South Korea v Nigeria 0-2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: South Korea v Nigeria 0- 1

Post by Oguleftie »

miky wrote:Oparanozie was the best player today!

okeke! my favourite player, she has the right mentality!

Odega, always ready to attack, always trying to hustle!

Oshola is the most talented, but she isnt full at her best! she did well too
Not the most talented. The quickest and fastest.

The most talented is the goalkeeper.

The 2nd most talented is Okeke.
And do not question it.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Oguleftie wrote:

Not the most talented. The quickest and fastest.

The most talented is the goalkeeper.

The 2nd most talented is Okeke.
And do not question it.
gini? hiaaaa oga abeg abeg..stop playing please... what is this? :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.
Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.
I do not doubt that in the least :!:

Cheers.
You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

oloye wrote:
waka-man wrote:Huge win.
Against a team ranked so far ahead of us.
Great defensive discipline.
Good counter-attacking.
Smart game plan.

Still LOTS to fix but they’ve done well
There was nothing smart in that game plan, but yes i agree with the remaining. :D
The Asian sides will pass you to death. Try and contend with that at your peril. Our coach even said it before the match: “we have to be prepared for them to have more passes than us but we’re not worried and we’ll wait for our chances up front”.
Worked to perfection. Despite possession, keeper wasn’t really unduly troubled.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: South Korea v Nigeria 0-2 FT

Post by olu »

The Fox female commentator who is an ex-US women's international kept saying Nigeria's ball possession has improved since Dennebry took over, but that we aren't making use of our pace and athleticism as much which is our strength. For those who have been following the Falcons extensively has this team improved in any way since Dennebry took charge?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

K wrote:In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea

OF THAILAND...

…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

100%Naija wrote:
charlie wrote:Our Goal keeper has been truly good in calming down the entire defense.

She cant be the same keeper from the 1st game can she??"?
The difference is clear. She finally got a chance to eat some poundo and ofe egusi...last game na burger and fries..tufia
It’s NOT the same GK...
This one is our 2018 U20 WC goalkeeper.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.
Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.
I do not doubt that in the least :!:

Cheers.
You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.

I can understand why they stuck with the goal since it wasnt 100% conclusive, but replays at halftime (well after the fact) showed she touched the ball.

We got lucky, and I hope that Russian ref is our ref for all our future matches.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Robbynice wrote:
oloye wrote:
This link was fantastic, watched it on my fone, the quality was top notch. Thanks
Same here. Thanks Blueangel

Totally forgot I could tap into this link on my phone.

Next time.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Nigeria 2
South Korea 0

Onome Ebi at left back immense. Osinachi Ohale always solid. Asisat Oshoala finally showed up with a world class goal rounding the keeper before slotting from an acute angle. With 3 points we should qualify even if the french batter us to pieces!
Aunty Ebi with 5 World Cup caps was immense today..She was all that plus a sack load of chips. What a defender :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dean Oloye, was it excitement that made you say 'deaness' Ebi has only 5 world cup caps? Not to worry, I think I know what you meant :lol:
Last edited by ukwala on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Gotti wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
charlie wrote:Our Goal keeper has been truly good in calming down the entire defense.

The difference is clear. She finally got a chance to eat some poundo and ofe egusi...last game na burger and fries..tufia
It’s NOT the same GK...
>
Ehen I thought so!
That other goalkeeper from the Norway match was really dangerous.
Didnt she wound 2 of our own players??
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

charlie wrote:
Gotti wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

It’s NOT the same GK...
>
Ehen I thought so!
That other goalkeeper from the Norway match was really dangerous.
Didnt she wound 2 of our own players??
Do not discuss something you do not know.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bell wrote:
K wrote:In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea

OF THAILAND...

…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell

Totally disgraceful running up the score like that.

Even worse, the excessive celebration...

Totally classless...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.
Last edited by oscar52 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ukwala wrote:
oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Nigeria 2
South Korea 0

Onome Ebi at left back immense. Osinachi Ohale always solid. Asisat Oshoala finally showed up with a world class goal rounding the keeper before slotting from an acute angle. With 3 points we should qualify even if the french batter us to pieces!
Aunty Ebi with 5 World Cup caps was immense today..She was all that plus a sack load of chips. What a defender :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dean Oloye, was it excitement that made you say 'deaness' Ebi has only 5 world cup appearances? Not to worry, I think I know what you meant :lol:
I meant appearances ojare :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

olu wrote:The Fox female commentator who is an ex-US women's international kept saying Nigeria's ball possession has improved since Dennebry took over, but that we aren't making use of our pace and athleticism as much which is our strength. For those who have been following the Falcons extensively has this team improved in any way since Dennebry took charge?
Why are you listening to "a Fox female commentator who is an ex-US"?
What makes you think commentators know much about the team they are commenting on; they do not.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

txj wrote:
Bell wrote:

OF THAILAND...

Bell

Totally classless...
I agree, truly disgraceful.
But I am not worried. That kind of behavior invites some serious bad karma.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

oscar52 wrote:They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.
Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Maybe if you used paragraphs you’d be easier to understand.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ekorian wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:That Osho whatever is not it at all.
You must know more than Barcelona who just gave her a 3 year contract extension after a loan spell
She has better players around her at Barcelona so, her deficiencies are more minimized :!:

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote:
Bell wrote:

OF THAILAND...

Bell

Totally classless...
nothing wrong with running up the score, there is something wrong however with choreographed celebrations after goal 9.

and wambach playing the gender card related to the criticism, disgraceful.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei , I missed the entire 2nd half..meetings oooooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Oparanozie put in a good effort but she almost cost us the first goal with that unquantifiable African quality of doing dumb things.

Okeke and Ordega had their moments but they were few and far between. Like most of the players, they were a bit underwhelming.

Oshoala is too one-dimensional. She’s too over reliant on her speed. Needs to work a great deal on ball control :!:

Cheers.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

oscar52 wrote:They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.
Chief,

I think you are being too hard on us. If you check the last World Cup, our defence was a major problem. Each time the opposition attacked us, it was all hell break loose. Dennerby has placed a lot of focus on our defence and when you have good outlets upfront, counter attacking strategy has to be the way that works. I think our defending has improved vastly from our last World Cup. The last CAN (which we won) was mainly used to work on that deep defending strategy. As for Asisat Oshoala, when she does not have time to think about it but is in full flow, she can be deadly as she showed for her world class finish.