Nigeria v Madagascar Line-up

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria v Madagascar Line-up

Post by Dammy »

Super Eagles Lineup For Madagascar – Omeruo, Musa, Etebo, Simon OUT ; Kalu, Ekong IN
June 29, 2019

Barring a last minute change of mind, coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has made four changes to his lineup for their final group game against Madagascar, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.
The duo of Ahmed Musa and Oghenekaro Etebo are out due to accumulated bookings for the tie. Meaning captain Obi Mikel will return to the midfield with Samuel Chukwueze ‎set to step in for Ahmed Musa.
In defence, Kenneth Omeruo has been informed by the coach that he won’t be considered for the game against Madagascar as he will be given a rest after playing the full duration of the two games they’ve played so far in the tournament.
Omeruo has emerged as one of the first pick at centre back and will return for the round of 16 but for the game against Madagascar, Rohr has decided to revert to the “Oyibo Wall” partnership of William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun.
Despite his impressive performance against Guinea, Moses Simon has been given a rest by Rohr for the final group game with the fit again Samuel Kalu set to start in his place after making a full recovery from the issue that made him slump during the training of the team on the eve of their first group game against Burundi.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/29/s ... -ekong-in/
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Madagascar Line-up

Post by ANC »

Impressive performance by Moses? :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ANC wrote:Impressive performance by Moses? :lol:

It was.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I can’t understand all the hatred towards Simon Big Daddy Moses. He scores he is a threat from set pieces had an assist in our last game yet gets a lot of bad press. I can understand hating a player that is a waste pipe but Moses????
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

As if they are talking to blind folks. Simon was the reason the eagles looked like the falcons. It should be a crime for Simon to start any SE game when kalu, onyekuru, chukwueze are in the squad. Rohr clearly favors Simon for some other reasons not football related.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

9jaMan wrote:

As if they are talking to blind folks. Simon was the reason the eagles looked like the falcons. It should be a crime for Simon to start any SE game when kalu, onyekuru, chukwueze are in the squad. Rohr clearly favors Simon for some other reasons not football related.
So you are saying he didn’t provide the assist for the only goal we scored in our last match?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

So you are saying he didn’t provide the assist for the only goal we scored in our last match?

A corner kick assist? :rotf: :rotf: . You guys love mediocrity and lack ambition
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

No mind them,They seem to forget that he is the best crosser in the team.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Simon did ok.
He was asked to play almost as wingback to support Awaziem and he did the job admirably. What is more impressive is if you look at his heat map, he was Victor Moses-esque (the Chelsea vintage under Conte) in how much of the entire flank he covered. He took up both more defensive and more offensive positions than both Musa and Iwobi.
But...
He’s final product is just not good. He has no variety and little guile and his final ball is woeful. The goal came from his only decent set-piece delivery; the rest were mostly wasted.
So I get why he’s in the team and think he has a role to play. And if we ever play wing-backs, I’d vote for him and Aina. But he’s a downgrade on Chukwueze, Kalu and Musa as an attacking wide player.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Akpeyi
Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Ighalo,Kalu
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

A corner kick assist? :rotf: :rotf: . You guys love mediocrity and lack ambition
If you don’t know set-pieces is a major weapon used by advanced teams to defeat smaller teams that park the bus. They devout hours perfecting the art it in training. I remember years gone by Nigeria winning 12 corner kicks in a game and not coming close to scoring. You state the assist was mediocre but it resulted in the only goal. So if he didn’t play that game would have ended 0-0.

I heard so much about this Young kid playing in Spain but how many assists did he provide against Burundi ? Iwobi gave him a chance on a plate in the 18 and he blazed the ball high over the bar.Had that same chance been given Moses it would have ended in the back of the net. I am all for calling player out but you have to fair in your assessment. Moses scores more goals than Ighalo during the last World Cup qualification campaign.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

waka-man wrote:Simon did ok.
He was asked to play almost as wingback to support Awaziem and he did the job admirably. What is more impressive is if you look at his heat map, he was Victor Moses-esque (the Chelsea vintage under Conte) in how much of the entire flank he covered. He took up both more defensive and more offensive positions than both Musa and Iwobi.
But...
He’s final product is just not good. He has no variety and little guile and his final ball is woeful. The goal came from his only decent set-piece delivery; the rest were mostly wasted.
So I get why he’s in the team and think he has a role to play. And if we ever play wing-backs, I’d vote for him and Aina. But he’s a downgrade on Chukwueze, Kalu and Musa as an attacking wide player.
He played very well against Guinea, especially supporting Awaziem to nullify the threat of Kamano.
His offensive game is not as good as Kalu's, who also offers defensive solidity. Moses is a good player, Kalu is an upgrade.
I am happy
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

If you don’t know set-pieces is a major weapon used by advanced teams to defeat smaller teams that park the bus. They devout hours perfecting the art it in training. I remember years gone by Nigeria winning 12 corner kicks in a game and not coming close to scoring. You state the assist was mediocre but it resulted in the only goal. So if he didn’t play that game would have ended 0-0.

I heard so much about this Young kid playing in Spain but how many assists did he provide against Burundi ? Iwobi gave him a chance on a plate in the 18 and he blazed the ball high over the bar.Had that same chance been given Moses it would have ended in the back of the net. I am all for calling player out but you have to fair in your assessment. Moses scores more goals than Ighalo during the last World Cup qualification campaign.

If Simon did not play, the SE could have won with two or three goals. With Simon playing the SE needed a defender to score the only goal, because the SE attack was weakened. Simon is an ok player but not needed in the SE when we have players like kalu, chukwueze and onyekuru. In the first game chukwueze ran rings around Burundi’s defense and when the goal came for ighalo the defenders were too tired to react. I can’t really help you if you’re stuck on appreciating mediocre players. Goodluck with dat
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Of course this should count as unpopular opinion, but Simon Moses has more end product than our much glorified Chukwueze.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chukwuze playing for Vilareal against Barca had good end product. The young man lacks experience. Will only get better. Higher ceiling than Moses Simon.

Nigerian needs an X factor player like Chuckwuze to win Afcon. Just like in 2013 when we had V Moses terrorizing the opposition.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

If Simon did not play, the SE could have won with two or three goals. With Simon playing the SE needed a defender to score the only goal, because the SE attack was weakened. Simon is an ok player but not needed in the SE when we have players like kalu, chukwueze and onyekuru. In the first game chukwueze ran rings around Burundi’s defense and when the goal came for ighalo the defenders were too tired to react. I can’t really help you if you’re stuck on appreciating mediocre players. Goodluck with dat
Well Simon is not playing in the next game so let’s see if the Eagles will score the two or three goals in his absence just like they scored two or 3 against Burundi.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:Akpeyi
Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Ighalo,Kalu
Isn't it too early to release your line up?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Well Simon is not playing in the next game so let’s see if the Eagles will score the two or three goals in his absence just like they scored two or 3 against Burundi.
If Rohr had played your son, you would still have complained that he was subbed or played out of position. Nothing will ever satisfy the IKCC (Internet Keyboard Certified Coaches)
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If I can make sense of this story, the line-up will look something like this:

**********************************Ighalo*********************************

**************Chukwueze********************Onyekuru***************

***********************************Iwobi*********************************

******************Mikel*************************Ndidi*******************

***Aina************Balogun*************Ekong**********Awaziem***

***************************************Ezenwa***************************
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

I dunno what you are going on about, but Simon is the one that passed the ball to Ighalo when he selfishly refused to square to Musa. Blame strikers for us having to rely on a defender to score.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

I dunno what you are going on about, but Simon is the one that passed the ball to Ighalo when he selfishly refused to square to Musa. Blame strikers for us having to rely on a defender to score.
People just tend to form an opinion and stick with it come what may.
See how after all the shameless abuse thrown Musa's way, things seem to have relented (to a degree) in the last few months.
Moses Simon is now 'flavour of the month' until he too does something spectacular to shut them up.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Flex Swift wrote:I can’t understand all the hatred towards Simon Big Daddy Moses. He scores he is a threat from set pieces had an assist in our last game yet gets a lot of bad press. I can understand hating a player that is a waste pipe but Moses????
Because Nigerians are comparing him to Messi!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote:Of course this should count as unpopular opinion, but Simon Moses has more end product than our much glorified Chukwueze.
Too early to say. Chukwueze looks a special player, is very young and has only played a couple of games for his country. He will improve with age and experience. But even today, I will play him ahead of Simon Moses.

On the other hand, Onyekuru is not it and some of you will find out soon. Kalu is more or less same level as Simon but another player who doesn’t make the right choice of pass or shot. He will frustrate teammate and coaches. If we remember, Simon was a better player when they were both in the same club in Belgium until Simon got injured.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."