Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ighalo

Post by muzines »

I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.
Last edited by muzines on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ighalo

Post by theYemster »

The fact that he scored the winner in the last game made him go from confident to overconfident. He enjoyed being the hero.

I still maintain my position that he's better off coming off the bench. It keeps him hungry.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

vancity eagle wrote:that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.
I didn't say for Onuachu.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Osimhen should be in the mix.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Thank God we won, else he might have received some more slander...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

That was just bad. He claims he didn’t see Musa but that’s hard to believe. The choice he made was so bad that it’s almost as if he hated Musa. Scoring from that angle is next to impossible
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Bench him ?

If he’s going to do that, then we might as well play 10 against 11. That was just scandalous.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

deanotito wrote:That was just bad. He claims he didn’t see Musa but that’s hard to believe. The choice he made was so bad that it’s almost as if he hated Musa. Scoring from that angle is next to impossible
There is no way in hell he didn’t see him. If he didn’t see him - that’s even more reason to bench him, because he obviously needs glasses.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

muzines wrote:I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.

Musa also set him up brilliantly in the first half, but he fluffed his lines.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:Osimhen should be in the mix.

Osimhen is the Super Eagles joker. At some point in this tournament, he will come off the bench and make the difference.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ighalo should be benched vs the Cartoon nation
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Ighalo is adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. He has some really good attributes (with some detriments), and Nigeria can certainly win the AFCON with him. I don't really see it at all with Onuachu. there are benefits to having someone with his physical gifts, but I just don't think he is very talented.

We really need Oshimen to fulfill his potential and Iheanacho to wake up from the dead. The strikers are the weakest part of a fairly strong squad at this point.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

olumide wrote:Ighalo is adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. He has some really good attributes (with some detriments), and Nigeria can certainly win the AFCON with him. I don't really see it at all with Onuachu. there are benefits to having someone with his physical gifts, but I just don't think he is very talented.

We really need Oshimen to fulfill his potential and Iheanacho to wake up from the dead. The strikers are the weakest part of a fairly strong squad at this point.
Have you seen the Goalkeeper? :shock: :shock: :shock:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bench him ?

I agree. Ighalo is still our best striker by a mile even with his stupidity today. At least until Osimehn fulfills his potential.
Last edited by green4life on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah that should have been a goal. Ighalo selfishness cost us a goal there.
I hope Rohr reads him the riot act.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

muzines wrote:I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

Yes, that was bad. But he did have a good game. Dude troubled the heck out of the 2 Guinean central defenders so much so both picked up cards defending him.

His hold up play is second to none. Strong on the ball and with one of the best first touches in traffic of any of our strikers.

He also worked his socks off.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:Osimhen should be in the mix.

Hope Osimhen gets to start against a team we don't need the match to top our group. Problem go dey if he scores multiple goals...

But Ighalo is still our best striker as a lone striker. You have to appreciate the work he puts in. Very very strong on the ball and his runs are a beauty to behold.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:

Bench him ?

I agree. Ighalo is still our best striker by a mile even with his stupidity today. At least until Osimehn fulfills his potential.
He has to play before he can fulfill it. Thankfully having qualified and looking all but sure to top the group, it might give Rohr the confidence to try him (and Onyekuru,, and Ezenwa) against Madagascar.

That said, I disagree that Ighalo is our best striker. He's out best targetman when mixing it up with physical defenders, and he is the best at playing with his back to goal and holding up play, however Osimhen is more clinical, and versatile. Heck even Musa when played up front, is more clinical than Ighalo who doesn't even pack a punch in his shots.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Certainly, Ighalo was selfish or very stupid in that moment. Had he crossed the ball, we probably would have scored a goal. I hope he will watch the game and make correction(s).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:

Bench him ?

He has to play before he can fulfill it. Thankfully having qualified and looking all but sure to top the group, it might give Rohr the confidence to try him (and Onyekuru,, and Ezenwa) against Madagascar.

That said, I disagree that Ighalo is our best striker. He's out best targetman when mixing it up with physical defenders, and he is the best at playing with his back to goal and holding up play, however Osimhen is more clinical, and versatile. Heck even Musa when played up front, is more clinical than Ighalo who doesn't even pack a punch in his shots.
I could’ve sworn that Ighalo scored a bundle of goals that qualified us for this ANC. Scoring is more important than the ferocity of the shot. That said, Ighalo reminds me of Giroud in that his goals are almost a bonus as the expectation is primarily on his overall play upfront with respect to bringing others in play and creating spaces for midfielders to exploit either through passing or shooting through his movement, workrate and holdup play. He will chip in with goals but that’s a small piece of what he does compared to the comprehensive view.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:

Yes, that was bad. But he did have a good game. Dude troubled the heck out of the 2 Guinean central defenders so much so both picked up cards defending him.

His hold up play is second to none. Strong on the ball and with one of the best first touches in traffic of any of our strikers.

He also worked his socks off.
Uncle, what exactly is this hold up play? I didnt see no gaddem hold up play.

Btw, I don't have any problem with his decision to take that shot if he thought he had an opening to shoot at. Just because Musa seemed wide open on TV replay doesn't mean he appeared so to Ighalo in real time. And it doesnt mean the ball would have gotten to Musa without either of the Guinea defender intercepting it. Afterall, he did drop similar pas to Musa and he scuffed it.

BTW, they didnt get the yellow because of how he was troubling them. They got it because they fouled him hard! He didnt have a good game today, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TWO REASONS IGHALO MAY NOT HAVE PASSED (AS I SAW IT)

1) With Guinean defenders swarming the box, a pass to Musa may have been intercepted.
2) Go back to the tape: a pass to Musa could have resulted in an offside infraction.
Bell