THE PENALTY AGAINST THE FALCONS WAS A TRAVESTY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THE PENALTY AGAINST THE FALCONS WAS A TRAVESTY

Post by deanotito »

Cito wrote:Guys just check rule 12 on FIFA handbook and quit arguing blindly.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeve ... _47379.pdf

In your eagerness, you didn’t read what you just posted. We know what a foul is. See my analogy above and give an answer
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ok, I have to say it..This ref is terrible. You can see she is very unsure of herself and made the calls for the bigger team.

Both Goals should not have been allowed. The first goal was an a clear offside.... the second is no Penalty....

She should have given us a penalty for the hand ball as a make up call in the last few minutes of the first half...she did not... She is just not a good ref...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It was a PK, the girl wey throw leg like that should be flogged and dropped...honestly the naija gals, are the worst team left in the round of 16
.oshiola is one overrated player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

JACKAL wrote:Ok, I have to say it..This ref is terrible. You can see she is very unsure of herself and made the calls for the bigger team.

Both Goals should not have been allowed. The first goal was an a clear offside.... the second is no Penalty....

She should have given us a penalty for the hand ball as a make up call in the last few minutes of the first half...she did not... She is just not a good ref...
Just like the penalty against us, I would also say the handball call would have been wrong too. If this is what soccer has become, it’s downright unwatchable
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:It was a PK, the girl wey throw leg like that should be flogged and dropped...honestly the naija gals, are the worst team left in the round of 16
.oshiola is one overrated player
Look man. You’re under pressure. The ball is loose in your box. i have EVERY CONFIDENCE she went for the ball.
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

deanotito wrote:I can safely say I’ve never seen an award like that in my life.

BUT let’s face it, our girls can’t play ball. They can’t string passes, have no ball players in
Midfield...on and on and on. We can support, but this is just not how a team should play.
It was a clear penalty.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:

In your eagerness, you didn’t read what you just posted. We know what a foul is. See my analogy above and give an answer
Did you actually read page 9 and 26 or are you on auto feeling induced argument.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Kicking the ball and INCIDENTALLY hitting someone's knee in the process is NEVER "dangerous play" when the feet was barely knee high... My only problem with Evelyn was losing the ball in the first instance.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:

Kicking the ball and INCIDENTALLY hitting someone's knee in the process is NEVER "dangerous play" when the feet was barely knee high... My only problem with Evelyn was losing the ball in the first instance.
EXACTLY. It’s like people don’t know what dangerous play is. I have used an analogy on the first page, and I hope those that are arguing in favor of that being a penalty would chime in on my analogy. Soccer is a contact sport, for the love of grace
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:
Gotti wrote:The first goal was a BIGGER travesty... :veryangry:
Quite frankly, I can excuse the first. Would have been harsh to disallow that goal. The 2nd? Naah
No harsher than awarding the PK...
#9 was standing directly in the GK's line of vision in an OFFSIDE position, which is textbook interference.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:Let me give this analogy. If it was a corner against Nigeria, and a Nigerian and German jumped up trying to head the ball, and instead of heading a ball, the Nigerian player mistakenly headed the German player in the head (A VERY COMMON OCCURENCE), would that be a penalty? Have you ever seen such nonsense given??
That is not a penalty but if the Player A was going for the ball and you flew in and head butt them, then yes it’s a dangerous play and foul. Key point is jumping up to head and jumping into one.

She could have cleared the ball forcefully and in controlled manner but no she swung recklessly and deservedly got penalized.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cito wrote:
deanotito wrote:Let me give this analogy. If it was a corner against Nigeria, and a Nigerian and German jumped up trying to head the ball, and instead of heading a ball, the Nigerian player mistakenly headed the German player in the head (A VERY COMMON OCCURENCE), would that be a penalty? Have you ever seen such nonsense given??
That is not a penalty but if the Player A was going for the ball and you flew in and head butt them, then yes it’s a dangerous play and foul. Key point is jumping up to head and jumping into one.

She could have cleared the ball forcefully and in controlled manner but no she swung recklessly and deservedly got penalized.

NONSENSE. She did not swing recklessly. She swung trying to clear a ball out of her box, and actually hit the ball. The ball was in view, and she went for it. If my header analogy is not a penalty, neither was this.
Last edited by deanotito on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Gotti wrote:The first goal was a BIGGER travesty... :veryangry:
Quite frankly, I can excuse the first. Would have been harsh to disallow that goal. The 2nd? Naah
No harsher than awarding the PK...
#9 was standing directly in the GK's line of vision in an OFFSIDE position, which is textbook interference.
Yes, but it depends on what you term interference. I can see both sides, but the keeper still had an opportunity to move and see what was going on. It would be another thing if the German attacker was physically in contact with our keeper while being off. Just going to be honest by saying were I the ref, I would have let the goal stand
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:
Cito wrote:

NONSENSE. She did not swing recklessly. She swung trying to clear a ball out of her box. The ball was in view, and she went for it. If my header analogy is not a penalty, neither was this.
Ok. I will take my FIFA rule supported nonsense over your ‘feeling’ induced one. Deal? :D
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cito wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Cito wrote:

NONSENSE. She did not swing recklessly. She swung trying to clear a ball out of her box. The ball was in view, and she went for it. If my header analogy is not a penalty, neither was this.
Ok. I will take my FIFA rule supported nonsense over your ‘feeling’ induced one. Deal? :D
Yeah, heading a player, no penalty. This one, penalty. FIFA rules (in fact, any rules) are meant to be interpreted in light of the context. Contextually, this was wrong. Just like the header penalty would be wrong. Even though technically, it meets the standard of a penalty set in the rule you quote.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:
Cito wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Cito wrote:

Yeah, heading a player, no penalty. This one, penalty. FIFA rules (in fact, any rules) are meant to be interpreted in light of the context. Contextually, this was wrong. Just like the header penalty would be wrong. Even though technically, it meets the standard of a penalty set in the rule you quote.
In a lot of challenges, contact is made with an opponent both before and after the ball is won. Whether it rises to the level of careless (or worse) usually depends on a number of things (and can depend on how/when the ball was won) - eg.

was the tackle inherently unsafe?
was the contact reasonably unavoidable as part of the challenge?
was the challenge made to win the ball
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

One big question I have is what’s “on frame”? These American commentators are so pompous they think they can introduce any jargon they please into football and make it stick :!:

Cheers.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Oguleftie wrote:

BUT let’s face it, our girls can’t play ball. They can’t string passes, have no ball players in
Midfield...on and on and on. We can support, but this is just not how a team should play.
It was a penalty.
:agree:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

camex wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

It was a penalty.
What else is new? Is there any decision against Nigeria you don’t agree with :?: :!:

Cheers.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
camex wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

It was a penalty.
What else is new? Is there any decision against Nigeria you don’t agree with :?: :!:

Cheers.
A player hit another on the leg in the penalty area but you question my opinion another occasion that I do not even recall
Why don't you focus on the issue at hand?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:Yes, but it depends on what you term interference. I can see both sides, but the keeper still had an opportunity to move and see what was going on. It would be another thing if the German attacker was physically in contact with our keeper while being off. Just going to be honest by saying were I the ref, I would have let the goal stand
She did NOT need to have touched the GK or the ball...
The rule is whether she was interfering with play, and by standing between the GK and the ball she was.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

They have consistently called the same as a pk throughout the tournament. It was called against SA versus Spain. It was called against Norway versus France. In fact, there was barely any contact for the Norway - France call and it was still called a pk.

Btw on Friday, Referees were instructed to stop giving GK yellow cards for moving during Penalty kicks. Now that one is not consistent.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.