No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Post by john12 »

Rohr inherited a team that was ranked 60th and had missed 2 back to back ANC prior to his appointment. He qualified us for the World Cup in a group of death and also performed Ok at that World Cup. Not good or bad) afterwards, he has qualified us again for our 1st ANC in 6 years. The man has improved SE with the talents available and his team is a combination of youth, experience, hard work and knowledge. There are no more unnecessary beefs, disharmony and arguments in camps and selections are now based on merits. For this reason, he should continue after ANC irrespective of the results. We must follow “Due process” in this country and in order to achieve anything meaningful, you must be prepared to wait.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Post by maceo4 »

Of course! LOL But what meaningful thing are you talking about achieving if Rohr himself never has a set goal or expectation? You have to at least set a goal, and if the team doesn't achieve it then the NFF can look at the circumstances that led us to not achieving it, and if it wasn't on the coach then he can continue, but to say we shouldn't have any expectation from the team, that is just ludicrous!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

If we have a poor ANC he has to go
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

maceo4 wrote:Of course! LOL But what meaningful thing are you talking about achieving if Rohr himself never has a set goal or expectation? You have to at least set a goal, and if the team doesn't achieve it then the NFF can look at the circumstances that led us to not achieving it, and if it wasn't on the coach then he can continue, but to say we shouldn't have any expectation from the team, that is just ludicrous!
Couldn't have put it any better. :clap:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:Of course! LOL But what meaningful thing are you talking about achieving if Rohr himself never has a set goal or expectation? You have to at least set a goal, and if the team doesn't achieve it then the NFF can look at the circumstances that led us to not achieving it, and if it wasn't on the coach then he can continue, but to say we shouldn't have any expectation from the team, that is just ludicrous!
Just because you don’t know his goal doesn’t mean he has no goals. He’s not a blabber mouth that talks about trouncing teams and winning trophies even before tournaments start.The man has done the best and most harmonious development job in Nigerian football history. He’s now bringing in younger players and letting go of old players. It’s only Nigerians that task coaches with winning competitions they Haven’t qualified for in 6yrs.

Leave Rohr alone. His contract should be renewed until the next wc period! Let the rest of us focus on how we bring clean water, toilets and security into our cities. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You are on your own there.

Even if he wins Afcon, Nigeria should look for another coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ONO

:roll:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

john12 wrote:Rohr inherited a team that was ranked 60th and had missed 2 back to back ANC prior to his appointment. He qualified us for the World Cup in a group of death and also performed Ok at that World Cup. Not good or bad) afterwards, he has qualified us again for our 1st ANC in 6 years. The man has improved SE with the talents available and his team is a combination of youth, experience, hard work and knowledge. There are no more unnecessary beefs, disharmony and arguments in camps and selections are now based on merits. For this reason, he should continue after ANC irrespective of the results. We must follow “Due process” in this country and in order to achieve anything meaningful, you must be prepared to wait.
I HATE TO BE BLUNT, BUT...

...I don't think you're presenting the working environment accurately. I don't think Rohr has accomplished anything beyond what indigenes had. If coaches are rewarded for performances, Amodu and Keshi would never have been treated with the contempt they received despite heroic accomplishments despite poor working conditions. After Keshi and the SE returned from Brazil, you'd recall the NFF got into a protracted war over the chairmanship, completely disregarding the need to prep for the ANC. Any surprise that they didn't qualify?

On the other hand, Nigeria has a history of rewarding foreign coaches even after they stink it up. Do you recall how the NFF sent a strong delegation to beg Lagerback to continue as coach despite the worst performance in Nigeria's WC experiences in WC2010? Their poorly disguised rationale was that continuity was needed. Is it possible that you're subconsciously being similarly motivated?

It's fair to say the SE has achieved tranquility under Rohr but don't underestimate Pinnick's role in that.
Bell
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

aruako1 wrote:If we have a poor ANC he has to go
Kpom nobody sent him to select a goalkeeper that can’t save shots taken from the half way line and nobody sent him to select a non scoring striker based in China’s second division.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He has done exceptionally well, but if he doesnt win the tournament he should leave on his own and let us hire a winner. Some coaches are excellent at building a championship caliber team but are not championship winners themselves Just like Mark Jackson built the first Golden state warriors championship team but could not get out of the first round of the playoff only for Steve Kerr to come in and win a championship with the exact team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:Rohr inherited a team that was ranked 60th and had missed 2 back to back ANC prior to his appointment. He qualified us for the World Cup in a group of death and also performed Ok at that World Cup. Not good or bad) afterwards, he has qualified us again for our 1st ANC in 6 years. The man has improved SE with the talents available and his team is a combination of youth, experience, hard work and knowledge. There are no more unnecessary beefs, disharmony and arguments in camps and selections are now based on merits. For this reason, he should continue after ANC irrespective of the results. We must follow “Due process” in this country and in order to achieve anything meaningful, you must be prepared to wait.
I agree but you are talking to Nigerians, remember that Nigerians will insult their own players for not playing for Chelsea or Man City but in the same breath expect them to win the World Cup,most Nigerians didn’t even know how good Croatia was until they basically showed no fear in beating teams that most teams wouldn’t stand a chance against!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

he has had the team for 3yrs. He has had enough time to build, now we need results.

If he cant get to the semi of the AFCON, he should please go. the end game of football is RESULTS!!!!

Nigerians just do things based on sentiments rather than sense, facts and goals. that is why the country is about to be in serious chaos that the world has not yet witnessed.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

What if we get bounced out in the first round. Then what?

I am pleased with the job that Rohr has done so far, but to suggest that he should return regardless of results is ludicrous. Every team and coach at the Nations Cup will be evaluated based on their tournament performance and the same goes for us.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Like I said, no matter the results he must continue. I evaluated the entire situation before creating this thread and I feel it’s logical. This is a team that has failed to QUALIFY for the last 2 ANC and inaija you’re mandating him to WIN anc or termination LOL. We must learn to follow “Due process” in this country. We must learn to be humble and cut that entitlement out of our system
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:laugh: rohr will not advance ....he is out the door right after Afcon...this is coming from the powers that be....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote::laugh: rohr will not advance ....he is out the door right after Afcon...this is coming from the powers that be....

Why because he didn't select Kelechi as the "powers that be" wanted him to?

Anyway, Nigeria needs more than he has been able to offer. Always looking to Europe (for players) is not the solution to Nigeria footballing woes
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

john12 wrote:Like I said, no matter the results he must continue. I evaluated the entire situation before creating this thread and I feel it’s logical. This is a team that has failed to QUALIFY for the last 2 ANC and inaija you’re mandating him to WIN anc or termination LOL. We must learn to follow “Due process” in this country. We must learn to be humble and cut that entitlement out of our system

Rohr has done a terrific job so far but every coach is evaluated by the performance of his team. Now does Nigeria have to win the Nations Cup for Rohr to be retained?

No. That would be pure foolishness. But it is also pure foolishness to say that he be retained no matter what.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

AGENT John
john12 wrote:Like I said, no matter the results he must continue. I evaluated the entire situation before creating this thread and I feel it’s logical. This is a team that has failed to QUALIFY for the last 2 ANC and inaija you’re mandating him to WIN anc or termination LOL. We must learn to follow “Due process” in this country. We must learn to be humble and cut that entitlement out of our system
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
aruako1 wrote:If we have a poor ANC he has to go
Kpom nobody sent him to select a goalkeeper that can’t save shots taken from the half way line and nobody sent him to select a non scoring striker based in China’s second division.
So tell us which top Nigerian goalkeeper and which top scoring Naija striker you sent him to select nah.
Note: David de Gea and Sergio Aguero unfortunately don't count! :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote::laugh: rohr will not advance ....he is out the door right after Afcon...this is coming from the powers that be....

Why because he didn't select Kelechi as the "powers that be" wanted him to?

Anyway, Nigeria needs more than he has been able to offer. Always looking to Europe (for players) is not the solution to Nigeria footballing woes

What then is the solution? Picking NPFL players? I hope that's not what you're suggesting. Otherwise it will be a return to the days of being the 14th ranked team in Africa or even worse.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but player selection under Rohr has been spot on.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I am not a fan of foreign coaches in general but he has done a good job. But after the WC debacle if he does not qualify from the group then he gats to go.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Anything short or a 3rd place finish he has to go! The goal is to win! I don’t think most of you got hired at your job and given Mediocre expectations.
Peter Obi For President 2023
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.