Videos: Pre-Madagascar match Press conference & more

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Videos: Pre-Madagascar match Press conference & more

Post by maceo4 »

Interesting he won't risk Collins injury yet, maybe in the next round. From Rohrs answer I get the feeling both Shehu and Collins might be out of the competition completely.

[/video]
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Video: Pre-Madagascar match Press conference

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:Interesting he won't risk Collins injury yet, maybe in the next round. From Rohrs answer I get the feeling both Shehu and Collins might be out of the competition completely.

[/video]
I like the mindset of this team. Rohr has done a lot instilling a willing mentality in the team. They believe they are the best team in the tournaments and can beat any team the face. Fantastic mindset!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Videos: Pre-Madagascar match Press conference & more

Post by maceo4 »

Training session:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Preview of upcoming players back story video:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Interesting he won't risk Collins injury yet, maybe in the next round. From Rohrs answer I get the feeling both Shehu and Collins might be out of the competition completely.

[/video]
I like the mindset of this team. Rohr has done a lot instilling a willing mentality in the team. They believe they are the best team in the tournaments and can beat any team the face. Fantastic mindset!!
if you meant winning mentality, then please shooosh! Rohr instill what??!! Nigerians always have the winning mentality and arrogance! Rohr that is going to every tournament to learn like a 12 year old who refuses to pass common entrance. hisss
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Maceo4,

Hey, great videos to post!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Musa should stay away from microphones; he is just not articulate
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

jette1 wrote:Musa should stay away from microphones; he is just not articulate
Shut up! At least someone wants to hear what he has to say. When was the last time anyone asked you to clean a mic, talk less of place it for you to talk
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What exactly do you mean? Why have you reached such a conclusion?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:Preview of upcoming players back story video:

[/video]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love this video.
The human angle is always a winner.
I will never insult Ighalo again.

So inspiring. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

[/video]
if you meant winning mentality, then please shooosh! Rohr instill what??!! Nigerians always have the winning mentality and arrogance! Rohr that is going to every tournament to learn like a 12 year old who refuses to pass common entrance. hisss
Problem with you is that you are stuck on repeat.
It detracts from - if not totally destroys - your otherwise intelligent contributions.

Just relax and enjoy. No harm in recognizing that you might have made a slightly wrong call in the past.
Nobody will insult you, ban you or arrest you. :idea:

Be above the typical Nigerian that sticks with his black point of view even when it is revealed to his surprise that he was wearing very dark glasses at the time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Jette is judging him by his northern accent, which is silly.
Transcribe what he has said, print and anonymise it and you'll find it is no different from what any other typical Nigerian footballer would say.

Same thing with Buhari's speeches, but the view down south is that his grasp of English is extremely poor.

Accent. That's the 'problem', as if our own accents are any 'better' to the neutral ear.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

He is not? I don't know about you but I understood 100% what he said. That is all the articulation that he needs. Fans sha...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
...too many idiiots in Nigeria on this forum.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
It is really a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I was impressed with his articulation, much improved from WorldCup, and very thoughtful with his words. He is now a leader in team. PPL should cut them some slack, most of them are not as educated as most on the forum.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

[/video]
It detracts from - if not totally destroys - your otherwise intelligent contributions.

Just relax and enjoy. No harm in recognizing that you might have made a slightly wrong call in the past.

Be above the typical Nigerian that sticks with his black point of view even when it is revealed to his surprise that he was wearing very dark glasses at the time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
First of, and most importantly, you do realize that I couldn't give a sh1t about any person on this forum or their opinion right? As in, once I log off cybereages, I forget that you guys exist.

Secondly, I am not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Rohr did not say he was going to the WC to learn and repeat something similar about the AFCON?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:I was impressed with his articulation, much improved from WorldCup, and very thoughtful with his words. He is now a leader in team. PPL should cut them some slack, most of them are not as educated as most on the forum.
KPOM. Actually, my respect for Musa rose several folds after listening to him take on those questions about the team. He was well aware of what the media could do and he handled the media like an experienced pro denying them fodder for developing an explosive negative story about the team. Thus, I am completely befuddled by what Jette1 was stating.

I doubt that Jette1 is referring to an accent because that does not make any sense. Each community (UK, USA, Nigeria, Germany, you name it) has an accent. So why would Musa not have an accent?
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

[/video]

First of, and most importantly, you do realize that I couldn't give a sh1t about any person on this forum or their opinion right? As in, once I log off cybereages, I forget that you guys exist.

Secondly, I am not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Rohr did not say he was going to the WC to learn and repeat something similar about the AFCON?
People here think so highly of themselves and their opinions. That's typical of Nigeria for you.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

[/video]

Uhm...I think that pretty much applies to everyone else on the forum. Don't get it twisted. Nobody remembers you exist outside CE either.
That's how it should be. :lol:
I am saying you are stuck on the "learning like a 12 year old" tip despite having it painfully explained to your 'unlearnable' brain that every young team and every young footballer continues to learn from games, leagues and tournaments.
And not - as you stubbornly insist - to the exclusion of everything else. :idea:

Its called 'experience' dude - something you tend to understand contextually, but only when it suits you.
You gerrit now? :taunt:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
:lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Secondly, I am not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Rohr did not say he was going to the WC to learnand repeat something similar about the AFCON?
I am saying you are stuck on the "learning like a 12 year old" tip despite having it explained to your 'unlearnable' brain that every young team and every young footballer continues to learn from games, leagues and tournaments.
Its called 'experience' dude - something you tend to understand contextually, but only when it suits you.
You gerrit now? :taunt:
If I am being honest with you, I actually do not get it. I now believe that we are talking about two completely different things.

1Naija claims that Rohr has given us a winning mentality and our players now "believe they are the best team in the tournaments and can beat any team." I disagreed with him, because as a Nigerian, I know who we are. We have always had a winning mentality and we have always had that arrogance--thinking we can beat any team, even Brazil and even in our worst moments, we still think we can beat anybody. So, to think that a white man has come to give us a mentality that we always had?? That I cannot accept.

To even make it worse, he is referring to a man who has FACTUALLY been afraid to say "we can beat anybody!" As in, LITERALLY! THE GUY WOULDNT EVEN SAY IT! Yet, he is the one who has given us that mentality??? In what world???!!