Omeruo has really improved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Omeruo has really improved

Post by aruako1 »

Cellular wrote:
kali wrote:Omeruo is not a world class defender. The goal messi scored against him at the World Cup was testament to what I see as his poor positional awareness which messi made a meal of.
Haba! That Messi goal was a Messique type goal. He made two moves in one fluid motion. The only way Omeruo could have defended that was if he was 6 inches taller.
I was behind the goal that day oh. Nothing Omeruo could have done.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
kali wrote:Omeruo is not a world class defender. The goal messi scored against him at the World Cup was testament to what I see as his poor positional awareness which messi made a meal of.
Haba! That Messi goal was a Messique type goal. He made two moves in one fluid motion. The only way Omeruo could have defended that was if he was 6 inches taller.
He actually didn’t do much wrong. Sure, he tried to hold offside for half a second but he recovered well and sent Messi out wide and to his weaker right foot. It’s just the Messi is a winch.

-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
He actually didn’t do much wrong. Sure, he tried to hold offside for half a second but he recovered well and sent Messi out wide and to his weaker right foot. It’s just the Messi is a winch.

That, and our keeper was useless...it was Messi's weaker foot and it wasn't that tough a shot to get a hand on...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

waka-man wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That goal was the keeper's fault, a good keeper would have caught or punched that ball out. Any slight wrong move by Omeruo would have attracted a penalty and you guys will still blame him. He did enough already on that clip to have made it impossible for Messi to take a powerfull shot but our keeper was horrible.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Wow. Imagine for one second Uzoho had saved that spectacular shot.
Imagine what it would have done for his confidence and reputation. :dream:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
waka-man wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Wow. Imagine for one second Uzoho had saved that spectacular shot.
Imagine what it would have done for his confidence and reputation. :dream:
It wasn’t a spectacular shot, it was spectacular/unbelievable ball control, but the shot was actually quite saveable...ohh well. Expect more of these at the ANC...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

chief nfachairman wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:I hope Omuero lives up to his potential to be world class.

He is still young for a defender but he must show consistency and drive to get to the top.

That is his call to make.
He's turning 26 in four months, he isn't that young anymore.
Nigeria's 26 o
NFA even if he is 28 years old in actual years, he still has a potential shelf life of another 5 to 10 years. Nor be so?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051