Falcons can beat France

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Falcons can beat France

Post by metalalloy »

fishward6 wrote:Now that the goalkeeping problems have been solved . If they have the fitness to get back and defend we can really give them a game. However a draw will suffice to qualify

Solved where? Dis babe has chopped goals from France in the past. I truly hope we pull of the upset, but i watched France against Norway and that team is lethal.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

metalalloy wrote:
fishward6 wrote:Now that the goalkeeping problems have been solved . If they have the fitness to get back and defend we can really give them a game. However a draw will suffice to qualify

Solved where? Dis babe has chopped goals from France in the past. I truly hope we pull of the upset, but i watched France against Norway and that team is lethal.
They are lethal but how did you get that from watching them against Norway. Didn't they score only 2 goals one of which was from the spot? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

They are lethal but how did you get that from watching them against Norway. Didn't they score only 2 goals one of which was from the spot? :???:
France has played more than one game in this world cup. You don't have to score a basketfull of goals to be a lethal team. They ground an excellent Norway team down and took their chances. Have you watched either of their games?

Ps. France scored 3 goals against Norway. :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Robbynice wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Norway is a much lethal team than France. And we performed well against them despite the goals all of which could have been avoided. If you critically look at individual goals; first goal was keepers fault, second goal was keepers fault and third goal was own goal
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

In my opinion, KOREA CAN BEAT NORWAY, giving us the chance to be in second position. Why?Norway did not outplay us, they just took their chances. On the other hand, Korea outplayed us, but we took our chances.

As far as France goes, lets be nice, smile often and hit them on the counter if possible.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Damunk wrote:Meanwhile, does anyone know why and when Desire Oparanozie took over the captaincy from Rita Chikwelu?
Heard from my sources that Chikwelu was removed because she fought Pinnick and the powers that be why the Nigerian Assistant Coach was being paid less than Dennerby's Assistant, and she almost didn't make it to France because of her complaints.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

France 6 Falcons kondo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

A Draw is never happening if we play for one we will be a Annihilated. We must strike first and take it from there!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

While I like our team, it will be a miracle to beat France. Maybe that Miracle can happen but it will be a MIRACLE. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Enugu II wrote:While I like our team, it will be a miracle to beat France. Maybe that Miracle can happen but it will be a MIRACLE. Just my tuppence.
We are not going to beat France. The refs would even let it happen. What we can do and should do is keep the loss margin to just 2 at the most. That would mean GD -3 with 3 points which mean we might be able to get one of the 4 best third place finishes. The way things are shaking out now in other groups that is what we must do if we want to move on to the next round.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If Falcons wins or draws, then I should be flogged in public
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oparanozie has no business being captain of this team.
Big mistake.
Also, I have little confidence in this Dennerby fellow. Hopefully after today’s game, we can start to explore someone who actually has the nations interest at heart
Gadfly wrote:
Damunk wrote:Meanwhile, does anyone know why and when Desire Oparanozie took over the captaincy from Rita Chikwelu?
Heard from my sources that Chikwelu was removed because she fought Pinnick and the powers that be why the Nigerian Assistant Coach was being paid less than Dennerby's Assistant, and she almost didn't make it to France because of her complaints.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Otitokoro wrote:Oparanozie has no business being captain of this team.
Big mistake.
Also, I have little confidence in this Dennerby fellow. Hopefully after today’s game, we can start to explore someone who actually has the nations interest at heart
Gadfly wrote:
Not surprised.

We all know the reason Florence was sacked (it was believed she backed the players in their protest on the non payment of allowance and bonuses).

As for Dennerby his job is probably save. Let's not forget his last coaching job was in 2013, before the Falcon job.

The real problem is the Sporting Press and some sections of CE who held previous NFF Chairmen to high standards, but have lowered the standards for Pinnick.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Otitokoro wrote:Oparanozie has no business being captain of this team.
Big mistake.
Gadfly wrote:
Una don come, why does Oparonozie not have any business being the captain,just why? Do we know her influence in the dressing room? I see 4 players in that team that can easily be the captain, Aunty Ebi, Rita, Desire, and Oshoala. You can count on all of these on big games and they have the experience.

While i any not support the dropping of Rita because she voiced her voice, i dont think the choice of Desire Oparanozie is out of place.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:If Falcons wins or draws, then I should be flogged in public
Omo na which public square you prefer Tinubu, Idumota , Ojuelegba or Trafalgar?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho