2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: F

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Guys how far. How are you coping? Although I do not know how it feels to lose a final, because I am a winner, but I was informed that it can be very very tough and sometimes, it could take close to a week to recover. And even after that, there will always be a reminder of "what could have been." Take it easy, guys. IAG, if you can, please send for Cristao and let him spend time with guys this week... eh.. e jo! eh?!
Oga Danfo you are right,i am just recovery now as your curse is deep into North London.But respect to Spurs they hold their own ,so why did you choose to curse both north London club and allow Klopp win it?Thanks for hand Liverpool the victory as it really mark a wonderful season for them.I hope you will not be lifting the curse you put on Pep in CL
No be me curse spurs o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na divine curse dem get!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

that pajimoh is a loser, bobo is celebrating getting to the CL finals and losing:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think UEFA for just start a new competition for two useless losers just for this season

UCL loser vs Europa loser

winner will get auto qualification to emirates cup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coach wrote:Very anticlimactic ending for the Prince of Serendip. There are moments when the head must hold hegemony and the heart, bow in subservience. In starting Harry Kane, Pochettino showed himself to be more Jimminy Cricket than Geppetto. The Roy of the Rovers script had already been read, in Lucas Moura, a round prior, Spurs had played their Clark Kent turned Superman card. The final called for deep thought not sentimental feeling. To squander a Champions League final berth in such fashion was a shame for football in all its entirety. In the minutes leading up to team selection, Pochettino, MP, showed himself to be just that, a back bencher in Parliament, far from the running for Downing Street.
Starting Kane was the safe call to make but as they say, fortune favors the brave. Moura should’ve started on merit while banking on Kane’s leadership and influence to raise spirits and ginger his team for the final push in the last 25 to 30 minutes of the game. Pooch was afraid of the backlash had Spurs lost without starting Kane. To be successful at the next level, he’s got to overcome his fear of handling big personalities on the team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
Coach wrote:Very anticlimactic ending for the Prince of Serendip. There are moments when the head must hold hegemony and the heart, bow in subservience. In starting Harry Kane, Pochettino showed himself to be more Jimminy Cricket than Geppetto. The Roy of the Rovers script had already been read, in Lucas Moura, a round prior, Spurs had played their Clark Kent turned Superman card. The final called for deep thought not sentimental feeling. To squander a Champions League final berth in such fashion was a shame for football in all its entirety. In the minutes leading up to team selection, Pochettino, MP, showed himself to be just that, a back bencher in Parliament, far from the running for Downing Street.
Starting Kane was the safe call to make but as they say, fortune favors the brave. Moura should’ve started on merit while banking on Kane’s leadership and influence to raise spirits and ginger his team for the final push in the last 25 to 30 minutes of the game. Pooch was afraid of the backlash had Spurs lost without starting Kane. To be successful at the next level, he’s got to overcome his fear of handling big personalities on the team.
It was a terrible call bro, and a cup out! I can understand that some people will say "well, if Kane had scored, you'd have said something different." No, I wouldnt.

1. Moura was in form, while Kane was not in form--hasnt been in form since December 2018, I believe.

2. Moura is fit, Kane is not match fit and didnt run like someone who is physically fit.

3. bringing Kane in would have been more effective than bringing Llorente in.

4. Bringing Kane into the game as a substitute would have been a motivation to Kane. He'd have come in prepared to perform with that mindset. Alternatively, bringing Moura in, would not be at the same motivation as Kane. It will be bringing a player who is disappointed at not starting when he feels he deserves to start.

It was a bad decision.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
It was a terrible call bro, and a cup out! I can understand that some people will say "well, if Kane had scored, you'd have said something different." No, I wouldnt.

1. Moura was in form, while Kane was not in form--hasnt been in form since December 2018, I believe.

2. Moura is fit, Kane is not match fit and didnt run like someone who is physically fit.

3. bringing Kane in would have been more effective than bringing Llorente in.

4. Bringing Kane into the game as a substitute would have been a motivation to Kane. He'd have come in prepared to perform with that mindset. Alternatively, bringing Moura in, would not be at the same motivation as Kane. It will be bringing a player who is disappointed at not starting when he feels he deserves to start.

It was a bad decision.
Agreed. Pooch will regret that decision for a while. He bottled that decision but I feel it's partly a function of the club he was coaching. For instance, had he been coaching ManU or City for instance and Kane was in the same situation, he'd have been less 'afraid' to list him as a sub in such an important game because there are other big personalities in the locker room. At Spurs, Kane's influence overshadows almost the entire club. Spurs fans might disagree but na how I see am.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

RIP Justin Edinburgh. A true legend in the 1990s.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:RIP Justin Edinburgh. A true legend in the 1990s.
Just read it. :shock: RIP.

He suffered CA after the CL final
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

RIP Justin. Died young.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

RIP Justin Edinburgh. Really sad to lose such an influential player and manager in the prime of his life. May his soul rest in peace and God give his family left behind the courage to carry on.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, in my pre-CL Final match report I called for the inclusion of Kane as he was the inspirational leader in the locker room and the team's talisman. I don't recall reading your opposition view on it.

The fact is it is hard to drop players of Kane's caliber in such a high profile match when they are fit to play. You don't drop Ronaldo nor Messi when they can play because they are often the difference maker. Even Pep made that call sometime ago when he rushed Kompany back into the defense against us after a long injury layoff. We ended up winning the match but Pep wasn't criticized over the decision as he was the one player they knew who could marshal the defense properly despite his lack of match fitness.

Moura is good but he often goes missing in big matches and against big teams. There is nothing to suggest he would have made the difference on that day. Even if he had started there is no way to say that unfortunate penalty awarded early in the match would have been prevented.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:dd, in my pre-CL Final match report I called for the inclusion of Kane as he was the inspirational leader in the locker room and the team's talisman. I don't recall reading your opposition view on it.

The fact is it is hard to drop players of Kane's caliber in such a high profile match when they are fit to play. You don't drop Ronaldo nor Messi when they can play because they are often the difference maker. Even Pep made that call sometime ago when he rushed Kompany back into the defense against us after a long injury layoff. We ended up winning the match but Pep wasn't criticized over the decision as he was the one player they knew who could marshal the defense properly despite his lack of match fitness.

Moura is good but he often goes missing in big matches and against big teams. There is nothing to suggest he would have made the difference on that day. Even if he had started there is no way to say that unfortunate penalty awarded early in the match would have been prevented.
I didn't see your post because I don't usually read stuff about Tottenham. I don't support the club.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hearing we are close to getting Tanguy Ndombele.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Hearing we are close to getting Tanguy Ndombele.
How do you define close?
Abeg wait for news of confirmed signings. All these, close, in pole position, front runners etc. Better to wait for real news
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:
How do you define close?
Abeg wait for news of confirmed signings. All these, close, in pole position, front runners etc. Better to wait for real news
I think you'll be "close" so long as Madrid gets Pogba, otherwise you're gonna be SOL.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Hearing we are close to getting Tanguy Ndombele.
How do you define close?
Close because reliable source broke the news.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
How do you define close?
Close because reliable source broke the news.
If only I have a Dollar for news broken by reliable sources that never materialized? You're also aware that the news might be genuine and so is Levy's tightfistedness. If they ask for too much he'll walk away
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Utter rubbish if this is what Nike intends to unveil next season.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

Utter rubbish if this is what Nike intends to unveil next season.
Is that a blanket? :shock: or just bigporkhead size, XXXXXXXXL
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Any update on Not-Dembele?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

NDombele wants to come and is interested in the move.
Lyon is interested in selling and have a set fee in mind.
Levy wants to buy but doesn't want to pay big club fee for him.
At the moment we have signed Nnobody.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
NDombele wants to come and is interested in the move.
Lyon is interested in selling and have a set fee in mind.
Levy wants to buy but doesn't want to pay big club fee for him.
At the moment we have signed Nnobody.
It is the "paying big" that worries me. All the players we've been rumoured to be after will require Spurs breaking their transfer record everytime.
Levy will not buy a player he cannot resell for profit. That is why I'm taking the "siddon" approach with Spurs transfer.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Excitement level rising. Could Levy be about to do what we hoped for :woot: ?

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Image
Excitement level rising. Could Levy be about to do what we hoped for :woot: ?
Don't do this to yourself. Wait until it's confirmed and better still, wait until he performs.
Remember Lacashaite at Arsenal?