ESTADOS UNIDOS V MEXICO (COPA ORO FINAL 2019) 0-1; final.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ESTADOS UNIDOS V MEXICO (COPA ORO FINAL 2019) 0-1; final

Post by Undertaker »

King Futcha wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Thank you Mexico. :thumbs:

bret thank God! Imagine if they had won tonight after what happened this afternoon? Man for no hear word for weeks about how they are the best in "Soccer"
you won't steal our joy, we won the world cup :thumbs: :thumbs:
The "Soccer" World Cup?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

No one cares about this competition anymore.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The mere fact that it is only the US that gets to host the Gold cup makes me not interested. Didn't watch one minute of the Gold cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kalani JR wrote:No one cares about this competition anymore.
...tell that to the tens of thousands in stadium and at home watching, plus the tv stations that made millions in advertising. I bet you CONCACAF made more revenue vs AFCON this summer.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:The mere fact that it is only the US that gets to host the Gold cup makes me not interested. Didn't watch one minute of the Gold cup.
...the year Honduras or Guetamala or El Salvador will host you will hate it even more, so better accept the US hosting with better facilities, travel, etc, and the rest of the members love it so.

CHICAGO -- The next edition of the Gold Cup will have VAR and will be played mainly in the United States, confirmed CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani.

Not including VAR for the tournament, which culminates with a Mexico vs. United States final on Sunday, has been criticized by both U.S. coach Gregg Berhalter and Mexico manager Gerardo "Tata" Martino.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/concacaf-go ... eature-var
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...it was any ones match to win. US missed early chances, especially Altidor. In tough matches like this take yah chance and bury it, it happened at AFCON, and may still happen in more games to come.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The mere fact that it is only the US that gets to host the Gold cup makes me not interested. Didn't watch one minute of the Gold cup.
...the year Honduras or Guetamala or El Salvador will host you will hate it even more, so better accept the US hosting with better facilities, travel, etc, and the rest of the members love it so.

CHICAGO -- The next edition of the Gold Cup will have VAR and will be played mainly in the United States, confirmed CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani.

Not including VAR for the tournament, which culminates with a Mexico vs. United States final on Sunday, has been criticized by both U.S. coach Gregg Berhalter and Mexico manager Gerardo "Tata" Martino.

Na only US, no other country can host it. To make matters worse, they want VAR. CAF should lead the campaign to get VAR scrapped. If we cant get it scrapped, limit the use of it.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Based on logistics.......................Only the US, Mexico and Canada can host it.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Na only US, no other country can host it. To make matters worse, they want VAR. CAF should lead the campaign to get VAR scrapped. If we cant get it scrapped, limit the use of it.
...you live in the US but think like those cooked up in Nigeria.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wale1974 wrote:
Based on logistics.......................Only the US, Mexico and Canada can host it.
Which logistics are you talking about? Well wetin concern me. I will busy watching Copa America and Afcon . Didnt watch one minute of the Gold cup. Proyest agajnst the US continual domination of Concacaf. Other countries should be allowed to host jt

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
...tell that to the tens of thousands in stadium and at home watching, plus the tv stations that made millions in advertising. I bet you CONCACAF made more revenue vs AFCON this summer.
awww you got hurt! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some backyard regional tournament that only Americans, Mexicans and a few no-name countried watch. :rotf: :rotf:

The AFCON is watched by not just 52 countries, but it is broadcasted by major tv channels in Europe, America, Asia, Middle East and South America!

Tell me who broadcasts the goldtrash? ESPN? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:
awww you got hurt! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some backyard regional tournament that only Americans, Mexicans and a few no-name countried watch. :rotf: :rotf:

The AFCON is watched by not just 52 countries, but it is broadcasted by major tv channels in Europe, America, Asia, Middle East and South America!

:rotf: :rotf:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

For me, the Gold Cup is a joke. I didnt even know there was a final until I stumbled on the game while changing channels.

Besides, What kind of tournament always has the same host nation, and then expects to be considered fair? Just another example of US imperialism in action. If the other nations had any pride, they would refuse to participate in this charade, until another country gets to host it.

If the US has any security concerns, they can use their considerable wealth to actually help develop some of the other nations in preparation for such a tournament. That money injected into local economies will do more to reduce the refugee crises than any border wall.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:

Baba that was below the belt...Haba! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

charlie wrote:For me, the Gold Cup is a joke. I didnt even know there was a final until I stumbled on the game while changing channels.

Besides, What kind of tournament always has the same host nation, and then expects to be considered fair? Just another example of US imperialism in action. If the other nations had any pride, they would refuse to participate in this charade, until another country gets to host it.

If the US has any security concerns, they can use their considerable wealth to actually help develop some of the other nations in preparation for such a tournament. That money injected into local economies will do more to reduce the refugee crises than any border wall.
...same way they think of AFCON. At a CONCACAF viewing party, after a match I commented that I will be going to watch African championship, I was asked, "what was that?" Did not even answer as I know they have same mind set like y'all. Tunnel vision :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:

...and which one garner more revenue. See yah stadiums, na so you dey complain so empty :lol: :lol:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

mcal wrote:
charlie wrote:For me, the Gold Cup is a joke. I didnt even know there was a final until I stumbled on the game while changing channels.

...same way they think of AFCON. At a CONCACAF viewing party, after a match I commented that I will be going to watch African championship, I was asked, "what was that?" Did not even answer as I know they have same mind set like y'all. Tunnel vision :lol: :lol:
Most Americans didnt even know their country was playing a finals, in their own country! The stadium in Chicago was full of Mexicans and Mexican flags. More Americans were watching summer league games in Las Vegas than the Gold Cup Finals.

Look at the kick off, and please show me a single US flag:

[/video]

Besides, I dont think the rest of the world cares what Americans think about football, so I am not surprised they had no clue what CAF was.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

charlie wrote:
mcal wrote:

Most Americans didnt even know their country was playing a finals, in their own country! The stadium in Chicago was full of Mexicans and Mexican flags. More Americans were watching summer league games in Las Vegas than the Gold Cup Finals.

Look at the kick off, and please show me a single US flag:

[/video]

Besides, I dont think the rest of the world cares what Americans think about football, so I am not surprised they had no clue what CAF was.
...there lies your assumption :biggrin:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

mcal wrote:
The only reason USSF and FMF cared about this was because it got them into the Confederations Cup , now that the competition has been discontinued Mexico sent in a weakened team...in a few years they probably leave to play Copa Americas.

There is no way they make more in TV revenue when half of the EU and Europe by extension doesn't even carry the tournaments and almost none of Asia either. Compare that to the AFCON you can watch almost everywhere on television...I mean who is watching Cuba and Guyana apart of people not from those countries?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:

...and which one garner more revenue. See yah stadiums, na so you dey complain so empty :lol: :lol:

I am happy to explain this to you. Your tournament is hosted by the wealthiest country in the world, why mine is hosted by some of the financially challenged countries in the world, thus it follows that while your country-people have money to go to stadiums to watch games, my brothers and sisters are more interested in putting food on the table and paying their children’s school fees.

Then you have sponsorship. Your country has some of the wealthiest companies in the world, with a level of public relations and advertising strategy that is unrivaled by most of the countries in this world. While my continent doesn’t have indigenous companies with the same level of sponsorship power or advertising strategy. Thus, It’s natural that sponsorship numbers in your tournament will eclipse that in mine. But this brings us to monopoly. Why don’t you hold this tournament in Guatemala, Haiti or one of your other nations and let’s see the number is sponsors who will move with the tournament.

The issue here is never about financial capacity, that which is clearly monopolized by one country in your tournament. The issue is prestige and fame. And here, there is absolutely no contest! Not even close! The gold cup cannot even compete with Asia or even cops America, talk less of AFCON. I know when you look at us, you see a wretched backward continent. But I can assure you that you are quite ignorant in this space. The AFCOn is a big seller in Europe, Middle East and even in the North American market, win Bein sports broadcasting every game live, to North American audience.

I am presently in the US and I can assure you that I didn’t even know he gold trash was going on. In fact, the women’s World Cup had more press than the gold trash. Take a think about that. Furthermore, I am willing to bet that no major channel in South America, Asia, Africa or Europe broadcasted the gold trash or even mentioned any results of the gold trash. Additionally, major European clubs do not send scouts to watch the gold trash, as it is not seen as a market, in which they can invest.

Compare that to the AFCON, which is hosted and organized by a bunch of paupers who cannot attend the the games because they rather feed their children. It’s like seven up! The difference is clear.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
mcal wrote:
The only reason USSF and FMF cared about this was because it got them into the Confederations Cup , now that the competition has been discontinued Mexico sent in a weakened team...in a few years they probably leave to play Copa Americas.

There is no way they make more in TV revenue when half of the EU and Europe by extension doesn't even carry the tournaments and almost none of Asia either. Compare that to the AFCON you can watch almost everywhere on television...I mean who is watching Cuba and Guyana apart of people not from those countries?
He guy is a typical American. I know them very well. He thinks the world revolves around them. So whatever ESPN pays has to be more than what the entire world pays to get AFCON.
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

The whole Gold Cup is set up to simply make money. Hosted by the USA and set up for Mexico and the US to face each other in the final. Otherwise, it will be a financial failure. Mexico gets to play in cities with a large diaspora.

That being said it still gave us some good games and I was surprised to see teams like Haiti and Curacao put up better performances than some African football giants. :sad:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...people wey no sabi, wey not even sabi manage their own dey yab others wey organize, and fully pay their players. Una own na to owe bonus, travel pay, even shiit paper no fit provide, then you FA thief go come for tv to announce 20 grand each, na im una go dey dance atilogwo all over. Shame, no wonder your dear leader boss call una sh&%$thole.