Nigeria v Norway Game thread 0-3 ref dey kill us

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria v Norway Game thread 0-3 ref dey kill us

Post by Otitokoro »

The issue is the same as with the U20 team - football intelligence
bushboy wrote:Its about time the NFF appoint a credible coach for the falcons. Not a second rate journey man. My first choice would be Siasia.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Cellular wrote:
bushboy wrote:Its about time the NFF appoint a credible coach for the falcons. Not a second rate journey man. My first choice would be Siasia.
You prepare for exams by studying year round... not cramming a night before an exam and expect to do well.

This is what we always fail to grasp. It's all fine and well that the NFF have given the team great support in recent months, but the teams that we are competing against have been preparing for 4 years not 4 or 5 months.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:
Cellular wrote:
You prepare for exams by studying year round... not cramming a night before an exam and expect to do well.

This is what we always fail to grasp. It's all fine and well that the NFF have given the team great support in recent months, but the teams that we are competing against have been preparing for 4 years not 4 or 5 months.
The problem is more than the coach.

The NFF should also develop the women league and organize more grade A International friendlies not club sides.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mystic wrote:
Cellular wrote:

It's not preparation. No amount of preparation can make average players better. African players are average footballers. They may have flash of brilliance here and there, but overall we are not able to develope like others. Even South Africans that played much better crumbled at the end. We dont have killer mentality when it comes to sports. Almost makes me want to believe that line in the move Django where candy described the 3 dimples in a black man's skull. Granted, that's a movie, but it sound plausible.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
KPOM. Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Shey u know that this second rate journey man coached Sweden in the 2007 & 2011 World Cups. He finished 3rd in 2011. Not bad for a journey man.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote:
Shey u know that this second rate journey man coached Sweden in the 2007 & 2011 World Cups. He finished 3rd in 2011. Not bad for a journey man.
I don't think he was the head coach.

I don't get all this FC vs LC debate.

There are a lot of capable Nigerians that can coach. But yet some people can't imagine a situation where a local coach can successfully coach a Nigerian team. They would rather have a foreigner that is not qualified, journey man coach.

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Norway Game thread

Post by Man Ataye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:That useless fox loser keeps calling the Falcons the super eagles..hopefully the bobo gets diarrhea

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

1. You cannot change things for the better by being patriotic; call a spade a spade. If you think players are not good say so & detail out the issues; if players don't like it, then they should not be national team players. A player is more likely to seek to make needed improvements by admitting the deficiencies. Carrying bad players forward as bad players & remaining bad players is sweeping things under the rug.

2. Someone correct me here. I think when Falcons had no coach Amunike was available. Understanding most of where to get better players and how to get them is what he had done with male players (teens/youth/young adults) and more likely to translate same to female players; if not made the coach to accomplish that, at least as an assistant would have done a lot of good to the Falcons. Opportunity missed due to bad echelon of football management.

3. A foreign coach that achieves something with good or very good players is likely not to do same with bad players; one that achieves more or a lot more with less or far less is likely to do a better job.

4. One person should not manipulate the hiring of a national team coach. Someone that does not understand good & effective football should not be making such a decision, and Pinnick falls in this category.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

There are a lot of capable Nigerians that can coach. But yet some people can't imagine a situation where a local coach can successfully coach a Nigerian team. They would rather have a foreigner that is not qualified, journey man coach.
Ohehen, google is your friend or better still go search on FIFA.com. Dennerby was the HEAD COACH of Sweden WNT for those 2 competitions.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Ohehen, google is your friend or better still go search on FIFA.com. Dennerby was the HEAD COACH of Sweden WNT for those 2 competitions.

Well his contract ends in January. We need a new coach and a plan to keep the team busy with grade A international freindlies. Also need to get younger. It is the era of the Ajibades and Okekes. Time for Oparsnozie and co to retire.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

We don’t seem to have an out reach program to bring in fresh talents to the team. I’m really impressed with what Jamaica has done in terms recruiting players. Almost 85% of the team play college soccer in the US. They even have a Nigerian teenager, Sade Adamolekun on their team. Btw, she’s a fantastic player.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Thunder wrote:We don’t seem to have an out reach program to bring in fresh talents to the team. I’m really impressed with what Jamaica has done in terms recruiting players. Almost 85% of the team play college soccer in the US. They even have a Nigerian teenager, Sade Adamolekun on their team. Btw, she’s a fantastic player.
But Jamaica lost 3-0 as well or am I missing something here... :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Robbynice wrote:
Thunder wrote:We don’t seem to have an out reach program to bring in fresh talents to the team. I’m really impressed with what Jamaica has done in terms recruiting players. Almost 85% of the team play college soccer in the US. They even have a Nigerian teenager, Sade Adamolekun on their team. Btw, she’s a fantastic player.
But Jamaica lost 3-0 as well or am I missing something here... :???:
Yes! You’re missing the fact that, despite their loss, their game has improved, and they’re well coordinated. Even South Africa was quite impressive in their loss. Our women soccer appears stalled.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Adisboy wrote:
So his record from 8 years ago is what we're hanging our hat on? Pray tell, why dis Sweden let him go? What has he done or achieved in the 8 years since other that getting fired from low tier jobs?
If this is not the definition of "journey man" coach, I don't know what is.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
Only poor students do such shait ....and they still get Cs.

Kudos to flossers who just show up in the exam hall and still face it. :thumbs: :thumbs:
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The experience of Lars Lagerback never do Naija they hire another Swedish coach. Same way Berti Vogt never do they hire Rohr. Anyway lack continuity makes some mistakes repeated over and over. The money used to hire this foreign coaches might be better spent sending local coaches abroad for training, But then again the biggest knock on local coaches is that some will collect side egunje to field players even when you pay some of them international level salary.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The loss, wasn't the coaches fault. We needed more time. I actually think, our team was set up the best way. Unfortunately, individual errors cost us.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No amount of coaching will turn these players into world beaters. They are not good. None of the female teams we've had has been good enough to beat any credible team. This same team lumbered up and down the field to win the AWCON that have even worse teams, and we think its coaching? We shiuld be content with being the queens of Africa instead of thinking we can compete in the WC.

Ofcourse I'll take everything above back if we win the next game.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:No amount of coaching will turn these players into world beaters. They are not good. None of the female teams we've had has been good enough to beat any credible team. This same team lumbered up and down the field to win the AWCON that have even worse teams, and we think its coaching? We shiuld be content with being the queens of Africa instead of thinking we can compete in the WC.

Ofcourse I'll take everything above back if we win the next game.
Agent John, is that you?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

They have always had issues with defense even from the days of marvelous Mercy Akide and Patience Avre but the weird thing is the lack of offense these days. When the defense is still bad and now the offense is bad too then it will be a rather frustration endeavor for the players and maybe even the fans.

][/video][/video]
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Why do people keep perpetrating this myth?
We've FOURTEEN new players from the last WWC just 4 years ago (at least 6 from the U17/U20 squads).
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote:
Why do people keep perpetrating this myth?
We've FOURTEEN new players from the last WWC just 4 years ago (at least 6 from the U17/U20 squads).
>
Honestly I don't get it myself. Some even went as far as saying that we present madam and all they eat is pounded yam and what not. Anybody who watched the first game and thinks age or fitness is the issue does not know the game, sorry to say. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger