THE THREE AFRICAN NATIONAL TEAMS:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
THE THREE AFRICAN NATIONAL TEAMS:

Post by Igugu »

I have watched the three Women African National Teams in the current World Cup. I kept asking myself: how did Nigeria become the African Champions? Cameroonian and S. African women teams showed more substance of championship materials than Nigeria. They were more purposeful, they had better ball control than Nigerians, they were faster and more co-ordinated. The defended better and make incursions into opponents half more often and showed ability to score from their runs.

All we did was load up our teams with madams and fat women that can't run hoping to win?
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: THE THREE AFRICAN NATIONAL TEAMS:

Post by Polly »

The truth is that the female game in Africa is in terrible shape. Not only have African teams caught up with Nigeria, we have regressed something awful. I feel a sense of guilt watching these matches.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Igugu wrote:I have watched the three Women African National Teams in the current World Cup. I kept asking myself: how did Nigeria become the African Champions? Cameroonian and S. African women teams showed more substance of championship materials than Nigeria. They were more purposeful, they had better ball control than Nigerians, they were faster and more co-ordinated. The defended better and make incursions into opponents half more often and showed ability to score from their runs.

All we did was load up our teams with madams and fat women that can't run hoping to win?
Im pretty sure you watched a different game or you live in Colorado.
the south African team was ok but no where near the super falcons performance. As for the Cameroonian team for the entire game they did put together one single run with coordinated passes from beginning to finish; not one!!!!!
go back and watch again if you noticed a single run where they maintained possession beyond 3 players please call me out and post the clip here.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Igugu wrote:I have watched the three Women African National Teams in the current World Cup. I kept asking myself: how did Nigeria become the African Champions? Cameroonian and S. African women teams showed more substance of championship materials than Nigeria. They were more purposeful, they had better ball control than Nigerians, they were faster and more co-ordinated. The defended better and make incursions into opponents half more often and showed ability to score from their runs.

the south African team was ok but no where near the super falcons performance. As for the Cameroonian team for the entire game they did put together one single run with coordinated passes from beginning to finish; not one!!!!!
go back and watch again if you noticed a single run where they maintained possession beyond 3 players please call me out and post the clip here.
Di kine critical eye him dey take watch Falcons different from the one him dey use watch Cameroun and S Africa.
Same reason you can NEVER judge a Nigerian team's performance based on live CE commentary.

PS: Please can someone kindly fill me in on this 'Colorado' joke, abeg.
I've obviously missed something and I've been seeing it here a lot recently.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Di kine critical eye him dey take watch Falcons different from the one him dey use watch Cameroun and S Africa.
Same reason you can NEVER judge a Nigerian team's performance based on live CE commentary.

Marijuana is legal in Colorado?
I no be gentleman at all o
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

adeaderije wrote:
Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

adeaderije wrote:
Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Its also high altitude so there is light headedness/dizziness visitors often complain of because the air/oxygen is thin

So weed + lack of oxygen is the joke ..
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

They should stop eating pounded yam.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Nuff said. Kpom
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

SAW THE SECOND GOAL CONCEDED BY CAM TO NEDERLAND?

It was a freekick to the Dutch on the rt side between the penalty box and the touchline. Two Dutch women stood by the ball and two Cam women formed a wall. One of the two Dutch women then took of running towards the goal line past the Cameroonian wall. I saw it but not any of the Cameroonian women forming the wall or any other peeled off to cover her, (Just like the Nigerian defender ignored the Norwegian lady before it was too late to concede goal #2.)

The Dutch plan may not have been to pass to that lady but seeing her that wide open the ball went to her. She threaded it into the Cameroon box where it surprised a Cameroon defender and her awkward attempt at clearance sent the ball back towards her keeper. A lurking Dutch in the box intercepted it (said, "thank you, ma'am") and tapped it in, 2 - 1.

That no one covered the Dutch lady is difficult to explain. It was too plain to see. In the Nig - SK match thread I stated that one of the traits of a good defender is to be situationally aware and alert, to understand and quickly react to changes taking place. Cameroon, I'm sorry to say, failed woefully here.
Bell
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It’s all subjective but we are doing better in an arguably stronger group than the other two teams :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I too missed the Colorado joke for the simple reason that there are more than a handful of states now with legal recreational marijuana :!:

Cheers.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

It’s all subjective but we are doing better in an arguably stronger group than the other two teams :!:

Cheers.
Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger