Omeruo has really improved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Omeruo has really improved

Post by Tobi17 »

I definitely wouldn't call him world class, cause that will be far reaching...but his overall awareness, composure, and reading of the game has massively improved since he moved to Leganes. The La Liga has definitely added some technical finesse to his game, Balogun and Omeruo definitely make a very solid pair as they are very intelligent defenders, and judging by yesterday's friendly... I noticed they just don't punt their passes aimlessly when under pressure (something Ekong is often guilty of), but pass the ball well. I just hope Omeruo grows into a key player for us cause I see leadership qualities in him after Mikel retires.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Omeruo has really improved

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:I definitely wouldn't call him world class, cause that will be far reaching...but his overall awareness, composure, and reading of the game has massively improved since he moved to Leganes. The La Liga has definitely added some technical finesse to his game, Balogun and Omeruo definitely make a very solid pair as they are very intelligent defenders, and judging by yesterday's friendly... I noticed they just don't punt their passes aimlessly when under pressure (something Ekong is often guilty of), but pass the ball well. I just hope Omeruo grows into a key player for us cause I see leadership qualities in him after Mikel retires.
:clap: Good analysis, from the little I’ve seen theres been no disappointment I’m expecting more in the near future!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm surprised that his performance in La Liga has not led to other Spanish teams showing an interest in him.
It seems he's going to sign for Leganes.
IMO, he's good enough for teams on the levels of Valencia and Sevilla.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:I'm surprised that his performance in La Liga has not led to other Spanish teams showing an interest in him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a man who left his door ajar is shocked that theives walked in.

Remember this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295029
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

His hasn’t changed but the perception has since he moved to Spain. Those that don’t want to call him a world class player will do so if he moved to Bornemouth.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Omeruo has always been world class IMHO
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is regaining his 2013 form.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:Omeruo has always been world class IMHO
Omeruo has NEVER been world class. We haven't had a world class CB since Taribo West.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:
Omeruo has NEVER been world class. We haven't had a world class CB since Taribo West.
What does world class mean? is it playing in london live on BBC getting props from Gary lineker ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Dammy wrote:I'm surprised that his performance in La Liga has not led to other Spanish teams showing an interest in him.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
What does world class mean? is it playing in london live on BBC getting props from Gary lineker ?
Has Omeruo ever performed at the level of Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique, Bonucci, Chiellini, Thiago Silva, Godin, Vincent Kompany, Alaba, Koulibaly?

Or the level of Lahm, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho, Cannavaro, Maldini, Puyol, Cafu, Beckenbauer, Matthaus, Nesta, Baresi, Taribo, Keshi, Chukwu?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Omeruo has not even played at the level Godwin Okpara did in 2007(?) for Strasbourg? And even at that level, Okpara was NOT world class.... not to speak of getting anywhere close to Taribo West. Abegiiii!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Omeruo has not even played at the level Godwin Okpara did in 2007(?) for Strasbourg? And even at that level, Okpara was NOT world class.... not to speak of getting anywhere close to Taribo West. Abegiiii!
He isn't even a better player than Okpara was when he was playing jailhouse ball.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

omeruo was definitely better than Godwin okpara. Fact! Although, taribo was a better defender than omeruo , his performance at 2013 ANC, 2014, 2018 Wc was much better than taribo performance at Super eagles 1998 and 2002 World Cups. That embarrassment in 1998 vs Holland, Yugoslavia’s, Denmark and Sweden, Argentina 2002 is still fresh in my memory
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Again in my humble opinion Omeruo is world class.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His performance in 2013 ANC was world class and at that point, he became a victim of his nationality because he wasn’t given a real chance by any big team then dude just faded afterwards and became obsolete. This season, he had another good performance for his club but big clubs don’t like taking chances on African players
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:omeruo was definitely better than Godwin okpara. Fact!
I am most interested in factual statements--- things that are objective and can be proven, not subjectivity.

My statement is that Omeruo has never played at the level Godwin Okpara played in that 2007 season for Strasbourg when he was unbelievable! I can back this up because you can compare Omeruo's entire career to that season Okpara had in Strasbourg which led to him eventually going to PSG. I can guarantee you that no one will ever say Omeruo has reached that level.

You claim Omeruo is better than Godwin Okpara. And then you added "Fact" for good measure. I have noticed one thing over the last few years. People add "fact" at the end of their sentence as if that is supposed to actually make the statement factual. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Your statement is subjective and I am going to leave it at that. I am happy I had the opportunity to watch both players and I have my opinion as to who was better.

The statement though remains that Omeruo has never performed to the level Okpara did in 2007.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:His performance in 2013 ANC was world class and at that point, he became a victim of his nationality because he wasn’t given a real chance by any big team then dude just faded afterwards and became obsolete. This season, he had another good performance for his club but big clubs don’t like taking chances on African players
No it wasnt. I cant go and dominate a football tournament in my local inter-house sports and claim that my performances were world class. His performances were fantastic after Keshi decided to drop Yobo.

Chelsea brought him in and sent him on loan to Ado Den Haag. There, he was also fantastic. At the World cup in 2014, he was quite good, but you could tell he was very raw. Chelsea did not trust him and sent him to Middlesbrough. At Boro, if I remember correctly, he played okay, but wasn't a consistent starter for them. A world class player who could not even be consistent in division 2. Please, let us hear word! I shouldnt even be having this conversation, as it is reducing my intelligence.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bros, so you’re saying that Godwin 2007 performance for Strasbourg was better than omeruo ANC 2013 performance? I highly disagree with that
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Omeruo is a top defender. He lost his way circa 2015 but has bounced back.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

john12 wrote:Bros, so you’re saying that Godwin 2007 performance for Strasbourg was better than omeruo ANC 2013 performance? I highly disagree with that
Godwin Okpara's form for Strasbourg in 1997 was world class and better than Omeruo in ANC 2013.
Okpara was one of the very few defenders to pocket a rampaging Ronaldo (original version) that year in the UEFA cup, a performance that led to the world noticing him and securing a move to PSG.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Wetin he win in 1997? I don’t celebrate moral victory and you should know that by now. Omeruo won ANC 2013 and was our best defender in that tournament
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote:
john12 wrote:Bros, so you’re saying that Godwin 2007 performance for Strasbourg was better than omeruo ANC 2013 performance? I highly disagree with that
Godwin Okpara's form for Strasbourg in 1997 was world class and better than Omeruo in ANC 2013.
Okpara was one of the very few defenders to pocket a rampaging Ronaldo (original version) that year in the UEFA cup, a performance that led to the world noticing him and securing a move to PSG.

I feel alot of those 90s guys are overrated. I mean that SEs defence leaked goals like crazy back then.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.