South Korea v Nigeria 0-2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Korea v Nigeria 0- 1

Post by Cmoke »

Na de young babe just discovered at WAFU cup.

She was a sub last game.

Number 20 Okeke
oloye wrote:The girl who broke up the play and made that pass deserves all the accolade
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Goldleaf wrote:
oscar52 wrote:They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.
Chief,

I think you are being too hard on us. If you check the last World Cup, our defence was a major problem. Each time the opposition attacked us, it was all hell break loose. Dennerby has placed a lot of focus on our defence and when you have good outlets upfront, counter attacking strategy has to be the way that works. I think our defending has improved vastly from our last World Cup. The last CAN (which we won) was mainly used to work on that deep defending strategy. As for Asisat Oshoala, when she does not have time to think about it but is in full flow, she can be deadly as she showed for her world class finish.
False.
At past world cup Falcons are usually the weakest team of the group, while the other three teams were much better than the Falcons; not so this 2019.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Korea v Nigeria 0-2 FT

Post by fabio »

olu wrote:The Fox female commentator who is an ex-US women's international kept saying Nigeria's ball possession has improved since Dennebry took over, but that we aren't making use of our pace and athleticism as much which is our strength. For those who have been following the Falcons extensively has this team improved in any way since Dennebry took charge?
These are the ball possession stats from the last world cup
NGA 43% - USA57%

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... anahr2dr9o

NGA 49% - AUS 51%

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/ ... eutral.pdf

NGA 53% - SWE47%

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... rdfs0xp8tz
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Don’t really follow women’s football and started watching this game in the 60th min. I thought there was very good positional discipline from our girls. Our soccer is still old school though...ball over the top, run ons and so on. Against a far less physical SK, should work well. Won’t work against stronger girls imo.

I like Naija sha. On top the fact that I no be female football fan, you for see me when them score 2nd goal.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.
Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.
I do not doubt that in the least :!:

Cheers.
You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.
Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oscar52 wrote:They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.

They never see very victory. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

waka-man wrote:
Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Maybe if you used paragraphs you’d be easier to understand.
Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world from countries like USA, Germany, Brazil etc.
Last edited by oscar52 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oscar52 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world.

Ageb stop spamming us with ignorance. :roll: :roll: :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:
Bell wrote:
K wrote:In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea

OF THAILAND...

…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell

Totally disgraceful running up the score like that.

Even worse, the excessive celebration...

Totally classless...
This might be the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on :D :!:

Cheers.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:chei , I missed the entire 2nd half..meetings oooooo
No wonder we won :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

green4life wrote:How can someone just send a corner kick straight to over? Soon they will blame Osholoa.
...she may have scored that difficult goal but she was a headless chicken today.
A professional striker like her should have scored many chances she got today.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:That Osho whatever is not it at all.
Did you miss her world class goal?
...score difficult one missed many easy ones.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
No wonder we won :lol:
We were leading in the first half.. and I watched the entire first half, and my presence was thr reason our first goal was called
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

txj wrote:
Bell wrote:
K wrote:In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea

OF THAILAND...

…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell

Totally disgraceful running up the score like that.

Even worse, the excessive celebration...

Totally classless...
This might be the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on :D :!:

Cheers.
The winner of the group stage is often decided by goal difference. The USA wanted to win convincingly hence get easier draws in the knockout rounds. This is not the NBA or NHL.
Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nnadozie deserves a lot of credit. Played so well for an 18yo playing in her first WC match.
miky wrote:Oparanozie was the best player today!

okeke! my favourite player, she has the right mentality!

Odega, always ready to attack, always trying to hustle!

Oshola is the most talented, but she isnt full at her best! she did well too
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

green4life wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.
Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.

Cheers.
You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.
Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:

Cheers.
The argument was that racist refs cost African teams games in the past. We got a favorable call and you have still found a reason to complain and feel sorry for yourself. Africa, always the victim even when we are favored and win! If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is :!:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

What meeting? Keep deluding yourself. Talking to yourself in your head is not a meeting. It is internal monologue. :lol:
Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

That left back na baller,why people keep saying they were lucky?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

[/video]
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
waka-man wrote:

Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world.

Ageb stop spamming us with ignorance. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Contribute your point or move on. Half our ladies can't do the basic right and you think they will compete well against Germany or USA. France will show you what am talking about in a few days. Instead of contributing something meaning, it coconut head only knows insults.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote:
green4life wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
The argument was that racist refs cost African teams games in the past. We got a favorable call and you have still found a reason to complain and feel sorry for yourself. Africa, always the victim even when we are favored and win! If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is :!:
Stop arguing against yourself. You said in your previous post that the evidence was inconclusive. Now you’re saying that the ref favored us, which suggests that the ref did not make the right call. Make up your mind already :!:

Cheers.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

green4life wrote:
green4life wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
Stop arguing against yourself. You said in your previous post that the evidence was inconclusive. Now you’re saying that the ref favored us, which suggests that the ref did not make the right call. Make up your mind already :!:

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mcal wrote:
green4life wrote:How can someone just send a corner kick straight to over? Soon they will blame Osholoa.
...she may have scored that difficult goal but she was a headless chicken today.
A professional striker like her should have scored many chances she got today.
Lol. Which 'many chances'? She only had one other quality chance which she mishandled due to a poor touch on a breakaway. It was long balls all day. Is that what you call chances?