Why no statements on SE bonus row?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why no statements on SE bonus row?

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:How come no one is discussing the ongoing bonus row in super eagles camp? What's up with silence?
When Pinnick was accused of 'buying' the footballing press, critics were accused of lying. Anyway, there is no Dalung to blame this time :taunt: :taunt:
Pinnick has the useless Nigerian media by the balls, his decision to rotate media jobs for the various national teams among them has left them scrambling for NFF's favour.
I am happy
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian, i dont have to kill myself hoping to see light in this self inflicted darkness due to being a Nigerian and unwavering desire that one day sanity will prevail. It looks as if madness has been sown into the fabrics of our nation, unfortunately there is nothing in my essence that can continue to live with this madness, it might cause me to lose my own sanity. Awon were!
Dean, you can't distance 'yourself from yourself'. :mrgreen:
We no force you to be a former SE player. :biggrin:

Na your problem oo, we na just fans we be. :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Well it is now out there officially:
Nigeria's players are in dispute with the country's football federation in the build-up to their Africa Cup of Nations match against Guinea.

None of the Super Eagles players has received allowances or a $10,000 bonus.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is hoping to prevent a strike before the match in Egypt on Wednesday.

"My player [Ahmed Musa] couldn't attend the press conference today because they have a very important meeting," said coach Gernot Rohr.

"I just hope the situation can be resolved so we can focus on what we have in front of us."

The squad was an hour late for training on Tuesday and have not ruled out taking further action.

The financially stricken NFF, which receives its funding from the government, has denied it was responsible for the delay in paying the players' bonuses.

The BBC understands that the team, which has been together since early June, had received verbal assurances that they would be paid before the tournament kicked off this month.

.... read more at the link:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48761790

Can we just stop this nonsense?! Let's just stop participating in any sporting endeavour right now. Just stop it!! We are all tired of this rubbish! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian!
Uncle, please don't distance yourself. How will we survive one day without your involvement with Nigeria?

:???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :veryangry: :???:
I dont think Nigeria's survival has anything to do with me, sometimes i think you folks just like to be rude. I gave my own opinion you dont have to respond.
So uncle, you are the only one that has the right to have an opinion and respond to other people's post?

:???: :???: :???: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Na you sabi, leave me alone biko, i nor get time for ya wahala. There is enough wahala already.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian!
Uncle, please don't distance yourself. How will we survive one day without your involvement with Nigeria?

:???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :veryangry: :???:
I dont think Nigeria's survival has anything to do with me, sometimes i think you folks just like to be rude. I gave my own opinion you dont have to respond.
So uncle, you are the only one that has the right to have an opinion and respond to other people's post?

:???: :???: :???: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Na you sabi, leave me alone biko, i nor get time for ya wahala. There is enough wahala already.
I am confused now. Should I respond to your opinion or not?

:???: :???: :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The financially stricken NFF, which receives its funding from the government, has denied it was responsible for the delay in paying the players' bonuses.
So if it is not the NFF's responsibility? Who is responsible?

I thought Pinniki promised these kinds of issues were a thing of the past? The bobo had better sought this out A-double-S-AP or we will be calling for his head soon.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

oloye wrote:Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian, i dont have to kill myself hoping to see light in this self inflicted darkness due to being a Nigerian and unwavering desire that one day sanity will prevail. It looks as if madness has been sown into the fabrics of our nation, unfortunately there is nothing in my essence that can continue to live with this madness, it might cause me to lose my own sanity. Awon were!
Oloye trust me on this one from a professional stance - like most of us your specific personal frustrations about Nigeria serves a function in your emotional life hence there is no such thing as separating or distancing yourself from what basically constitutes majority of your neural pathways. In fact Nigeria’s dysfunctions probably informed your functions. Nigeria is a mirror held in front of you to remind you what you are and what not to be. You are only pissed because you are emotionally invested in it and can’t pull out or abandon your investment. More importantly however there is nobody else you would rather be than Nigerian and neither do most of us. if I was from Sweden And went I spent a month in Nigeria I probably remain there or kill myself after that. But the good news is that what we are going through as a developing nation is completely normal. This may not happen in our life time but until we attain a level of stability then we can talk of good governance. Right we are all over the place. There is nothing to govern
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the strike is off, 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The Falcons also had their own protest too. Na wah o NFF :curse:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Abuja (AFP) - Nigeria on Tuesday suspended a training strike over unpaid bonuses at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt following last-minute pleas by the country's football officials.

The team finally agreed to train in Alexandria, 30 minutes after schedule, after the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) promised to pay a win bonus from their 1-0 victory over Burundi on Saturday, by the end of the week.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told AFP "the matter has been resolved", conceding that funds for the tournament had arrived late.

"The NFF received part of the money meant for the tournament today and is in the process of converting it to dollars to pay the players and officials", he said.

"The only money they’re owed is the win-bonus for the Burundi match", he added.

The bonuses were expected to be paid by the NFF after Saturday's game ended.

Officials close to the team, who spoke under anonymity, told AFP that following reassurances from the NFF "the team captain spoke to the players, asking them to show some understanding after which the team agreed to train".

The players had earlier boycotted the official pre-match conference.

Other NFF officials disclosed that the players have been paid a daily training allowance of $200-a-player from June 2 to June 30.

Nigeria's top football body -- cash strapped and besieged by corruption trials against its top officials -- have struggled to pay athletes their bonuses and allowances at several tournaments.

Both the women's senior team at the Women’s World Cup in France and the men's FIFA U20 World Cup team in Poland also embarked on pay strikes to press for their entitlements.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nigeria-ca ... --sow.html
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Illness, bonus rows what ever next, the two missed tournaments saved the NFF the embarrassment, so you mean to tell me that after all those Nike shirts sold last summer the NFF can’t go about paying simple allowances and bonuses?Why are the players playing payed during tournaments?Why are amateurs (NFF officials) working with professional footballers? 2019 and Nigeria is still a baby!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Illness, bonus rows what ever next, the two missed tournaments saved the NFF the embarrassment, so you mean to tell me that after all those Nike shirts sold last summer the NFF can’t go about paying simple allowances and bonuses?Why are the players playing payed during tournaments?Why are amateurs (NFF officials) working with professional footballers? 2019 and Nigeria is still a baby!
Baba calm down and read what they say is going on. I think ultimately the NFF have to take responsibility but the FG via the minister is making life difficult for the NFF.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ugbowo wrote:Alright I’ve been “shouting” on twitter about this row. To me, based on what’s been happening the last few weeks, this row is a manufactured one by the NFF itself. They have asked the players to do this to force the FG to act.

This matter has been brewing. The NFF asked for supplemental dollars from the FG for both the Falcons and the SE. it’s been approved for weeks but the FG has been dribbling the NFF on when the money will be released. Last week they got assurances that it’ll be today. Money no show as promised.

NFF has been scrambling. Infighting with the FG sabotaging sponsorship deals and plenty of competitions to prepare for. Falcons did their own before their departure. That was enough shame for them.

The officials are FED up. So all I will say is the players and this NFF are very cozy. Don’t be surprised if this is being done at the request of the NFF.
So FG should fund NFF but should not 'interfere' in the running of NFF? Ok now! FIFA should bail them out. Nonsense.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Mannnn....Our SE is being used as a pawn in a game of chicken between NFF and FG

Osasu Obayiuwana of the BBC has been following this money issue for weeks. He has been counting down days without FG approved cash for about a month or so now. He reported last week that the NFF had finally been given assurances by the FG that the money will land no later than today. This was money for both Falcons and SE.

Now keep in mind all the other commitments various National teams have had and the preparations involved. I'm mentioning this to those who will say the NFF should have all that sponsorship money. There is also the angle of deliberate sabotaging from the Dalung led faction of the FG to both SE sponsors and the FG itself. Amaju's perceived arrogance has made things extremely worse as he has refused to cowtail numerous times to a lot of ppl and they basically want to show him pepper. They have been dribbling the NFF on when to expect that money. Meanwhile NFF are bleeding dry. Look at the Falcons debacle a few days ago.

Osasu just reported that today's strike was about the winning bonus for the Burundi game played on Saturday. Ask yourselves in the history of striking in the national team, when has a strike ever occurred over 1 missed payment for a game played 3 days before? The players dont give a hoot about one missed payment. They know exactly whats's going on. NFF's pfficial explanation is that the money arrived today but the players want to be paid in dollars so it'll take time to convert it. That's a bunch of B.S. They dont have the money yet and are pilling on the pressure for the money to get released.

What i would really hate is if they end up not training today. That'll be incredibly stupid for all parties involved.
When you have idiots in govt, who have no clue about the 'soft-power' the SEagles & SFalcons brands provide Nigeria, they put personal issues above national interest...
Why should FG provide money to an organisation that it has ZERO control over?

NFF should go to FIFA and collect money. Thought NFF desire 'INDEPENDENCE'!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robbynice wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Illness, bonus rows what ever next, the two missed tournaments saved the NFF the embarrassment, so you mean to tell me that after all those Nike shirts sold last summer the NFF can’t go about paying simple allowances and bonuses?Why are the players playing payed during tournaments?Why are amateurs (NFF officials) working with professional footballers? 2019 and Nigeria is still a baby!
Baba calm down and read what they say is going on. I think ultimately the NFF have to take responsibility but the FG via the minister is making life difficult for the NFF.
Ok,I apologise for my anger but this śhīt needs to stop, football is what unites Nigerians world wide it hurts when external forces within the country bring their ugly corrupt Nigerian backwards bait (obvious) politics into the game we love!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Robbynice wrote:
How? Is the Minister a signatory to the NFF account?

You dont want minister (FG) to 'interfere' but you want them to give you money. Who does such?

NFF will enter for every football tournament (age grade. beach football etc) and they expect the FG who has no input or control over their activities to foot the bill!

FIFA says NFF is independent. If they need money they should go to FIFA.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wanaj0 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Mannnn....Our SE is being used as a pawn in a game of chicken between NFF and FG

Osasu Obayiuwana of the BBC has been following this money issue for weeks. He has been counting down days without FG approved cash for about a month or so now. He reported last week that the NFF had finally been given assurances by the FG that the money will land no later than today. This was money for both Falcons and SE.

Now keep in mind all the other commitments various National teams have had and the preparations involved. I'm mentioning this to those who will say the NFF should have all that sponsorship money. There is also the angle of deliberate sabotaging from the Dalung led faction of the FG to both SE sponsors and the FG itself. Amaju's perceived arrogance has made things extremely worse as he has refused to cowtail numerous times to a lot of ppl and they basically want to show him pepper. They have been dribbling the NFF on when to expect that money. Meanwhile NFF are bleeding dry. Look at the Falcons debacle a few days ago.

Osasu just reported that today's strike was about the winning bonus for the Burundi game played on Saturday. Ask yourselves in the history of striking in the national team, when has a strike ever occurred over 1 missed payment for a game played 3 days before? The players dont give a hoot about one missed payment. They know exactly whats's going on. NFF's pfficial explanation is that the money arrived today but the players want to be paid in dollars so it'll take time to convert it. That's a bunch of B.S. They dont have the money yet and are pilling on the pressure for the money to get released.

What i would really hate is if they end up not training today. That'll be incredibly stupid for all parties involved.
When you have idiots in govt, who have no clue about the 'soft-power' the SEagles & SFalcons brands provide Nigeria, they put personal issues above national interest...
Why should FG provide money to an organisation that it has ZERO control over?

NFF should go to FIFA and collect money. Thought NFF desire 'INDEPENDENCE'!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

wanaj0 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

You dont want minister (FG) to 'interfere' but you want them to give you money. Who does such?

NFF will enter for every football tournament (age grade. beach football etc) and they expect the FG who has no input or control over their activities to foot the bill!

Hmmmm I see what you did there...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

wanaj0 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

The only disagreement I have is the FG doesn't foot every bill. I think Pinnick said the NFF was 60% self sufficient but he may have been generous.

NFF paid for camping of 3 National teams this summer as well as the U15 guys to Japan.

Also, the nervousness of current sponsors due to the long going infighting has stemmed the free flow of funds. There has also been some "accounting" issues with the NFF itself. There's the ongoing publicity stunt EFCC case launched against Pinnick and some members of his staff. They have been trying to take them down and it's making the sponsors nervous. Who are the they? Well who is known for using EFCC to fight their opponents??

If the FG never wanted to help, why even approve the money in the first place??
They approved $8.5M for SE and $3.2M for Falcons strictly for bonuses of players and staff.
Make money come na, na wahala.

They (NFF) have been using Osasu as their mouthpiece for a month or so now.

https://twitter.com/osasuo/status/1141019503079432194
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wanaj0 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Alright I’ve been “shouting” on twitter about this row. To me, based on what’s been happening the last few weeks, this row is a manufactured one by the NFF itself. They have asked the players to do this to force the FG to act.

This matter has been brewing. The NFF asked for supplemental dollars from the FG for both the Falcons and the SE. it’s been approved for weeks but the FG has been dribbling the NFF on when the money will be released. Last week they got assurances that it’ll be today. Money no show as promised.

NFF has been scrambling. Infighting with the FG sabotaging sponsorship deals and plenty of competitions to prepare for. Falcons did their own before their departure. That was enough shame for them.

The officials are FED up. So all I will say is the players and this NFF are very cozy. Don’t be surprised if this is being done at the request of the NFF.
So FG should fund NFF but should not 'interfere' in the running of NFF? Ok now! FIFA should bail them out. Nonsense.
wanajO,

I hope you realize that the English FA receives money from the government? The fact that the state supports the football federation is not strange. It does not require interference, either. In the USA, the government funds several grants to the universities and yet do not interfere.

Thus, your assumption that funding should automatically mean interference is a bit of a reach. What the FG should insist on is simply that the NFF use an independent auditor to monitor its books and insist on accountability that should result from such audits. But to directly interfere on day to day basis, as the state intends in Nigeria, can be a problem.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

wanajO,

I hope you realize that the English FA receives money from the government? The fact that the state supports the football federation is not strange. It does not require interference, either. In the USA, the government funds several grants to the universities and yet do not interfere.

Thus, your assumption that funding should automatically mean interference is a bit of a reach. What the FG should insist on is simply that the NFF use an independent auditor to monitor its books and insist on accountability that should result from such audits. But to directly interfere on day to day basis, as the state intends in Nigeria, can be a problem.
Sorry if I FUND you (you depend on my money to run) then I must have CONTROL over what you do. You must submit your budget for my approval, approve your CEO etc. I am the one PAYING!

If I only give you gifts/donations (you can run without my money) then you don't really need me.

You want to collect money from me and then have no say in what you do?

How much of the English FA expenditure comes from Government purse?

NFF is NOT entitled to money from FG. They should collect money from FIFA since they are ONLY answerable to FIFA! Once you FEEL entitled then you lose your independence.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

At least for once, we cannot blame the white man or VAR for the usual money madness, when they finally bring the money in large suitcases, the players will lose focus again and not perform to expectations! talk about a hopeless bunch of incompetent NFF!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Oloye trust me on this one from a professional stance - like most of us your specific personal frustrations about Nigeria serves a function in your emotional life hence there is no such thing as separating or distancing yourself from what basically constitutes majority of your neural pathways. In fact Nigeria’s dysfunctions probably informed your functions. Nigeria is a mirror held in front of you to remind you what you are and what not to be. You are only pissed because you are emotionally invested in it and can’t pull out or abandon your investment. More importantly however there is nobody else you would rather be than Nigerian and neither do most of us. if I was from Sweden And went I spent a month in Nigeria I probably remain there or kill myself after that. But the good news is that what we are going through as a developing nation is completely normal. This may not happen in our life time but until we attain a level of stability then we can talk of good governance. Right we are all over the place. There is nothing to govern
I kind of agree with this POV.
This kind of issue is commonplace - and far too commonplace to conclude it is restricted to 'those' people and not to be found amongst 'us'.
We are a function of our 'neuro-pathways' as Jette1 puts it, which are dynamic and therefore subject to both natural and nurtural influences.
My guess is the majority of us here have these very 'Nigerian' traits we are so critical of. I have dealt with far too many of my country-people displaying peculiar behaviour for me to conclude that it is not endemic.
Good people, upright people, well-educated people....

There is no reason to believe we are not ourselves reflective of the Nigerians we find so unacceptably incompetent and dishonest.

One of our CE members is right now going through a terrible time with a Nigerian private corporate body that is trying to f@kk him over. These people are individually good, honest, educated people (I know some of them personally) but there is something in the Nigerian water that has turned them into the 'typical' Nigerian.

Its baffling. Pinnick or Keshi or Dalung are not 'evil' people; they are just typical Nigerians, much like the overwhelming majority of us here.

Mirror, mirror.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "