We lost because

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: We lost because

Post by oscar52 »

JACKAL wrote:
Enyi wrote:What Jackal does happen...when Graham was coach at Arsenal, he used to tell the played to call the ref a cheat not all at once and not by the same person....

Just complain about every foul...

Tell the ref to call it fair....

Point to their player call him a diver or that he fouls persistently with no warning

Complain about everything even your goal kick.

One person does it, the ref can stand against them but if it is the whole team taking turns....u can’t send them all off.

It might sound naive but use race....I watch match after match, a black girl tackles a white girl iit is like murder but the other way round....it is like the black girl should get used to it. It is not inherent racism but subconscious.

Same way u cross the road if ur walking down an alley and see a black youth with hoodie on.....

That said, that’s not the reason we lost....the front line was useless and panicky. Same as the U-20
Thank You Enyi…

We need to stop being naïve. World cup after World we come here and complain about the refs... They cant all be racist or blind only to African teams!! You may all laugh at Neymar for Rolling on the floor from a light touch, but trust me...that stuff works. South Americans and Europeans look for every advantage they can get...and they study the rules of the game and use it effectively during the games. Look at all European leagues we watch every Saturday.. You see the players point out every seeming infringement during the game. Looking for Red Cards, hand balls in the box, using professional fouls to stop the flow of the game when the other team is on the ascendancy. The use the ref to help them win the game. Most of the time the Ref is an unwitting accomplice.

When are we going to grow the fuckkk up ????
KPOM! Intelligent football is needed.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:I know we have a lot to say about our loss, but for me we lost simply because we could not make our play count. Ordega for all the chances she had on the ball, I lost count how many times she took the ball to the side line and then proceed to send the ball into nowhere. If Norway had all of those chances from the wings we would have been roasted beyond the 3 goals. In fact it was from one of their crosses that we conceded the third goal an own goal. That is what a good cross does to you, a good cross can be scored by both your own striker or the opposing defender.

If I am the one handling this team, they will spend the whole of the next training session training on crosses.

What is the point running down the line like a beautiful gazelle only to kick the ball like a mile?

Then I want to know why Oshoala believes she is the superwoman who can do everything. She runs all over the place but not really threatening anyone. I like hardwork, but hardwork that does not result into anything is as good as useless.

We lost because we simply did not look like scoring at all, it got to a point the Norwegians were no longer worried when we go tldown the flank, in fact they were praying for one of our ill fated crosses.

In football both teams will have chances, no matter how poor the other team might look, we had the opportunity to create chances but we were not clever enough with the ball.

I watched this team struggle against RSA in the final of the women's nations Cup, it was the same thing I observed howbeit against a lower quality RSA.

Odega runs and runs with the ball but her delivery I am sorry to say for all the hard running is rubbish. And then Oshoala, I want to know what her role is on the field. Yes she has pace, yes she is willing to run and work hard, but that does not mean running wild and wasting all your energy chasing shadows.

Those runs should be used to devastate the opponent, something I don't see. She should be aiming to run behind the defence not this wild running around like a squirel dosed up on sugar.

Then coming to our set up in itself, we were so porous in the middle, that we limited the damage to 3 was due to the hard work of the defence. But then with 3 attackers Odega, Oshoala and Desire(what a beautiful name), it was obvious which department will suffer.

We went into this game believing we have an attack that can bite, sadly it appeared they took out the teeth before we went in. We went in believing we can take the game to Norway, sorry our delivery simply did not threaten anyone.

That said, that ojor biased ref also did a good job neutralising us. The oyinbo are good at cheating too, it is subtle the way they go about it. There is a way a ref can become the 12th player of the opposing team, it is in the calls and margins.

If we were the bigger teams they would call against us, but here we were smaller and surprisingly that hopeless inept ref looked away when we were manhandled but would get excited and blow against us when we breathe at the Norwegians.

I think this is another tournament that we won't qualify, sorry to say, we still have a long way to go, but hey I see some improvements even if they are only marginal.
I only saw a few minutes of this game because it was glaringly obvious that the team was poorly prepared!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Useless defense
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Gotti wrote:
oloye wrote:I know we have a lot to say about our loss, but for me we lost simply because we could not make our play count. Ordega for all the chances she had on the ball, I lost count how many times she took the ball to the side line and then proceed to send the ball into nowhere. If Norway had all of those chances from the wings we would have been roasted beyond the 3 goals. In fact it was from one of their crosses that we conceded the third goal an own goal. That is what a good cross does to you, a good cross can be scored by both your own striker or the opposing defender.

If I am the one handling this team, they will spend the whole of the next training session training on crosses.

What is the point running down the line like a beautiful gazelle only to kick the ball like a mile?

Then I want to know why Oshoala believes she is the superwoman who can do everything. She runs all over the place but not really threatening anyone. I like hardwork, but hardwork that does not result into anything is as good as useless.

We lost because we simply did not look like scoring at all, it got to a point the Norwegians were no longer worried when we go tldown the flank, in fact they were praying for one of our ill fated crosses.

In football both teams will have chances, no matter how poor the other team might look, we had the opportunity to create chances but we were not clever enough with the ball.

I watched this team struggle against RSA in the final of the women's nations Cup, it was the same thing I observed howbeit against a lower quality RSA.

Odega runs and runs with the ball but her delivery I am sorry to say for all the hard running is rubbish. And then Oshoala, I want to know what her role is on the field. Yes she has pace, yes she is willing to run and work hard, but that does not mean running wild and wasting all your energy chasing shadows.

Those runs should be used to devastate the opponent, something I don't see. She should be aiming to run behind the defence not this wild running around like a squirel dosed up on sugar.

Then coming to our set up in itself, we were so porous in the middle, that we limited the damage to 3 was due to the hard work of the defence. But then with 3 attackers Odega, Oshoala and Desire(what a beautiful name), it was obvious which department will suffer.

We went into this game believing we have an attack that can bite, sadly it appeared they took out the teeth before we went in. We went in believing we can take the game to Norway, sorry our delivery simply did not threaten anyone.

That said, that ojor biased ref also did a good job neutralising us. The oyinbo are good at cheating too, it is subtle the way they go about it. There is a way a ref can become the 12th player of the opposing team, it is in the calls and margins.

If we were the bigger teams they would call against us, but here we were smaller and surprisingly that hopeless inept ref looked away when we were manhandled but would get excited and blow against us when we breathe at the Norwegians.

I think this is another tournament that we won't qualify, sorry to say, we still have a long way to go, but hey I see some improvements even if they are only marginal.
I may have to watch the game again (if I can bear it)...
But I believe most of those poor crosses came from Ohale.

I actually liked Ordega's performance today. She ran at the defense constantly and repeatedly took on defenders, but unfortunately it was not so much as her end product being poor but the reality is that virtually NO (or at best just one) other player would try to get into the box when she made it to the end line. Accordingly, when she puts a ball in there are only Norwegian defenders to meet it.
Brother, while Ohale had more than her fair share of nonsense deliveries, Ordega was more frustrating because she did all the beautiful work to create the danger and then wasted her efforts with some row Z type crosses. Her final decision was poor on countless occasions.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mojojojo wrote:

We lot simply because they were the better team.

We have a couple of talented players. But it is appalling at this level simple things like passing and control will be our downfall.

The first goal cam from a silly defensive mistake. The norwegians were about to take a corner and stationed two players at the corner post. Our players decided to send only one defender. Everyone knows that another defender is suppose to join up in these kind of situation so that you do not have a 2 vs 1 situation.

I think the norwegians are competent footballers, they do the simple things really well. Passing, control, off the ball movements, tackles etc.

I also noticed they attack enmasse. They build up play pretty quickly and the midfielders and full backs over lap and join the attack giving them the numbers in attack. This is modern football, being able to switch enmasse from attack to defence swiftly.

Our team was more regimented with all our players sticking to their roles. Ordega did well but our wingers were always quick to release the ball early with a cross. The problem is the striker is being marked by 3+ defenders and cannot get to the cross. In these situations players need to be patient and allow the midfielders to overlap. There needs to be some form of trickery and ingenuity in order to get a goal.

Overall I do not think we stand a chance in this tournament. There seems to be a fundamental problem of quality that needs to be addressed. Players cannot be misplacing passes in the midfield that result in goals. We need to build players that are proficient with basic football skills and knowledgeable with modern football tactics.

It has not been a good year for Nigerian football so far with the mess that was the u20 team.
FOLKS, THIS BEYOND REFEREEING; LET'S CHECK THE NIGERIAN PSYCHE

We see this tendency to scandalously concede goals in bunches to flatter the opponents in both the men and women game at all levels. I'd not be saying much if this match had ended 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 in favor of the Norwegians. So an introspection is needed with players relating their experience and their psychological state.

Then I'd run a parallel program to get a lot of practices and high-level friendlies for the current team to work on their deficiencies and psyche. On the other track, I'd assemble a new team made up primarily of homebased girls who can demonstrate they are 16 years or younger. This group would then be trained on fundamentals and mental toughness until they are ready to replace the current squad. After so many appearances in the WC, it's not enough to qualify and get knocked of disgracefully. Enough progress hasn't been made and I blame the usual suspects: the NFF. The top countries of the world have very sophisticated training regimen.

In this match, I also noticed that the Norwegians seemed to have a lot of people in their attack. Compare that to the Nigerians where the forwards fly off with the ball only to find that their supply line is way behind. So finding nobody to combine with, they send the ball into the penalty box where the Norwegians retrieve it and begin a new attack, I was trying to see if the Nigerian side moved as body when on the attack to present close passing options to the attacking forwards.

But then maybe the Norwegians are just better: sometimes a good team makes you forget your fundamentals.
Bell
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

oloye wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: