Akpeyi saved us...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Akpeyi saved us...

Post by Robbynice »

...Today. The massive save he made from what could have resulted in an own goal when we were down 1-2 was the difference between winning and losing today. Simply put Akpeyi made it count today. He is the undisputed one number goalkeeper of the team in Egypt. Thanks to you Akpeyi and the whole team for the massive victory today.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Akpeyi saved us...

Post by john12 »

Omo the bono is shaky period. He saves us but he could had easily gifted a free goal
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Robbynice wrote:...Today. The massive save he made from what could have resulted in an own goal when we were down 1-2 was the difference between winning and losing today. Simply put Akpeyi made it count today. He is the undisputed one number goalkeeper of the team in Egypt. Thanks to you Akpeyi and the whole team for the massive victory today.
comedy time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Real comedy.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Zelex wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine? :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Robbynice wrote:...Today. The massive save he made from what could have resulted in an own goal when we were down 1-2 was the difference between winning and losing today. Simply put Akpeyi made it count today. He is the undisputed one number goalkeeper of the team in Egypt. Thanks to you Akpeyi and the whole team for the massive victory today.
Preach brother.

Afterwards though, is there a way to cast the spirit of jitteriness from him. Man loves to ruin a good episode with some moves that makes one tinkle a little in their brief. I will give him a 6.5 rating for today. First goal he should have called out Omeruo. Second goal was in no way his fault.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He didn't save a damn thing.

Was shaky as hell once again.

one of the possible own goals came from his unawareness of a lofted ball, he misjudged it and looked like a lost child looking for his mother. The ball fell and I believe it was Troost who kicked the ball against Omeruo and it almost went in.

This all could have been avoided if AKpeyi just caught the ball instead of being a clueless buffoon.

Akpeyi is garbage abeg stop hyping this wastepipe.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cito wrote:
Preach brother.

Afterwards though, is there a way to cast the spirit of jitteriness from him. Man loves to ruin a good episode with some moves that makes one tinkle a little in their brief. I will give him a 6.5 rating for today. First goal he should have called out Omeruo. Second goal was in no way his fault.
That first goal was all Omeruo. His man beat him and that happen sometimes. But Akpeyi was not at fault on that goal today.

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
Cito wrote:
Preach brother.

That first goal was all Omeruo. His man beat him and that happen sometimes. But Akpeyi was not at fault on that goal today.
First goal was on Omeuro (and to a lesser extent Awaziem for allowing the cross), second goal was on a combination of Omeuro (missing the header he went in for), Aina being beaten for pace by Clinton Njie and shrugged off like a rag doll, and Akpereyi being beaten at the near post. Increasing order of culpability Omeuro, Akepyi, Aina.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

He did ok today but the ball simply hit him. Good reflex but that wasn't a save. Let's not call a spade a javelin.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ekorian wrote:
He did ok today but the ball simply hit him. Good reflex but that wasn't a save. Let's not call a spade a javelin.
Haba make una dey fear God for this forum. Isn't having good reflexes part of being a good goalkeeper. If it counted as a save then it is a save. It is not a bad thing to give credit to who credit is due you know

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Robbynice wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Haba make una dey fear God for this forum. Isn't having good reflexes part of being a good goalkeeper. If it counted as a save then it is a save. It is not a bad thing to give credit to who credit is due you know
Isn’t it sad how one can view an episode and assign praise using bias level.

The man spread himself big to prevent a sure goal and it was ‘ball hit him’. To some. Not good positioning, even reflexes is not assigned a negative connotation. My people hates that guy for sure.

I am a firm believer of we do not have any wastepipe wearing the color to rep our country. I don’t care if the coach called up Zebrudaya or Mr Ibru, they are Nigerians and not wastepipes or useless. One can say they are not the best we could have for sure.

That said, Akpeyi sometimes makes it hard for one not to curse and say things we shouldn't say. :D
Last edited by Cito on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

vancity eagle wrote:He didn't save a damn thing.

Was shaky as hell once again.

one of the possible own goals came from his unawareness of a lofted ball, he misjudged it and looked like a lost child looking for his mother. The ball fell and I believe it was Troost who kicked the ball against Omeruo and it almost went in.

This all could have been avoided if AKpeyi just caught the ball instead of being a clueless buffoon.

Akpeyi is garbage abeg stop hyping this wastepipe.
Quit being biased. The man made a reflex save to a sure goal bound deflection. Give him his due and then point out his madness. It’s not that hard.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cito wrote:
Preach brother.

First goal was on Omeuro (and to a lesser extent Awaziem for allowing the cross), second goal was on a combination of Omeuro (missing the header he went in for), Aina being beaten for pace by Clinton Njie and shrugged off like a rag doll, and Akpereyi being beaten at the near post. Increasing order of culpability Omeuro, Akepyi, Aina.
You forgot the man who did absolutely nothing on both goals. Ekong! He didn’t cover himself with glory all day today. No where to be found on any major incident. Always at the wrong end of the screen where he shouldn’t be. He was not up to the races at all today. Come to think of it. He has been this bad all competition.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is our best goalkeeper in the team. Hands down
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:He is our best goalkeeper in the team. Hands down
But we have no keepers in this team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Alison Becker would have saved both goals today. Enyeama too would have saved both goals.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Alison Becker would have saved both goals today. Enyeama too would have saved both goals.
You can say the same for our goals too...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

zee wrote:
comedy time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Robby stop this robbish
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

jdizzy wrote:
Robby stop this robbish
I lie?