EGY 0:1 SAF

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Amen
Egg
Egg
Re: EGY 0:1 SAF

Post by Amen »

This SA passing is a joy to behold. Everything for ground. Sleek and quick. And they have shooters as well. We will have our hands full but playing and defeating our neighbors was a good warm up match. We have to be mentally prepared for a fast game. Fortunately coming our of the same qualifying group, we know what to expect and plan for. Hard to call but Ighalo, Musa, Etebo and Ndidi will have to be on their game. Need cover for Awaziem. Keeper is in our prayers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:Champion and host kicked out same day
I love it! I wished they both lose and they lost
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Samora Machel wrote:Personally I now think Nigeria will win this Afcon. Congrats in advance guys

If Senegal win it it will be a poor advert for African football. Ghana I haven't really watched so far
Bafana Bafana's fitness and passing finese will be difficult for us to break down, Im looking forward to the match , it will be a thriller
South Africa lately always turns it on against us, so I wont be understimating them
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
charlie wrote:I wont say the path to the final looks clearer at all. Souyh Africa will fancy their chances against us.

Anything can happen moving forward. Your best bet is to underestimate no one, and play each coming match like it's the last.
I agree especially with our defensive and goalkeeping problems. Nigeria is in for a battle against South Africa.
Una funny the path looks clearer is not under estimating SA, before today everyone here would have preferred SA for the same reasons I said the path is clearer. We have psychological advantage over SA, it does not mean victory would come easy, but in sports it is an advantage that counts.
There is a reason Argentina would beat us even in their sleep, I don't think they enter the field underating us, but they do knowing they have that advantage.

Bros, I disagree with your psychological advantage argument.

Before today, SA had never beaten Egypt at AFCON. How did it help them?

This is the same SA that beat us at home. They will facy their chances.

Yes i am happier we are facing SA instead of the home team in the 1/4, but its is still going to be a war.

Our best bet is to go into this match wanting revenge at all costs. They owe us 2 unanswered goals.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Amen wrote:This SA passing is a joy to behold. Everything for ground. Sleek and quick. And they have shooters as well. We will have our hands full but playing and defeating our neighbors was a good warm up match. We have to be mentally prepared for a fast game. Fortunately coming our of the same qualifying group, we know what to expect and plan for. Hard to call but Ighalo, Musa, Etebo and Ndidi will have to be on their game. Need cover for Awaziem. Keeper is in our prayers.
Here we go again. Hyping up our opponent until we meet and beat them then it will be the next opponent. Fans sha...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Personally I now think Nigeria will win this Afcon. Congrats in advance guys

If Senegal win it it will be a poor advert for African football. Ghana I haven't really watched so far
:mrgreen: I See what you are doing here. Going in for the jinx. E no go work :rotf:
No genuinely I believe Naija will now win it. I'm being sincere chief
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:
Amen wrote:This SA passing is a joy to behold. Everything for ground. Sleek and quick. And they have shooters as well. We will have our hands full but playing and defeating our neighbors was a good warm up match. We have to be mentally prepared for a fast game. Fortunately coming our of the same qualifying group, we know what to expect and plan for. Hard to call but Ighalo, Musa, Etebo and Ndidi will have to be on their game. Need cover for Awaziem. Keeper is in our prayers.
Here we go again. Hyping up our opponent until we meet and beat them then it will be the next opponent. Fans sha...smdh
... I know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well, the pressure is back on us. Losing to Egypt is one thing but losing to SA would be tough. We are now back as favorites and sometimes we don't do that well when we are in that position.
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

Odas wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
... I know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Facts not feelings. :biggrin: :biggrin: I am a very proud SE supporter and will be disappointed if we lose. The 4 players I mentioned will be a handful if they show up. We may have the edge but they have developed into a very decent side.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
charlie wrote:I wont say the path to the final looks clearer at all. Souyh Africa will fancy their chances against us.

Anything can happen moving forward. Your best bet is to underestimate no one, and play each coming match like it's the last.
I agree especially with our defensive and goalkeeping problems. Nigeria is in for a battle against South Africa.
Una funny the path looks clearer is not under estimating SA, before today everyone here would have preferred SA for the same reasons I said the path is clearer. We have psychological advantage over SA, it does not mean victory would come easy, but in sports it is an advantage that counts.
There is a reason Argentina would beat us even in their sleep, I don't think they enter the field underating us, but they do knowing they have that advantage.

Yes i am happier we are facing SA instead of the home team in the 1/4, but its is still going to be a war.

Our best bet is to go into this match wanting revenge at all costs. They owe us 2 unanswered goals.
South Africa has beaten Egypt in the AFCON before.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Samora Machel wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

:mrgreen: I See what you are doing here. Going in for the jinx. E no go work :rotf:
No genuinely I believe Naija will now win it. I'm being sincere chief
I was jest keeereeeeeng :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EGY 0:0 SAF

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
Odas wrote:The crowd in the ENTIRE Egypt is stunned and 'dead.'
Yeah and this will be the last full stadium till the end of the tournament.
The only reason I wanted Egypt to remain... The Egyptians won't come near the stadia again.

Let them stay away. But if they need a home away from home, they can buy Naija game tickets.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Will someone get this man a Bells and the keys to the city of Tshwane

Last edited by Comrade Machel on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Nothing you have said is against my position, having a comparative advantage does not mean you cannot lose, yes Egypt have never lost to SA but it would happen like it did today, but if they meet 10 times guess who is likely to win most? That is the comparative advantage. Having a comparative advantage does not mean you still won't have to work your arse off.

Those who know me know my attitude when playing, even training I play like a match. You like to argue, you be lawyer? Why are some people calling SA our wife, why are you happy that we are meeting SA? All of that points to what I summed up which began this debate.. The path to the final is clearer, not because SA is a walk over but because we have a comparative advantage over them fact.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As the tournament progresses teams starts to find their tournament form, SA played the game of their life today, but Egypt were stupid as well. Pushing forward while exposing themselves to counter in the dying minute was a dumb thing to do with few minutes to spare. It was a very very dumb thing to do and they paid dearly for it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

airwolex wrote:Well, the pressure is back on us. Losing to Egypt is one thing but losing to SA would be tough. We are now back as favorites and sometimes we don't do that well when we are in that position.

There is no pressure on Nigeria. Nigeria will be well prepared from here on out regardless of who we play. I maintain that we have the best team, position for position, in this tournament. The only team that can outright beat Nigeria is Nigeria. If we eliminate silly mistakes, no team in this tournament can outright beat us
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This was a monster win for SA sha. Congratulations to them.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Most complete performance by any team so far. If they can stay consistent and add a strong possession game to the team, and take their chances, they can win the tournament.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

txj wrote:Most complete performance by any team so far. If they can stay consistent and add a strong possession game to the team, and take their chances, they can win the tournament.
How can they add something they already have? Possession? :shock: :blink:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohsee wrote:Kai! Everything sweet is happening! :thumbs: First we beat the Plantanians after they looked like they were going to beat us! :thumbs: :thumbs: Then Bafana beat Egypt. Kai! Oh happy day! :thumbs: :thumbs: Only one wey remain na for make my second football country, Brazil, win Copa tomorrow. :thumbs: God please give me the icing too oh! Let Nederland womans beat Amelika, but I know that is asking too much. :D :taunt:

Nederlands no fit beat Amelika o....wey my Amelika flag sef?

But Brazil winning? It is written. Not Robbynice style o. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohsee wrote:Kai! Everything sweet is happening! :thumbs: First we beat the Plantanians after they looked like they were going to beat us! :thumbs: :thumbs: Then Bafana beat Egypt. Kai! Oh happy day! :thumbs: :thumbs: Only one wey remain na for make my second football country, Brazil, win Copa tomorrow. :thumbs: God please give me the icing too oh! Let Nederland womans beat Amelika, but I know that is asking too much. :D :taunt:

If US men and womens team lose tomorrow, I am buying 1 cow and will share it amongst my CE brothers. That will make this week the best week ever.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:

If US men and womens team lose tomorrow, I am buying 1 cow and will share it amongst my CE brothers. That will make this week the best week ever.
Make I send am, my new babe fit use am cook nice cassava leaf soup for me
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

akamoke wrote:

Bafana Bafana's fitness and passing finese will be difficult for us to break down, Im looking forward to the match , it will be a thriller
South Africa lately always turns it on against us, so I wont be understimating them
I think your boys athleticism will prevail in the end chief