Against Madagascar

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Against Madagascar

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.

---------------------------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Aina------------------------Ekong----------------------Omeruo-----------------------------------Collins------------------------

------------------------Mikel----------------------Iwobi----------------------Ndidi----------------------------------------

------------Chukwuze--------------------------------Osimhen---------------------Onyekuru------------------------------------

Ighalo and Kalu can come in as subs. Musa,and Etebo are on a yellow card.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Against Madagascar

Post by 1naija »

Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.

---------------------------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Aina------------------------Ekong----------------------Omeruo-----------------------------------Collins------------------------

------------------------Mikel----------------------Iwobi----------------------Ndidi----------------------------------------

------------Chukwuze--------------------------------Osimhen---------------------Onyekuru------------------------------------

Ndidi should be rested, what is ogu doing there on the bench as a cheerleader, time for him to play.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.
:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

ohenhen1 wrote:We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.

They need to rest some key players like Ndidi and bring in Kalu, Chukweze and Onyekuru.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...too much resting (even if na for one match) creates complacency. Allow continuity unless safe for injury risk.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We must play our best team because we haven't played to our true potential and we haven't won our group.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.
You dont use a tournament to have players show you what they have.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:

TEAM COHESION IS GREAT, BUT...

…I'd put the health of important first team players above that.
Bell
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mystic wrote:The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.

The return of :thumbs: Samuel kalu to the left wing and :thumbs: chukwueze on the right, With any decent striker ighalo/onuachu/osimhen and the SE is winning the nations cup. I just hope daft rohr is not stuck on stupid and really believing Moses Simon deserves to start for SE.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nigeria is potentially looking at a 7 match tournament (2 down, 5 to go).
Thus, it is imparative that the squad utilizes its depth - meaning all available reasources are ready to be deployed without skipping a beat. Good thing about this squad is that they seem to be deep in personnel.

The likes of Ndidi, Etebo, Omeruo, Ola Aina have played 2 full games and should be rested. Excluding Akpeyi, as he needs game time to build his confidence.
Players like Balogun, Troost, Chukwueze, Mikel, Simon, Awaziem, Onuachu Musa and Iwobi have played 1+ games so far.
Onyekuru, Kalu, Osimhen, Collins and Ogu are yet to feature or touch the ball.

That being said, Nigeria can confidently field the following and take care of business against the Madagascans on Sunday, without necessarily breaking a sweat:

4-3-3: Akpeyi - Awaziem, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Collins - Mikel, Iwobi, Ogu - Simon/Kalu, Chukwueze/Onyekuru, Osimhen/Onuachu.
3-5-2: Akpeyi - Awaziem, Balogun, Troost-Ekong - Simon/Kalu, Iwobi, Mikel, Ogu, Collins - Onuachu/Osimhen, Musa/Onyekuru

Rohr has the luxury of playing a relatively fresh squad against Madagascar without the SE skipping a beat. This team has more than enough depth to pickup all three points in this match.
Key thing is: player management. Hopefully, Rohr fully understands the need to keep the players fresh!.
mystic wrote:The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Otitokoro wrote:
That being said, Nigeria can confidently field the following and take care of business against the Madagascans on Sunday, without necessarily breaking a sweat:
What's the basis of this statement? You must have not watched the Madagascar vs Guinea game . They are as good as Guinea. Unless you are suggesting we did not break a sweat against Guinea.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

9jaMan wrote:

The return of :thumbs: Samuel kalu to the left wing and :thumbs: chukwueze on the right, With any decent striker ighalo/onuachu/osimhen and the SE is winning the nations cup. I just hope daft rohr is not stuck on stupid and really believing Moses Simon deserves to start for SE.

:rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Madagascar will still have something to play for as 3 teams can potentially qualify so I wouldn’t change too much but obviously anyone on a card should be rested and I totally agree those that feel sick earlier may need a rest along with anyone carrying a knock or injury so I looks like nature will pick the team as there a lot of reasons to try some new faces!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bell wrote:
1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:

TEAM COHESION IS GREAT, BUT...

I'd put the health of important first team players above that.
Bell
Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

My problem with Madagascar.....is that Rohr play

Akpeyi

Omeruo....Balogun....Ekong.....Aina

Ogu.....Mikel

....Iwobi

Samu....Oshimen....Onyekuru

And we hammer them then the next game....Ogu starts instead of Ndidi or he plays Collins on the left and then Collins retains his place.

Aina is not a great RWB/RB but is a great LWB....

We will lose a lot if he is moved to accommodate Collins or to cover the RB position
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Synopsis wrote:We must play our best team because we haven't played to our true potential and we haven't won our group.
To an extent but I certainly will understand the benching of players who are on yellow cards. You do not want to lose them when the second phase of the tournament begins (unless the tournament rule expunges all yellow cards when going into the next phase). It will be foolhardy to do so.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

On the mark
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the tournament is one whole month
what's this about resting players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!
They are? I am not watching but isn't the game 0-0 at halftime? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!
See logic :rotf: