Why take...Musa, Onyekuru, Samu, Kalu, Iwobi, Moses? You can only play 2 at once then the likes of Musa can play upfront, Iwobi AM.... what exactly is Moses going to do? He didn’t feature for Levante that much and he won’t bench Collins no matter the formation you play...Aina can also move across

Taking, Ighalo, Onuachu, Oshimen and Kelechi is not too much. Only Kelechi brings variety to that position if you decide to play 2 upfront. Others are more powerful strikers but can’t see a pass like Kelechi on his day....Oshimen brings youth, Ighalo experience -I guess-.

I don't understand your thought process. Nacho has had a horrible 2seasons. He had played majority of his career in the last 3yrs on bench. Apart from early stages of the world cup qualifiers, what other competitive game has hebscored.? And even in the game he scored, he was just okay.

The big tournament last year, WC, Kele played 2 games and he stunk up the bloody joint. He's not added NADA to the afcon qualifiers. He's not reckoned with in Leicester. His famed left leg has refused to function for 2yrs now.

And besides, how many misfits can we have in the team. Bench warming Balogun, China based ighalo, 3mmonth fit Mikel, Saudi based Musa. So rohr should now add totally off form,off confidence aand bench warming kelechi to the team that even has 3 more misfits in the goalkeeping dept.
Balogun a misfit? We really need to start paying attention to some aspects of the game. Let me say this, without Balogun at the heart of our defense, it will be difficult for us to make the needed progress. He is the most technical defender in the team. His tackles, aerial abilities, reading of the game..., makes him the most needed defender for Afcon. He has always been outstanding playing that defense for Nigeria and I don't understand why his club status has anything to do with his performance with the SE. He will most likely be signing for a bigger club after Afcon.

Maybe i shouldnt have used the word misfit. Prolly, not fully fit or not in optimum condition. Balogun has only played 3 games this season hence his form and fitness would be pretty low. He bossed yesterday but again, it is what it is. With exprience tho, i guess he would be able to cover for his lack of game time.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ANC wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Simple, he does not like Kelechi, because everything u have listed about him could be said of Ighalo and Balogun to some extent.

Who should Rohr drop for Kelechi

Ighalo (China) - 7 goals in 9 games (season just started) and 21goals in 28games in just concluded season
Osimhen (Belgium) - 27 games/ 19goals
Onuachu - 30games/ 19goals
Kelechi - 34 games/ 2 goals
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Maybe i shouldnt have used the word misfit. Prolly, not fully fit or not in optimum condition. Balogun has only played 3 games this season hence his form and fitness would be pretty low. He bossed yesterday but again, it is what it is. With exprience tho, i guess he would be able to cover for his lack of game time.

The point is that he has done the job when called upon for the National team despite his club situation. We're not talking about how he just had a good game yesterday. He's been good through the qualifying campaign and the friendlies. In addition, despite limited playing time he's been good when he's played for his clubside.

That being said, I understand the general point that you are making.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Simple, he does not like Kelechi, because everything u have listed about him could be said of Ighalo and Balogun to some extent.

Who should Rohr drop for Kelechi

Ighalo (China) - 7 goals in 9 games (season just started) and 21goals in 28games in just concluded season
Osimhen (Belgium) - 27 games/ 19goals
Onuachu - 30games/ 19goals
Kelechi - 34 games/ 2 goals

You are arguing with facts against sentiments. If Rohr truly disliked Kelechi, he wouldn't have been in the 25 in the first place.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:Confirmed Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi cut from the squad.
ruthless, straightforward and effective! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:Rohr pulled a fast one, selecting moses (ahead of iheanacho) because he can play as a fullback. He does not like Iheanacho simple, lack of confidence is not a reason to drop a proven scorer.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When you are done crying, tell Iheanacho to man up! Get his career back on track and fight to get back in the Super Eagles.

You think with brainless simon moses and Musa + China Ighalo, it is hard now? Look at the other players who are coming through.. If Iheanacho does not get hi act together, he will be forgotten.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Please provide evidence or examples of this unprofessional attitude, so you are not unjustly disparaging someone's character.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Kelechi: He has done the job when in the last two years? Against Zambia in Ndola, Cameroon when we were 4-0 up or against Togo, Argentina or against Senegal in 2017? What job has he done in the last two years?

If you want to be sentimental about it, please do. But this is a performance based business and requires professionals.

True, teams have played with half fit players in major tournaments:

Rumenigge vs Argentina 1986 WC Final
Baresi vs Brazil WCF

These players brought experience and leadership? What exactly Kelechi bring? A top goal scorer in a youth tournament, a has been in the premiership. A goal scoring past? We cannot deny his skill and God given attributes but no one wins tournaments with strikers who can't control a ball much less score and selfish individuals. Teams win because they play together.

Wh
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:I wish the team well, at least I got the striker I wanted in.
How much was it?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With all these tears one would think that the coach has dropped a striker who scored 30 goals last season, and not a striker who scored 2 goals. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Anyone who thinks Ighalo has not earned his spot as the starting striker on this team is either delusional or hasn't watched the SE play in the last 2 years.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When they say women have sense more than men, people think its a joke.
Response:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We need to get this babe in Cybereagles, abeg! Mods, contact her:
Response:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

nzeogwu wrote:Kelechi: He has done the job when in the last two years? Against Zambia in Ndola, Cameroon when we were 4-0 up or against Togo, Argentina or against Senegal in 2017? What job has he done in the last two years?

If you want to be sentimental about it, please do. But this is a performance based business and requires professionals.

True, teams have played with half fit players in major tournaments:

Rumenigge vs Argentina 1986 WC Final
Baresi vs Brazil WCF

These players brought experience and leadership? What exactly Kelechi bring? A top goal scorer in a youth tournament, a has been in the premiership. A goal scoring past? We cannot deny his skill and God given attributes but no one wins tournaments with strikers who can't control a ball much less score and selfish individuals. Teams win because they play together.

Wh
People are making it sound like Okocha was dropped.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You cannot use some BACKWATER league as a comparison to World class leagues because that’s totally invalid. Anyway, ROhR is the coach and I support his decisions. Kelechi is only 22 hopefully he can use this summer to prepare for the next season an improve on his weakness. I don’t think he can become such a bad player in the space of 2 years. Hopefully, he will be back
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simon Moses is a good player, disciplined and adapts very well to the defensive and offensive philosophy of the game in every tactical sense... dude is very underrated among Nigerian fans, I just hope he feeds the critics some humble pies when the AFCON starts.