NPFL 2019 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL 2019 Season

Post by zee »

ukwala wrote:
zee wrote:56th min still 0-0.........Rangers vs Pillars.
Ukwala, where is my little magician Silas?

He is not even listed for today's game.
The great Zee, unfortunately Silas sustained an ankle injury before the super 6 and has not featured in any of the matches.
Score is now Rangers 0 - 1 Pillars and we are a man down with Tope Olusesi given a second yellow in the 74th minute. YemiB’s juju is very potent. Seems the league title has slipped out of our hands, a pity after doing so well during the regular league.
1-1 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ---------------I will happily take the 1pt.
I just want us to play in the continent, that's the only way I get to watch my Rangers. :clap:

A good win against Ubah will do just that.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala wrote:

The great Zee, unfortunately Silas sustained an ankle injury before the super 6 and has not featured in any of the matches.
Score is now Rangers 0 - 1 Pillars and we are a man down with Tope Olusesi given a second yellow in the 74th minute. YemiB’s juju is very potent. Seems the league title has slipped out of our hands, a pity after doing so well during the regular league.
10-man Rangers got a late goal and the match ended 1 - 1
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:there game don scatter , see Pillars fans all over the pitch
NFF should award the 3pts to Rangers with a 3-0 scoreline........that's the LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:

I just want us to play in the continent, that's the only way I get to watch my Rangers. :clap:

Not certain at all. We are on 5 pts and can get a max of 8 pts. 3 teams can still finish above Rangers. It is not entirely in our hands now.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

zee wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:there game don scatter , see Pillars fans all over the pitch
NFF should award the 3pts to Rangers with a 3-0 scoreline........that's the LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It appeared the pitch invasion happened after the match which I believe will make it difficult to cancel the result of the match. At worst, Pillars will be punished with a fine.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Why all these yeye refs dey target Rangers with red cards... :curse: :curse:

Na only Rangers dey play hard for league..?

Yeye people... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

ukwala wrote:
zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:

Not certain at all. We are on 5 pts and can get a max of 8 pts. 3 teams can still finish above Rangers. It is not entirely in our hands now.
Bia, Bro Ukwala, Rangers remaining tie no be against any of the 3 teams wey fit finish above them..?

Remaining ties no involve the 3 teams playing against each other..?

If the above 2 scenarios are true, then hope dey...
- Bill Shankly
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
ukwala wrote:
zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:

Bia, Bro Ukwala, Rangers remaining tie no be against any of the 3 teams wey fit finish above them..?

See dem ooo.....A "tactical" 90th minute penalty to get a draw and 1 point :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Videos of the Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars captain) instigated trouble at the end of the game. What a shame for a 40-year old veteran.

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
ukwala wrote:
zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:

Comrade Father Tiko, there is a more than 50% chance of Rangers finishing in the top 3. The table after today’s games looks like this;
1. Enyimba 9
2. Kano Pillars 8
3. Akwa United 6
4. Enugu Rangers 5
5. Lobi Stars 4
6. FC Ifeanyi Ubah 0

The last fixtures are:
FC Ifeanyi Ubah vs Enugu Rangers
Enyimba vs Akwa United
Lobi Stars vs Pillars

Enyimba is already beyond Rangers reach. Pillars need only a draw against Lobi to be out of reach (more than 50% chance of happening). Akwa will have to beat Enyimba to be out of reach (not likely). Rangers must beat FCIU to stand any chance (very likely). So the battle for 3rd place is between Rangers and Akwa with Rangers having the better chance. Enyimba and Pillars will likely finish top 2.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Let's see if NPFL will take appropriate action on Rabiu Ali, other Pillars players, and the club. This is a disgrace.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:Let's see if NPFL will take appropriate action on Rabiu Ali, other Pillars players, and the club. This is a disgrace.
Absolute disgrace.

Just saw a re-run of the Pillars v Rangers tie Monday…
The LMC must stop all the laughable punishment usually meted out to defaulters of their code of conduct governing the league…

The idiotic behavior of Pillars captain Rabiu Alli at the end of the game must be sanctioned…nothing less than a minimum of a 10-match ban…

The hooliganism of the Pillars fans at Agege stadium must be met with sufficient sanctions…
TV cameras picked out some of the ring-leaders amongst those Pillars fans…they should be arrested for attempted assault & prosecuted…

Its time LMC got serious with administering a decent league…
- Bill Shankly
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Matchday 5 and the last. Who will finish top 3?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I want Enyimba in the Champs league
SuperEagles

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala wrote:Matchday 5 and the last. Who will finish top 3?
Results so far
FCIU 2 - 4 Rangers
Enyimba 3 - 0 Akwa

Starting by 7pm
Lobi vs Pillars

Standings
1. Enyimba 12pts (comfirmed champions, spot on prediction by Enugu II)
2. Pillars 8pts (1 game outstanding)
3. Rangers 8pts
4. Akwa 6pts
5. Lobi 4pts (1 game outstanding)
6. FCIU 0pt

If Lobi beat Pillars, Rangers will overtake Pillars and finish second on either 'goals for' or 'goal difference' depending on the final scores.
Go Lobi go.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ukwala wrote:
Results so far
FCIU 2 - 4 Rangers
Enyimba 3 - 0 Akwa

Starting by 7pm
Lobi vs Pillars

Standings
3. Rangers 8pts
4. Akwa 6pts
6. FCIU 0pt

If Lobi beat Pillars, Rangers will overtake Pillars and finish second on either 'goals for' or 'goal difference' depending on the final score. Go Lobi go.
Lobi stars, Lobi stars..........:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
If Lobi wins, We play CL :thumbs: :thumbs: .
Already we have CAF in our back pocket. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

So let's go.....................Lobi stars :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yes , back to the biggest club stage, with a nice stadium...lets go Enyimba, NigerianChampions
SuperEagles

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Let's see if NPFL will take appropriate action on Rabiu Ali, other Pillars players, and the club. This is a disgrace.
Absolute disgrace.

Just saw a re-run of the Pillars v Rangers tie Monday…
The LMC must stop all the laughable punishment usually meted out to defaulters of their code of conduct governing the league…

The idiotic behavior of Pillars captain Rabiu Alli at the end of the game must be sanctioned…nothing less than a minimum of a 10-match ban…

The hooliganism of the Pillars fans at Agege stadium must be met with sufficient sanctions…
TV cameras picked out some of the ring-leaders amongst those Pillars fans…they should be arrested for attempted assault & prosecuted…

Its time LMC got serious with administering a decent league…
LMC fines Kano Pillars N8m, hands Rabiu Ali 12 match ban

The League Management Company on Wednesday announced a number of sanctions against the Kano Pillars Football Club over Monday’s incident involving their supporters and players.

Salihu Abubakar, LMC’s Chief Operating Officer said in a statement that the sanctions were as a result of crowd disturbances and harassment of match officials.

The misdemeanour was committed by Kano Pillars’ fans and players during and after one of Match Day 4 fixtures at the Nigeria Professional Football League Championship Playoffs in Lagos.

“Kano Pillars have been fined the sum of N8 million, while their captain, Rabiu Ali, has been banned from all NPFL activities and matches for a period of 12 matches,” Abubakar said.

READ ALSO: Falcons eye World Cup knockouts after South Korea win

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that supporters and fans believed to belong to the Kano side had invaded the pitch, damaged perimeter fences and advertising panels.

They had also hauled objects at the VIP stands at the end of the fixture between Kano Pillars and Rangers International which ended 1-1.

LMC, in a summary jurisdiction notice, charged Kano Pillars with four breaches of the Framework and Rules of the NPFL including breaches of Rule B13.18, C9, C1.1.

Ali was charged with accosting the match referee and, in so doing, he had incited others to commit acts of violence and misconduct in breach of Rule C1.3

The notice to Ali read, “Consequently, and taking into consideration your role as the captain of the team, by which your conduct is deemed to be an aggravated breach with a view to imposing more severe sanctions pursuant to Rule C19, the LMC intends to exercise its summary jurisdiction.

“By this, LMC will impose on you the following sanction: a ban from all NPFL matches and activities for a period of 12 matches, commencing immediately”.

In the charge against Kano Pillars, the breaches covered offences such as the hauling of objects towards the field of play by some of their supporters in violation of Rule B13.18.

Kano Pillars were also charged for failing to control and ensure proper conduct of their players and officials who accosted the match referee in protest.

This constituted a breach of Rule C9.

The third charge read, “you are in breach of Rule B13.18 of the Framework and Rules of the NPFL.

“This is because on Monday, immediately after your NPFL Championship Playoff Match against Rangers International, some of your supporters encroached onto the field of play, pursuing match officials”.

The fourth count was hinged on the violent conduct of the supporters in a manner capable of bringing the league to disrepute.

This also includes injury to spectators and damage to facilities and equipment in violation of Rule C1.1.

It is an act which is punishable by virtue of B15.17 and B13.23 of the Framework and Rules of the NPFL.

For the first three breaches, the LMC fined the club N1 million for each count and N5 million for the breach of Rule C1.1.

Furthermore, the club have been ordered to play their next three home matches behind closed doors.

They also stand to forfeit three points in the new season, 2019/2020, should they be found in further breach of the charges during the duration of the new season.

The player and club are required by the rules to accept or appeal the charges and sanction in writing within 48 hours.
https://punchng.com/lmc-fines-kano-pill ... match-ban/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Results so far
FCIU 2 - 4 Rangers
Enyimba 3 - 0 Akwa

Starting by 7pm
Lobi vs Pillars

Standings
3. Rangers 8pts
4. Akwa 6pts
6. FCIU 0pt

If Lobi beat Pillars, Rangers will overtake Pillars and finish second on either 'goals for' or 'goal difference' depending on the final score. Go Lobi go.
Lobi stars, Lobi stars..........:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
If Lobi wins, We play CL :thumbs: :thumbs: .
Already we have CAF in our back pocket. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

So let's go.....................Lobi stars :clap: :clap: :clap:
FT: Lobi 0 - 1 Pillars
Top 3 are
1. Enyimba Champions
2. Pillars CAF CL
3. Enugu Rangers CAF CC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ukwala,

My prediction was almost 100% correct. Only error was having Lobi Stars in place of Kano Pillars. In any case, I think those were the strong club sides that have usually done well in the continent especially Enyimba and Rangers. Hopefully, Pillars will do better than they had done in the past.
Enugu II wrote:SUPER 6 OPENS TUESDAY

Who are your predicted top three finishers who will earn the right to represent Nigeria in Africa come 2020? Here are mine:

1. Enyimba (Wins League)
2. Lobi Stars (2nd)
3. Enugu Rangers (Confed Cup place)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:Ukwala,

My prediction was almost 100% correct. Only error was having Lobi Stars in place of Kano Pillars. In any case, I think those were the strong club sides that have usually done well in the continent especially Enyimba and Rangers. Hopefully, Pillars will do better than they had done in the past.
Enugu II wrote:SUPER 6 OPENS TUESDAY

Who are your predicted top three finishers who will earn the right to represent Nigeria in Africa come 2020? Here are mine:

1. Enyimba (Wins League)
2. Lobi Stars (2nd)
3. Enugu Rangers (Confed Cup place)
EII,
Yes, your prediction was near perfect. Shows how well you read the local game, better than us home-based. I hope the clubs do well on the continent this time. One of the complaints was that the continental games took place during the Nigerian off season when our players were not in shape. Now the seasons have been harmonised (with the international calendar) perhaps there will be some improvement.
Downside for me is that Enyimba has gone ahead of Rangers in number of league titles (8 vs 7). EII please confirm as you are the custodian of Nigerian soccer history.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

:sad: :sad: :sad: