EGY 0:1 SAF

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EGY 0:1 SAF

Post by ohenhen1 »

charlie wrote:I wont say the path to the final looks clearer at all. Souyh Africa will fancy their chances against us.

Anything can happen moving forward. Your best bet is to underestimate no one, and play each coming match like it's the last.

I agree especially with our defensive and goalkeeping problems. Nigeria is in for a battle against South Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Btw, that loss in the group stage was a true blessing in disguise.
Look what has happened to undefeated teams that haven't conceded. All knocked out.

Better to face adversity first in the group stages than in the knock out stage
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
oloye wrote:Suddenly the path to the final looks clearer
Hm!
Hmmm indeed. The SA team look very dangerous.
I am not undertaking them, but the team you know and have comparative advantage over is always a welcome one.
But I thought they have already thrashed Rohr's team before...............2-0 just like the Madagascar scoreline.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Samora Machel wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:We won with a 100% local coach too not a hired mercenary :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
We? :rotf: :rotf:

Oya let us see your passport, you this Zim chancer :lol:
I got both chief, my mom is a proud Xhosa woman. I can post my passport. True story :thumbs: :thumbs:
Samora my guy! This victory is sweeting me evin more than beating the Plantanians! Up Bafana! Let us find a drinking place--una still dey call am shebeen?--let us go and shaak! This is a happy day. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Up Bafana! :thumbs: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb: People in my neighborhood were wondering if the basketball Raptors won again, I was shouting so much. :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Egypt were rubbish from the first game, utterly clueless and bereft of ideas. This must be the worst Egypt team I have set my eyes upon, totally pathetic.

I don't know what burukutu I took when I rated them, as soon as I saw them against Zimbabwe, I knew the burukutu was a cheap one.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Its a party here in South Africa, very thrilled for the Bafana Bafana team
They played their socks off and the goal was a perfect execution of team work and crisp passing
I'm celebrating with Msanzi tonight :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

zee wrote:
oloye wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
oloye wrote:Suddenly the path to the final looks clearer
Hm!
Hmmm indeed. The SA team look very dangerous.
I am not undertaking them, but the team you know and have comparative advantage over is always a welcome one.
But I thought they have already thrashed Rohr's team before...............2-0 just like the Madagascar scoreline.
That is why I said comparative advantage which part of my narrative you nor understand :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:
charlie wrote:I wont say the path to the final looks clearer at all. Souyh Africa will fancy their chances against us.

Anything can happen moving forward. Your best bet is to underestimate no one, and play each coming match like it's the last.

I agree especially with our defensive and goalkeeping problems. Nigeria is in for a battle against South Africa.
Those guys can shoot from distance. Akpeyi plays in SA. Now Kongi need to start shaking.
Last edited by Cito on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

IT is a SA team that can ball & maqke splitting passes to score.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The Egyptians were utter rubbish. Can't believe how crap they were. Weldone SA. Should be a cracker.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

ohsee wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:We won with a 100% local coach too not a hired mercenary :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
We? :rotf: :rotf:

Oya let us see your passport, you this Zim chancer :lol:
I got both chief, my mom is a proud Xhosa woman. I can post my passport. True story :thumbs: :thumbs:
Samora my guy! This victory is sweeting me evin more than beating the Plantanians! Up Bafana! Let us find a drinking place--una still dey call am shebeen?--let us go and shaak! This is a happy day. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Up Bafana! :thumbs: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb: People in my neighborhood were wondering if the basketball Raptors won again, I was shouting so much. :rotf: :rotf:
Yeah we still call them shebeens chief :rotf: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Great day indeed
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ohenhen1 wrote:Egypt didn't take their chances.
That says it. They choked big time!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kai! Everything sweet is happening! :thumbs: First we beat the Plantanians after they looked like they were going to beat us! :thumbs: :thumbs: Then Bafana beat Egypt. Kai! Oh happy day! :thumbs: :thumbs: Only one wey remain na for make my second football country, Brazil, win Copa tomorrow. :thumbs: God please give me the icing too oh! Let Nederland womans beat Amelika, but I know that is asking too much. :D :taunt:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:Egypt were rubbish from the first game, utterly clueless and bereft of ideas. This must be the worst Egypt team I have set my eyes upon, totally pathetic.

I don't know what burukutu I took when I rated them, as soon as I saw them against Zimbabwe, I new the burukutu was a cheap one.
Try moonshine next time. I will introduce you to my bootlegger. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Una funny the path looks clearer is not under estimating SA, before today everyone here would have preferred SA for the same reasons I said the path is clearer. We have psychological advantage over SA, it does not mean victory would come easy, but in sports it is an advantage that counts.
There is a reason Argentina would beat us even in their sleep, I don't think they enter the field underating us, but they do knowing they have that advantage.

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Personally I now think Nigeria will win this Afcon. Congrats in advance guys

If Senegal win it it will be a poor advert for African football. Ghana I haven't really watched so far
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

gosh wrote:The Egyptian supporters are still glued to their seats...
Waiting for 3rd half to begin :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Tobi17 wrote:Our stubborn wifeys now have a date with Nigeria
You mean the abusive wifey who beat the husband at his own man cave :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2-0 to be precise
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Samora Machel wrote:Personally I now think Nigeria will win this Afcon. Congrats in advance guys

If Senegal win it it will be a poor advert for African football. Ghana I haven't really watched so far
:mrgreen: I See what you are doing here. Going in for the jinx. E no go work :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Champion and host kicked out same day
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohsee wrote:Kai! Everything sweet is happening! :thumbs: First we beat the Plantanians after they looked like they were going to beat us! :thumbs: :thumbs: Then Bafana beat Egypt. Kai! Oh happy day! :thumbs: :thumbs: Only one wey remain na for make my second football country, Brazil, win Copa tomorrow. :thumbs: God please give me the icing too oh! Let Nederland womans beat Amelika, but I know that is asking too much. :D :taunt:
To me, good news all over the place. It will be best if Netherlands beats the US women soccer team (FIFA World cup final) tomorrow.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Personally I now think Nigeria will win this Afcon. Congrats in advance guys

:mrgreen: I See what you are doing here. Going in for the jinx. E no go work :rotf:
Oh so it is a jinx but you guys wanted Rohr to stand up and say we would win it, una people kpa :lol:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Egypt has been shaky through the tourney. I suspected they’d be exposed sooner than later
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"