The SE only had 38% possession

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
The SE only had 38% possession

Post by Bigpokey24 »

VS Cameroon ..my goodness, not once have I ever witness a super eagles team have no possession in any Afcon...this is horrible, we are known for dominating possession and winning..you people are blinded by the players bailing Rohr again..SA will most definitely come out to expose Rohr, just maybe yall will finally spot his naivety as coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The SE only had 38% possession

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You're a cyber-cockroach. We know that there's never only 1 cockroach so I expect other cockroaches, flies and vermin to join you here but we will keep shining the light on you till you have no hiding place.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

That figure is deceptive. We let them have more of the ball (and do all the running) as we defended our lead. We looked more threatening when we attacked and had the better chances. Even the commentators on Eurosport thought we should have been further ahead. I'd rather WIN than dominate possession and lose as we did against Madagascar.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Orion wrote:That figure is deceptive. We let them have more of the ball (and do all the running) as we defended our lead. We looked more threatening when we attacked and had the better chances. Even the commentators on Eurosport thought we should have been further ahead. I'd rather WIN than dominate possession and lose as we did against Madagascar.
Naah. Commentator kept stating the possession stats throughout the game and it was lopsided in favor of Cameroon. I couldn’t believe it myself because it didn’t pass the eye test. Based on what I saw, possession was about 50:50. Yet commentator kept saying stats that were decidedly in favor of Cameroon...and then this one..38%????
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

deanotito wrote:
Orion wrote:That figure is deceptive. We let them have more of the ball (and do all the running) as we defended our lead. We looked more threatening when we attacked and had the better chances. Even the commentators on Eurosport thought we should have been further ahead. I'd rather WIN than dominate possession and lose as we did against Madagascar.
Naah. Commentator kept stating the possession stats throughout the game and it was lopsided in favor of Cameroon. I couldn’t believe it myself because it didn’t pass the eye test. Based on what I saw, possession was about 50:50. Yet commentator kept saying stats that were decidedly in favor of Cameroon...and then this one..38%????
Not sure where you saw it but on Eurosport, the commentators were surprised to see the stats at halftime but they thought Nigeria was the better side.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Orion wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Not sure where you saw it but on Eurosport, the commentators were surprised to see the stats at halftime but they thought Nigeria was the better side.
Saw it on Beinsports, and the stats stated were always of the 58:42 variety.... in favor of Cameroon. I’ve never heard possession stats I disagreed with more than the ones for the game. Just didn’t fit with what I saw. I could agree if they say Cameroon had an edge, but an edge is what it was
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We struggle when teams sit back and let us try to break them down. Rohr sets his team up to soak pressure and counter attack. I don't mind possession stats if we look like we can catch teams on the break.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This just concludes Rohr don turn the SE to a PTB team. 3 years and the SE cannot string 4 to 6 passes...min 78 thr SE were playing 10 men behind the ball..smh....this tactics by Rohr, won't take us anywhere
SuperEagles

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Make Cameroon dey chop possession we go chop the win. :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

deanotito wrote:
Orion wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Saw it on Beinsports, and the stats stated were always of the 58:42 variety.... in favor of Cameroon. I’ve never heard possession stats I disagreed with more than the ones for the game. Just didn’t fit with what I saw. I could agree if they say Cameroon had an edge, but an edge is what it was
Cameroon also dominated possession 52% to our 48% in the game we thrashed them 4-0 at Uyo. I don't think anyone would argue that they were better than us in that game. :wink:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:VS Cameroon ..my goodness, not once have I ever witness a super eagles team have no possession in any Afcon...this is horrible, we are known for dominating possession and winning..you people are blinded by the players bailing Rohr again..SA will most definitely come out to expose Rohr, just maybe yall will finally spot his naivety as coach
Why are you still here? You have attained your self imposed 80,000 posts. Why have you not left the Forum? Mods, please take 'Bigpokey24' out of here.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This just concludes Rohr don turn the SE to a PTB team. 3 years and the SE cannot string 4 to 6 passes...min 78 thr SE were playing 10 men behind the ball..smh....this tactics by Rohr, won't take us anywhere
You have turned to VE of Keshi's era.
Are you also supporting the Elephants of Ivory Coast?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

imehjunior wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This just concludes Rohr don turn the SE to a PTB team. 3 years and the SE cannot string 4 to 6 passes...min 78 thr SE were playing 10 men behind the ball..smh....this tactics by Rohr, won't take us anywhere
Algeria just destroyed Guinea 3 kondo , all 3 goals were from open play...DRC scored 2ce vs Cartoon nation......let that sink in brother, let that sink in
SuperEagles

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You're a cyber-cockroach. We know that there's never only 1 cockroach so I expect other cockroaches, flies and vermin to join you here but we will keep shining the light on you till you have no hiding place.
Omo no mine am, he thinks FIFA awards games because of this interesting but useless stat!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Algeria just destroyed Guinea 3 kondo , all 3 goals were from open play...DRC scored 2ce vs Cartoon nation......let that sink in brother, let that sink in
We don’t really care. We won. Dude you are disturbingly negative. I am worried for someone who was SE first for many years. Are you really BP, an imposter or recent brain transplant. Something is off dude
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

kawawa wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
We don’t really care. We won. Dude you are disturbingly negative. I am worried for someone who was SE first for many years. Are you really BP, an imposter or recent brain transplant. Something is off dude
His girlfriend dumped him..
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
I only support the SE, I never get bamboozled by fake managers... you guys are letting your emotions cloud your judgement
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

To have such a low possession percentages and beat the reigning Champions is impressive,Bps initual concern was Nigerias lack of goals and questioned their ability to come back after conceeding ( judging by his recent posts) so the fact that they've scored 3 goals and came back after being 2-1 down and won shows that Nigeria are improving in that department!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:VS Cameroon ..my goodness, not once have I ever witness a super eagles team have no possession in any Afcon...this is horrible, we are known for dominating possession and winning..you people are blinded by the players bailing Rohr again..SA will most definitely come out to expose Rohr, just maybe yall will finally spot his naivety as coach
Like you, I am not a fan of Rohr but you have to give him credit for his game plan against Cameroon. He ditched the possession game for a more direct approached that led Cameroon to have more possessions while we had more decisive possession.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We let in 2 pathetic goals, 4 goals in 2 games, for the so called solid defense?
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kako wrote:Make Cameroon dey chop possession we go chop the win. :D
That is all. If Cameroon keep stroking the ball between themselves at back 6 or 7 passes and SE take one pass reach their 18, 'cos the stats go look lopsided.

The stats that really matters is the "goals scored".
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

60% of the goals is the only stat that matters.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Ya'll just replying to this thread without a valid evidence. It's a lie..
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.