SHOULD ROHR BE FIRED IF HE FAILS TO WIN AFCON 2019

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FIRED OR KEEP ROHR

Poll ended at Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:37 pm

He should be fired if he fails to win
65%
He should keep his job even if he fails to win
35%

Total votes: 23

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
SHOULD ROHR BE FIRED IF HE FAILS TO WIN AFCON 2019

Post by JACKAL »

Rohr has said his number 1 ambition is to win the African Cup of nations.

He is going into the competition as Nigeria's coach with very strong players. The best set of Nigerian players ever. If he fails to lift the trophy should be he fired or should he still be able to keep his job.
Vote Your Opinion

Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SHOULD ROHR BE FIRED IF HE FAILS TO WIN AFCON 2019

Post by Sir V »

I hope we have another coach on standby should incase we did not win?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sir V wrote:I hope we have another coach on standby should incase we did not win?
Niaja mentality. Wreck whats being built so we can build another one to wreck. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It sickens me seeing Nigerians treat Oyinbo people better than their own people. The same people called for the sacking of the late Shaibu Amodu after he failed to win Afcon are now saying it is okay to keep Rohr. Rohr must be treated like his predecessors. The Nigerian coaches on staff will take over until we hire a substantive coach if Rohr is fired.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

It takes luck to win the Afcon, but having said that, I just do not see Rohr taking SE any further than he already has. He's been good at organizing the SE, but has been poor in unearthing local talent. Without legit local talent, Nigeria is going no where.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote:It sickens me seeing Nigerians treat Oyinbo people better than their own people. The same people called for the sacking of the late Shaibu Amodu after he failed to win Afcon are now saying it is okay to keep Rohr. Rohr must be treated like his predecessors. The Nigerian coaches on staff will take over until we hire a substantive coach if Rohr is fired.

IT'S ACTUALLY WORSE THAN THAT

For Japan/Korea 2002, people called for the firing of Amodu amd his crew (AKEtrio) after he miraculously qualified the team for the WC and when all hope had been destroyed by the previous foreign coach. Their excuse was that he lost to a 10-man Cameroon team and coming third in the Nations Cup.
Bell
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

ANC wrote:It takes luck to win the Afcon, but having said that, I just do not see Rohr taking SE any further than he already has. He's been good at organizing the SE, but has been poor in unearthing local talent. Without legit local talent, Nigeria is going no where.
I am not a fan of his.. but I see no reason why he cant win this Afcon. Nigeria had the most credible performance of any African team in the last world cup. His conservative style works well in Africa where a lot of teams throw caution to the wind. He should be able to win with this team , otherwise whats the point of him being coach.

He doesn't see any value in homebased players so he does all his Unearthing of talent in Naija Kids born or playing overseas. I am not so sure he is wrong though...We are not doing a good job at home transitioning youth players to adult players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:It sickens me seeing Nigerians treat Oyinbo people better than their own people. The same people called for the sacking of the late Shaibu Amodu after he failed to win Afcon are now saying it is okay to keep Rohr. Rohr must be treated like his predecessors. The Nigerian coaches on staff will take over until we hire a substantive coach if Rohr is fired.

Shaibu Amodu was almost 20 years ago. 20 YEARS.

You know maybe people have learned things since that time, maybe we can view things in a different context and see the bigger picture.

For you to suggest we HAVE to act the same way we did nearly 2 decades ago all in the name of being "fair" is not only stupid and moronic, but it is very short sided and counter productive.

Amodu lost to Senegal, who ended up going to the WC and being extra time away from making the semi finals. Nigeria has never reached those heights on the international stage.

Calling for Amodu to be sacked for losing to Senegal is idiotic, as is calling for Rohr to be fired simply for not winning the ANC.

For the last time, his outcome should be based on how we played and not necessarily just arbitrarily if we win it all or not.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:It takes luck to win the Afcon, but having said that, I just do not see Rohr taking SE any further than he already has. He's been good at organizing the SE, but has been poor in unearthing local talent. Without legit local talent, Nigeria is going no where.

What local talent ? There is no local talent.

Why on earth should Rohr "unearth local talent" when he has one of the best and youngest talent pools in Europe that any SE coach has ever had.

You even have talents like Okereke who are being courted by Italian giants, who have not even been capped, and you want him to look for "local talents"

Sorry but you are thinking backwards.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:

You know maybe people have learned things since that time, maybe we can view things in a different context and see the bigger picture.

For you to suggest we HAVE to act the same way we did nearly 2 decades ago all in the name of being "fair" is not only stupid and moronic, but it is very short sided and counter productive.

Amodu lost to Senegal, who ended up going to the WC and being extra time away from making the semi finals. Nigeria has never reached those heights on the international stage.

Calling for Amodu to be sacked for losing to Senegal is idiotic, as is calling for Rohr to be fired simply for not winning the ANC.

For the last time, his outcome should be based on how we played and not necessarily just arbitrarily if we win it all or not.
If he cant win Afcon with this set of players... the man should just Quit...
These are the best collection of players on any African team.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

We however need a good manager; perhaps we could retain ROHR only as National Team manager for all our national teams.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

No they are not.

Senegal has a better squad. End of.

Actually even Morocco has a better squad.

Our goalkeeping position is horrible. Dont forget that.

Senegal and Morocco are stronger in all areas of the pitch from Goalkeeper to defence to midfield to attack.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

No they are not.

Senegal and Morocco are stronger in all areas of the pitch from Goalkeeper to defence to midfield to attack.

I Disagree.... You are just looking at their biggest stars...I am talking about on the average...We beat them all hands down. Most of our players have better experience and are more well known.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

No they are not.

I Disagree.... You are just looking at their biggest stars...I am talking about on the average...We beat them all hands down. Most of our players have better experience and are more well known.
He is taking 15 veteran players who went with him to the last world......The new guys are really some of the brightest prospects in Africa... Onyekuru, Chukuweze, Ola Aina, Jamiu Collins Paul Oanachu,simon, osimeh and Ike ... And you are right..the goalkeeping position is where we are the weakest...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote: He is taking 15 veteran players who went with him to the last world......The new guys are really some of the brightest prospects in Africa... Onyekuru, Chukuweze, Ola Aina, Jamiu Collins Paul Oanachu,simon, osimeh and Ike ... And you are right..the goalkeeping position is where we are the weakest...
So Uzoho too is now a 'veteran'?
:blink: :blink: :blink:
Veteran ko, vegetarian ni.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:

Some of you have actually forgotten how poor Amodu's team was before his sacking. He wasn't sacked for not winning the ANC. He was sacked for the teams poor performance.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is 2019 not 1990. Any local talent in Nigeria would have been unearthed by local and foreign agents and parked at some academy ready to be shipped or already shipped to some foreign cub. Most of the players in our league are old and you will rarely find them better than the pool of youth players spread across the world.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I would like to see how you win AFCON without good strikers and below average goalkeepers. These two positions are our weak points.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The thread owner is a certified DELUSIONAL LUNATIC that needs his head re-evaluated at yaba institute. A country that had previously failed to qualify for 2 back to back ANC is mandated to win this ANC or terminate their coach despite all the progress he has made lol (I laugh in Swahili) Then the yaba left guy now claims that Nigeria currently has the best set of players in Africa lol. Our best midfielder is at championship and currently clubless, our best defender is a bench player at a small club and our best striker is at !@#$%^& league and you’re arrogant. We can win but we must be humble and cut that entitlement bullcrap. Infact, only absolute embarrassment embarrassment should get rohr terminated
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr should have been fired after the world cup. He has to win the Afcon or have the team come close to win it by playing a brand of football that excites Nigerians about the future potential of the team. He has to show that he can improve the team. We are not going to the Afcon to learn. Nigeria is one of the favorites to win it.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rohr should have been fired right after the 2 nill loss to Croatia. I expect the SE to be out after 4 games...this should speed up the process of firing the we go to tournaments to learn coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Bell wrote:

IT'S ACTUALLY WORSE THAN THAT

For Japan/Korea 2002, people called for the firing of Amodu amd his crew (AKEtrio) after he miraculously qualified the team for the WC and when all hope had been destroyed by the previous foreign coach. Their excuse was that he lost to a 10-man Cameroon team and coming third in the Nations Cup.
Bell
What they did to Amoudu was the worst injustice that could happen to a black man. It was down right racist enacted by his own people...
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Come on, what kind of poll is this??

Football is not only black and white. To win any tournament you need loads of luck.
It’s the performance of the Eagles that should be analysed, and not whether he wins or not.