Ighalo Stats

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Ighalo Stats

Post by niyi »

1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar

1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Source:whoscored.com

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo Stats

Post by Tobi17 »

Meanwhile we have Onyekuru and Osimhen still wasting away on the bench... God dey sha.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Tobi17 wrote:Meanwhile we have Onyekuru and Osimhen still wasting away on the bench... God dey sha.

The daft clowns on CE say they have seen onyekuru play and are not sure Onyekuru that scores for fun in Europe can score against Mighty Madagascar.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mugus are having a convention :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Tobi17 wrote:Meanwhile we have Onyekuru and Osimhen still wasting away on the bench... God dey sha.
I hear they are misbehaving in camp.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

niyi wrote:1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar

1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results
I mentioned this on another post, for some strange reason he always positions himself side by side to the two central defenders and tries to control every single ball! committing lots of fouls in the process.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote:
niyi wrote:1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar

I mentioned this on another post, for some strange reason he always positions himself side by side to the two central defenders and tries to control every single ball! committing lots of fouls in the process.
He needs to learn from Jordan Ayew how to play the No 9 role, but then that's too much to expect from a 30 year old player playing in China... the likes of Awoniyi and Ihenacho need to start getting serious, cause we have a crisis.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

That heavy first touch eh
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Sir V wrote:
I hear they are misbehaving in camp.
That's the new conspiracy created by the coward and limited coach :lol:
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

Tobi17 wrote:
gochino wrote:

He needs to learn from Jordan Ayew how to play the No 9 role, but then that's too much to expect from a 30 year old player playing in China... the likes of Awoniyi and Ihenacho need to start getting serious, cause we have a crisis.
Ighalo is too set in his ways to change, the management has to recognise that and start planning for the future after the Nations Cup. We need more flexible and mobile options for the attack.
Wonder why Awoniyi hasn't gotten a look in so far, he did fairly well last season.
Iheanacho has talent but has derailed, hopefully there's still a way back for him. Needs to improve drastically on his all-round game as well as up his work-rate in general though, no room in modern football for luxury footballers no matter how skillful.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:
gochino wrote:

There should be newer and hungrier strikers in the near future, if we wait on Iheanacho to fix up then there’s something wrong with the way Nigeria (Africa’s most populated nation) is doing things!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Ighalo is playing near to his capacity, I can't fault his effort really. It's up to the other forwards to assert themselves and grab the starting spot. This is a position that over the years has seen the most amount of chopping and changing. The fact that no one has come close to displacing him over the last 3 years says a lot.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ighalo no be am
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Zelex wrote:Ighalo is playing near to his capacity, I can't fault his effort really. It's up to the other forwards to assert themselves and grab the starting spot. This is a position that over the years has seen the most amount of chopping and changing. The fact that no one has come close to displacing him over the last 3 years says a lot.
How many opportunities has Ighalo had and how have other strikers in that same position had???
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

9jaMan wrote:

The daft clowns on CE say they have seen onyekuru play and are not sure Onyekuru that scores for fun in Europe can score against Mighty Madagascar.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

gochino wrote:
Zelex wrote:Ighalo is playing near to his capacity, I can't fault his effort really. It's up to the other forwards to assert themselves and grab the starting spot. This is a position that over the years has seen the most amount of chopping and changing. The fact that no one has come close to displacing him over the last 3 years says a lot.
How many opportunities has Ighalo had and how have other strikers in that same position had???
As a striker when you play for the SE, you have to grab any little chance you have. You have to earn that opportunity, being a forward in the SE is brutal. Ighalo is no different, if I remember correctly, he was rightly dropped from the squad during 2016 as he wasn't performing to the standard required. That being said he has shown character and forced himself back into the squad since (he now has a record of 30 caps, 12 goals). One thing that gains him huge favour is his work ethic, constantly trying to make runs etc. I don't feel Ighalo is getting any preferential treatment. If there was genuinely an outright better option, he will be replaced. I'm not even a fan of Ighalo but if players such as Success, Iheanacho etc had half his determination, then Ighalo probably wouldn't even smell the SE team.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

:D
That's now 14 goals for Ighalo in the SE. As I've said, one can't fault his effort and determination.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Zelex wrote::D
That's now 14 goals for Ighalo in the SE. As I've said, one can't fault his effort and determination.
Can't argue against goals...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

A strikers job is to score.Ighalo scores and he occupies defenders
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bottomline, bobo still no be am
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

His name is Bighalo abeg the boy is good, till he messes up then I go abuse am again lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Thread Back fire
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Bottomline, bobo still no be am
:agree: