SE CAMP: How the 23 was announced.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE CAMP: Rohr Explains why he dropped Semi & Kelechi....

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:At lest now no one can now blame Kelechi...... I am waiting to see how many goals Misses Ighalo will score in this tournament (how quickly my people have forgotten the Argentina game and the glaring misses). I predict Rohr will be departing after the ANC
Kelechi has done absolutely nothing of note over the past few years except for a steady downward regression in his career. He should be ashamed of the fact that he can't unseat a geriatric striker. He needs to return to his club, put his head down and work on convincing Brendan Rodgers to give him chances to start games. Right now, his career seems to be going nowhere fast and it's got nothing to do with Ighalo/Rohr and everything to do with Iheanacho.
My thing is Rohr said he took his decision from watching Kele at his club, so why invite in the first place if your mind is made up. Maybe he was forced to invite him, who knows. Anyways, the boy needs to really put his head down and work hard, not be afraid to change clubs and try to get playing time.
He's too high profile a SE player not to be invited unless he's injured. Had to be invited to reduce the media inquiries by at least 50%.
Nah bro! Thats not even close to it. Kele has been with ROhr's team for years. God forbid if there was any injury to the strikers, Kele is the first replacement. That is why he was invited. To be close to the team, just in case anything happens.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote:My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.
What if the team impresses? Are you willing to go?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

danfo driver wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

seconded
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Kelechi lost his spot during the last round of qualifiers. He was not invited.

Rohr invited him now to give him an opportunity to earn his spot back. In order for that to happen, the players he lost his spot to, had to perform poorly in training and Kele perform perfectly.

It looks like that didn't happen.

Earning a spot back into a team is NOT easy once you lose it.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

No sooner I thought I'd won my battles with Naija journos using word like "sweat merchants", I have to fight another with their incessant use of "Dazzles" :shock: For f3kkkk sake, what are they describing, soap powder? :curse:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ this guy is so dry..he forces it too much , trying so hard to sound funny.. a typical example of a clueless try hard...my goodness i have never once in my life seen a look at me now, i am trying to be funny etc... dude it isn't your-style, you are boring.... you need real help upstairs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:^ this guy is so dry..he forces it too much , trying so hard to sound funny.. a typical example of a clueless try hard...my goodness i have never once in my life seen a look at me now, i am trying to be funny etc... dude it isn't your-style, you are boring.... you need real help upstairs
Hello knobber, Your mouth is free for a few minutes so you come up for air to talk? Abeg resume ya position and keep your lips busy between Mikel's legs.Knobber :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:^ this guy is so dry..he forces it too much , trying so hard to sound funny.. a typical example of a clueless try hard...my goodness i have never once in my life seen a look at me now, i am trying to be funny etc... dude it isn't your-style, you are boring.... you need real help upstairs
Hello knobber, Your mouth is free for a few minutes so you come up for air to talk? Abeg resume ya position and keep your lips busy between Mikel's legs.Knobber :taunt:
the sad part is you add a smilies in your post. I feel so sorry for you...This same try hard went to church in ghana yesterday , nah the same mouth you use praise whatever you claim to worship..smh do not blame me say after your shewen put her foot down for you to migrate to ghana( what sort of weak man lets the woman control them or lets her be responsible for rent) only a SIMP. It's sad the kind of weak losers being produced as well as being sissified..kai what a weak man you are . What i posted is the truth and this is well known on this forum as well as offline :boo: :boo: :boo: Take control of the household ...be responsible haba
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
the sad part is you add a smilies in your post. I feel so sorry for you...This same try hard went to church in ghana yesterday , nah the same mouth you use praise whatever you claim to worship..smh do not blame me say after your shewen put her foot down for you to migrate to ghana( what sort of weak man lets the woman control them or lets her be responsible for rent) only a SIMP. It's sad the kind of weak losers being produced as well as being sissified..kai what a weak man you are . What i posted is the truth and this is well known on this forum as well as offline :boo: :boo: :boo: Take control of the household ...be responsible haba
Knobber, Mikel must be busy training, u lonely? Go find something to do, knobber
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:At lest now no one can now blame Kelechi...... I am waiting to see how many goals Misses Ighalo will score in this tournament (how quickly my people have forgotten the Argentina game and the glaring misses). I predict Rohr will be departing after the ANC
Kelechi has done absolutely nothing of note over the past few years except for a steady downward regression in his career. He should be ashamed of the fact that he can't unseat a geriatric striker. He needs to return to his club, put his head down and work on convincing Brendan Rodgers to give him chances to start games. Right now, his career seems to be going nowhere fast and it's got nothing to do with Ighalo/Rohr and everything to do with Iheanacho.
My thing is Rohr said he took his decision from watching Kele at his club, so why invite in the first place if your mind is made up. Maybe he was forced to invite him, who knows. Anyways, the boy needs to really put his head down and work hard, not be afraid to change clubs and try to get playing time.
Perhaps to take one last look and assure him that he remains part of the team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Perhaps to take one last look and assure him that he remains part of the team.
I remember when kele used to bang the goals in. He scored crucial goals for us during the WC qualifiers. You're almost guaranteed a goal from him once he's on the pitch. I'm not happy about his exclusion but it's understandable given his current form. The manager knows best.
Kele needs to sort himself out
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Don't read to much into it. I'm guessing he meant the decision to drop Kelechi was based largely on his season long (non)performance but only made after this camping session. So in essence, Kelechi was invited to play his way back into the team.

Suffice to say he wasn't able to. Also, just because you have an idea who your final selections are doesn't mean you shouldn't invite additional players to train and see if they can dislodge others especially since you still had time to tinker with the final list. It's due diligence.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Flex Swift wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
HOw quickly you've forgotten that Ighalo he was highest goalscorer in Africa for the Afcon qualifiers.

Nacho has been in the National team since 2016 and scored 7 goals.

In the Afcon qualifiers alone, Ighalo has 7 goals.

During the build up to the last World Cup Ighalo managed to the score the grand total of 0 goals during the friendliest. Against The mighty Zimbabwe on Saturday he once again failed to score so he is on course to produce the same form he displayed during the World Cup !!!
Ighalo isn't my cup of tea but I understand his inclusion. It's not just about the goal scoring. He's a better targetman than anyone we have, even if he's not very prolific. He and Kelechi aren't competing for the same position, it's more him and Paul Onanuchi.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
HOw quickly you've forgotten that Ighalo he was highest goalscorer in Africa for the Afcon qualifiers.

During the build up to the last World Cup Ighalo managed to the score the grand total of 0 goals during the friendliest. Against The mighty Zimbabwe on Saturday he once again failed to score so he is on course to produce the same form he displayed during the World Cup !!!
Ighalo isn't my cup of tea but I understand his inclusion. It's not just about the goal scoring. He's a better targetman than anyone we have, even if he's not very prolific. He and Kelechi aren't competing for the same position, it's more him and Paul Onanuchi.
Sometimes I don't get our people. So is he saying Ighalo should have been dropped for Nacho?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Flex Swift wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

So Kelechi that scored during the buildup in a worthless friendly, how many did he score in the WC itself? Jesox!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We are talking about Gernot Rohr here
GERNOT ROHR. One of the most conservative (opposed to change) and loyal coaches we have ever had. This guy took a wastepipe Echijele on holiday to Russia all in the name of loyalty, continuity, and rigidness.

For him to have dropped Nacho (a guy who has scored a few times under Rohr) he must have really, I mean REALLY stunk up the joint.

Either that or Onuachu and Oshimen are really really GOOD.

Maybe a combo of both.

This type of action is just not in Rohrs personality. For it to have happened, THERE MUST BE A SERIOUS REASON.

I am happy with the decision. Dude was even lucky to be called to camp.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Seems some people are really, really struggling to give credit to Rohr where due.
He has made his decision. The squad satisfies the majority of fans. People even polled to say Kelechi was the one most likely to be dropped.
Still, people are looking for reasons to fault the man.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I am still scratching my head as to which forward people think Rohr should have dropped for Kele. Rohr gave him major respect by inviting him to camp as one of his established players. His form for both club and country has been horrible. Let’s hope he does better. The fact we are having this discussing given where Kele was 3 years ago in world football says it all. He has regressed terribly
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.