EAGLES' NEST!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
EAGLES' NEST!

Post by The YeyeMan »

Who added the exclamation mark and the apostrophe? - "Eagles' Nest!"

Although the usage of the apostrophe is not grammatically incorrect I hereby denounce it as it sounds and looks jarring to me.

I can live with the exclamation mark even though it appears a bit shouty and frantic.

Oya, Cellular rename the form to "Eagles Nest!", drop the apostrophe.

Chief Ogbunigwe, if Cellular no gree then I give you permission to rename the forum.

Buran uba!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EAGLES' NEST!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dang! You complain about the green jersey causing loses during the FE game now it’s apostrophes and exclamation marks. Jesu...... get a life bro!
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Maybe we're the EAGLES.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Dang! You complain about the green jersey causing loses during the FE game now it’s apostrophes and exclamation marks. Jesu...... get a life bro!
Take things seriously and get laid.

Thank me later.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Please remove the apostrophe and exclamation mark. I don't see the point.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

The YeyeMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Dang! You complain about the green jersey causing loses during the FE game now it’s apostrophes and exclamation marks. Jesu...... get a life bro!
Take things seriously and get laid.

Thank me later.

OUCH. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Orion wrote:Please remove the apostrophe and exclamation mark. I don't see the point.

I agree.SOunds oubtful ( of the name)....
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Lol. All the people that said the site will turn to ghost town without EPL are still posting.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote:Lol. All the people that said the site will tirm to ghost town without EPL are still posting.
:lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:Lol. All the people that said the site will tirm to ghost town without EPL are still posting.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

their world football forum is a ghost town
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

their world football forum is a ghost town
just notice how the useless assanal CE spammers( actually offer nothing to the forum) like tunisia gooner, aniks etc are nowhere to be found...these folks have zero debating skills or intellect on how to push their points across,so they hide on that pathetic over 500page thread and spam this forum forcing the dialogue to be about a pathetic club..... let them take break and come back when assnal starts the emirates cup.... now they are looking for excuses...I also wonder where that waffiman is...bobo never talks anything Nigerian football.... I am so glad the forum was separated
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Lol. All the people that said the site will turn to ghost town without EPL are still posting.
Oga 1kobo, abeg engage brain for once.

1. We argued IF, you BAN Other postings other than Nigeria football, the site will tun to a ghost site. The site has not banned other football but merely taken OUR suggestion and restructure.

2. ....and this is very important - it's end of season in Europe and this happens to coincide with AFCON and female WC, which gives us time to talk about Nigerian football. This has helped the newly partitioned Eagles Nest.
What happens when AFCON/WWC are over and the European league swings back into action and the endless drama of the CL league comes into full effect?

Do you still think the EN will still be vibrant as it is now or traffic would shift to WF?

Think before you post :taunt: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:Lol. All the people that said the site will turn to ghost town without EPL are still posting.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:

1. We argued IF, you BAN Other postings other than Nigeria football, the site will tun to a ghost site. The site has not banned other football but merely taken OUR suggestion and restructure.

2. ....and this is very important - it's end of season in Europe and this happens to coincide with AFCON and female WC, which gives us time to talk about Nigerian football. This has helped the newly partitioned Eagles Nest.
What happens when AFCON/WWC are over and the European league swings back into action and the endless drama of the CL league comes into full effect?

Do you still think the EN will still be vibrant as it is now or traffic would shift to WF?

It is ok for the forum to have quiet periods. It is preferable to being spammed with EPL content.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:

Pa Nemo, but you will have the world football forum to go and argue your brains out, so wetin concern you? I bet after the ANC you will still ne here telling us how the Eagles Nest will die without Arsenal and Manchester United threads. You are even lucky they created the World Football forum. Left for me you would be making this argument from the arsenal website.

Abeg gerrara hia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Pa Nemo, but you will have the world football forum to go and argue your brains out, so wetin concern you? I bet after the ANC you will still ne here telling us how the Eagles Nest will die without Arsenal and Manchester United threads. You are even lucky they created the World Football forum. Left for me you would be making this argument from the arsenal website.

Abeg gerrara hia.
1cent, I've been here when the board used to crash everytime there's a tournament. I was part of those who commissioned this very site. I'll still be here until death us do part. That said, you lack intelligence to grasp the issue we are talking about.
We've always had traffic during AFCON and WC. We've crashed the site on various occasion as a result.
Our beef has been the suggestion of BANNING non Naija related football threads or simply making CE a niche - ONLY naija football site.

We, at least I, argued that even EPL dedicated fan forums have sections to discuss other football topics, other clubs and international football.

I don't need you to tell me when I can post on CE/EN.
When the AFCON is over and the WWC is over and our boys are making waves in their respective clubs across the world and the best leagues in the world are swinging again, then we shall see which is more vibrant, EN or WF. In the meantime....
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Abeg gerrara hia.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I like the idea of separating the forum to discuss football other than one that relates to 9ja footie. It doesn't matter how much traffic EN is going garner during the season so long as it serves it's purpose, a place to read up on Nigerian football specifically. That was it's original intent and how I found my way here. Glad to see it returning to its root.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!