What Now For Nacho?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What Now For Nacho?

Post by Dammy »

ANC wrote:
Dammy wrote:The emergence of strikers like Osimhen, Onuachu, Okereke, Onyekuru and even Awoniyi means he has a hard job getting his place back in the SE.
All these strikers are expected to move to major leagues this summer and if they click for their clubs, it could signal the end of Nacho's time in the SE.
:biggrin: How many of those can place a free-kick as beautifully as Nacho? :biggrin:

I hope Awoniyi comes through
It's going to be a big season for Awoniyi as Schalke and Lazio want to sign him in the summer.
I am happy
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

oloye wrote:It is not the responsibility of NFF to help him regain his form, that is between him and his club. He has a good contract and a good club, it is up to him to buckle down and work his arse off.

That he was invited to camp was NFF trying to help him, but obviously his form must have been so bad even Rohr with his penchant for staying loyal to the old guard could not do anything but drop him. It is moments like this you appreciate the foreign coach, they will call it like it is.
Good point. Considering he had already dropped down the pecking order before the 2018 WC and we have new options available now doing well at their clubs - Osimhen, Onuachu, Onyekuru etc, the invitation was based on past form and a gesture to encourage him to keep working hard.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Iheanacho has the class to play in any league he wants....

People are throwing names about including Awoniyi....that guy has played for every awful team in Belgium still nothing......If he has half the talent Iheanacho has he will be on the bench(at least) at Liverpool.

Make no mistake, Iheanacho lose of form does not mean that the talent is not there....just needs a kick in the backside...hopefully for him this is it.

Time to let go of all the hangers on that follow him around and concentrate on his job. Onuachu is not convincing, Onyekuru not a striker....Okereke may make it....( hopefully he gets to move to Southampton, they have a great coach)

Like I said, this is SE’s lose not Kelechi’s.......I bet you two games into the AFCON, once Ighalo becomes the Non-scoring Striker and Onuachu and Oshimen don’t deliver....ppl here will start asking about him again.

I do pray and hope that Oshimen make it though....I believe him and Samu are the future. A front three of:-

Onyekuru Oshimen Samu with Iwobi behind them is mouth watering....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohenhen1 wrote:He should hand in a transfer request. Keep your head up, work hard. Things will work out.
Transfer request and go where? He has gone down from City to Leicester. Now you want him to go further down. At what point does he look himself in the mirror and ask the tough questions? Quitting and running is not the solution to success.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sadly I see similar signs of Isaac Success, a player with the potential to play at a much higher level than he has shown thus far, brilliant one day, tripping over his stepovers the next! Too content with where he's at and not showing enough desire to propel himself beyond the here and now...I see similar signs of Kelechi Iheanacho, still struggling with his first touch, going into his second year in the first team squad at City.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2016 ... l-you.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Sadly I see similar signs of Isaac Success, a player with the potential to play at a much higher level than he has shown thus far, brilliant one day, tripping over his stepovers the next! Too content with where he's at and not showing enough desire to propel himself beyond the here and now...I see similar signs of Kelechi Iheanacho, still struggling with his first touch, going into his second year in the first team squad at City.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2016 ... l-you.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: peddler!

No one should click on that parasite link!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He should hand in a transfer request. Keep your head up, work hard. Things will work out.
Transfer request and go where? He has gone down from City to Leicester. Now you want him to go further down. At what point does he look himself in the mirror and ask the tough questions? Quitting and running is not the solution to success.
The thing is we are not hearing from Leicester coach that he has a bad attitude or poor showing in training, however he is not giving him ample playing time to regain his confidence. I hope Rogers sticks to what he said in this interview, keeps Kele in his plans and gives him more PT, if not then I'd suggest looking for a move somewhere else, he can't afford another poor season, because the gaffer is saying one thing, but doing another as Rogers didn't start him not once since he took over.

https://www.goal.com/g00/en-us/news/bre ... &i10c.dv=1
Rodgers has, however, mapped out plans to help Iheanacho improve on his performances next season.

“Yes he is [part of my plans] ” Rodgers told Leicester Mercury.

“He’s just had his first season adapting to a new club. Then when you’re playing or challenging one of the best strikers in the league, it’s difficult.

“Kel will come back into pre-season, have a really good pre-season, gain more confidence, work hard and hopefully come out of that with a renewed motivation to show his qualities.”

Iheanacho has been limited to nine Premier League starts this season and he is behind Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki in the pecking order.

The striker has not started a game since Rodgers took charge and has only made six substitute appearances.

The former Celtic boss is satisfied with the contribution of the Nigeria international in the few minutes he has featured for the side.

“I’ve been impressed with him,” he continued.

“His appetite, his work, and then in games, where he has come on, whether it’s for five minutes or for 15 minutes, he’s impacted the game and done very well, and he nearly did again, it’s just unfortunate.

“He knows he should score, in big games you don’t get many chances and he has the quality, but it just didn’t happen for him.

“He’s a fantastic young player and hopefully he can show that over his time at Leicester.”

On the international scene, Iheanacho will hope to be part of Gernot Rohr’s squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, slated for June and July.

Nigeria are in Group B along with Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

@Mace04, we're saying the same thing. Hard work and consistent positive contribution to his team's objectives is the only way to increased minutes. For instance, I've seen many occasions where a player who was seeing little to almost no minutes at Chelsea for months, suddenly get a chance (be it through cup games or injury/suspensions to key players) and gradually earn the manager's faith. Azpilcueta is a classic example but there are many more. RLC bounced in and out on loan and still hit the bench for the first half of the season before gradually earning his shirt. Before then, many CFC fans questioned his work ethic and heart to fight for his shirt notwithstanding his talent. I can name up to 10 or more players from this one club alone that changes managers every season compared to a lesser competitive environment as is Leceister City.

The coach will always try to say the right things to keep the player's hope alive but all the chips remain with the player. The Coach can only work with or make a decision based on what the player gives him.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

jdizzy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:If Arsenal can sign him for about 5 MP and then loan him out to a French club. It would be a low risk, high reward move for Arsenal.
You live in Colorado abi? Explains a lot of your posts
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammy wrote:The emergence of strikers like Osimhen, Onuachu, Okereke, Onyekuru and even Awoniyi means he has a hard job getting his place back in the SE.
All these strikers are expected to move to major leagues this summer and if they click for their clubs, it could signal the end of Nacho's time in the SE.

I agree with the highlighted, however the conclusion is waayyyyyy too premature.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

jdizzy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:If Arsenal can sign him for about 5 MP and then loan him out to a French club. It would be a low risk, high reward move for Arsenal.
You live in Colorado abi? Explains a lot of your posts
I'm beginning to think Ohenhen is a cow and not a chicken. He suffers from foot and mouth disease a lot - he's always putting his foot in his mouth with some bonehead comments
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enyi wrote:Actually this is the SE lose not his....

Time to go on holiday. Refresh and start the preseason on fire - no SE and AFCON to worry about. This for him is a blessing in disguise.
It is not SE's loss. I like Iheanacho, but he does not deserve to make the team. I still believe that he has a future with the team. He has to work hard and get his confidence back. I would suggest that he gives Pellegrini a call. A loan to West Ham might not be a bad idea.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

green4life wrote:
Well the longer he stays praying and not acting the more his value will drop,he needs to make a decision regarding his future as I dont think Leciester have him in their plans anymore!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Nacho's problem I think is that he is too playful/ jovial - kind of like the class clown. I think this affects his performance via his focus - in elite sports sometimes you can't afford yourself moments to switch off and clown even when you're not on the pitch playing or having training sessions.

It's as though Nacho has become rich and isn't hungry for success again - would he regain this hunger? Seriousness? I hope so!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Nacho needs to leave the UK and go to France. Their football is more suited to his style of play and he will be playing at a slower pace which is better for his poor first touch and slow decision making.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:It is not the responsibility of NFF to help him regain his form, that is between him and his club. He has a good contract and a good club, it is up to him to buckle down and work his arse off.

That he was invited to camp was NFF trying to help him, but obviously his form must have been so bad even Rohr with his penchant for staying loyal to the old guard could not do anything but drop him. It is moments like this you appreciate the foreign coach, they will call it like it is.

Let him use the holiday to ask himself questions as well as reflect on what he needs to do next season. He needs to ask if he needs to ask for a move or take a loan move to where he would play regularly.

Losing form is not a crime, not getting back up is the crime.
Gbam. Nothing more to add. :agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I hate when people keep saying “he needs to move” please stop talking rubbish. He dosent need to move anywhere because moving won’t change laziness, lackadaisical and jovial attitude. Infact, he has already shown that his capable of scoring at EPL so “league excuse” should be removed
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:I hate when people keep saying “he needs to move” please stop talking rubbish. He dosent need to move anywhere because moving won’t change laziness, lackadaisical and jovial attitude. Infact, he has already shown that his capable of scoring at EPL so “league excuse” should be removed
Where are you getting this laziness from though? Pep never said he was lazy, said he loved his attitude in training. Even Rohr didn't say that, he complained about his confidence. Look at the interview I posted, his own club boss Rogers says he works hard. What he does on IG on his own free time can't be termed laziness, John Ogu posts move 'jovial' things than Kele. And Kele has even stopped posting since Rohr's comments about it. JJ used to be a jokester with a jovial attitude as well, does that mean he was lazy?
I’ve been impressed with him,” he continued.

His appetite, his work, and then in games, where he has come on, whether it’s for five minutes or for 15 minutes, he’s impacted the game and done very well, and he nearly did again, it’s just unfortunate.
https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/art ... ers/245364
"Kelechi now isn't playing for the last games. It's a pity for him because he's another guy -- all the African guys I train in my life, always they are amazing, how they are like professionals in the training sessions," Guardiola said, as quoted by ESPN.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I get this “lazy” attitude from seeing him play. He dosent work as hard as vardy, ndidi and it’s evidence by his performance
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:Nacho needs to leave the UK and go to France. Their football is more suited to his style of play and he will be playing at a slower pace which is better for his poor first touch and slow decision making.
Does any club in France need him?If he goes to France it’s unlikely he’ll be playing for PSG,Lyon,Marseille or Monaco so a mid table in France might not make him look any better.He needs to work with a team that know what they want from him and are willing to play him in the right position regularly,first of all he needs to find himself and his recent form as no league can help him if he isn’t playing well!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:I get this “lazy” attitude from seeing him play. He dosent work as hard as vardy, ndidi and it’s evidence by his performance
I guess thats your opinion, but I've never seen him being lazy during games. He works hard even for SE drops back, issue has been first touch and ability to hold up the ball more so than laziness...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:I get this “lazy” attitude from seeing him play. He dosent work as hard as vardy, ndidi and it’s evidence by his performance
Ndidi is a midfielders so comparing his work rate to a striker get k leg. Vardy is a fair comparison, but how many strikers work as hard as Vardy does, Kelechi has become a poacher since he settled in as a striker. Thats a main reason why he didnt fit in Pep's plans.

If hard work is all it takes, where has hard work gotten someone like Okazaki on the same team?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

metalalloy wrote:
Ndidi is a midfielders so comparing his work rate to a striker get k leg. Vardy is a fair comparison, but how many strikers work as hard as Vardy does, Kelechi has become a poacher since he settled in as a striker. Thats a main reason why he didnt fit in Pep's plans.

If hard work is all it takes, where has hard work gotten someone like Okazaki on the same team?
Okazaki was a huge part of the Leicester championship team bro, he has fallen off the last couple years but dude was a beastly workhorse before. Do your research before calling players out.
OCCUPY NFF!!