My formal apology to all Nigerians/Super Eagles fans

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eddydove
Egg
Egg
My formal apology to all Nigerians/Super Eagles fans

Post by Eddydove »

The hardest thing I've ever had to say...

There may come a time in any man’s life when he must realise his mistake, hold his hands up, and admit to the world he was wrong.
There comes a time when a man must swallow his pride, get down on his knees, and beg for forgiveness.
My beloved Nigeria, my darling Super Eagles, please take me back.
I know that these last weeks I’ve been unfaithful, I’ve been distracted, I’ve been swayed.
I know I haven’t honoured those vows we made together in 1994, in Tunis, in Dallas, in Athens in 1996.
But the love never left me.
I know I was distracted by Morocco, by their sexy football, those erudite journalists, by Herve Renard and those tight white perfectly pressed shirts
I know I was swayed by the DRC, by their flamboyance, their melodic anthem, the long-limbed elegance of their supporters.
I wasn’t thinking clearly.
It’s not you, I promise, it’s me.
I was a lover who strayed, I admit.
I didn’t tell you enough what you meant to me, I didn’t show my love, I didn’t let you know how grateful I was to have you in my life.
I know you’re no longer the same as when I fell in love with you back in 1994. Gernot Rohr doesn’t set the pulse racing as at the beginning of our relationship, admittedly.
Once upon a time you were spontaneous, exuberant, and I vowed to name my first born—boy or girl—Vincent Enyeama Dove. We celebrated Sunday Mba together, Sunday Oliseh, even Shola Ameobi…
We are both older now; more staid, less defensively organised, less exciting going forward, we were defeated by Madagascar, that was bad, but my love has not diminished.
It’s ok to be angry, and I understand if you don’t want me back.
But we made it work in the past, through failure to qualify in 2015, failure to qualify in 2017, that late, late goal against Argentina, and I know we can make it work again.
Morocco and Congo were the leaves on the trees of my love, but you, Nigeria, are the roots.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain.
To serve with heart and might.
One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity.
Though tribe and tongue may differ, In brotherhood we stand
I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
Last edited by Eddydove on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: My formal apology to all Nigerians/Super Eagles fans

Post by waka-man »

Eddydove wrote:The hardest thing I've ever had to say...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzp7F18gkGt/

There may come a time in any man’s life when he must realise his mistake, hold his hands up, and admit to the world he was wrong.
There comes a time when a man must swallow his pride, get down on his knees, and beg for forgiveness.
I know that these last weeks I’ve been unfaithful, I’ve been distracted, I’ve been swayed.
I know I haven’t honoured those vows we made together in 1994, in Tunis, in Dallas, in Athens in 1996.
I know I was distracted by Morocco, by their sexy football, those erudite journalists, by Herve Renard and those tight white perfectly pressed shirts
I know I was swayed by the DRC, by their flamboyance, their melodic anthem, the long-limbed elegance of their supporters.
I didn’t tell you enough what you meant to me, I didn’t show my love, I didn’t let you know how grateful I was to have you in my life.
I know you’re no longer the same as when I fell in love with you back in 1994. Gernot Rohr doesn’t set the pulse racing as at the beginning of our relationship, admittedly.
Once upon a time you were spontaneous, exuberant, and I vowed to name my first born—boy or girl—Vincent Enyeama Dove. We celebrated Sunday Mba together, Sunday Oliseh, even Shola Ameobi…
We are both older now; more staid, less defensively organised, less exciting going forward, we were defeated by Madagascar, that was bad, but my love has not diminished.
But we made it work in the past, through failure to qualify in 2015, failure to qualify in 2017, that late, late goal against Argentina, and I know we can make it work again.
Morocco and Congo were the leaves on the trees of my love, but you, Nigeria, are the roots.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
All is forgiven
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The famous Ed Dove himself. I bow O.

http://www.eddydove.com/
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Welcome back lol
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
Hehehehehehehe
:rotf: :rotf: You need to bring two kegs of palmwine and one black male cock that has never mounted a hen
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

When you play beautiful football en route to wining, you attract many admirers :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
Welcome back home :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

have you ever dated a Nigerian woman? The men are worse! :lol: We were born with yanga in our veins. Dont mind all these old men who have spent their formative years in America welcoming you back with ease. You go beg tire! But keep at it, if you beg well and buy us something that's shiny on the outside, but doesn't have to have any real worth, we will forgive you and take you back.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This is hilarious :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ed dove get Naija babe?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s fake! :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ed Dove,..... you had us at "There may come a time in any man’s life when he must realise his mistake" :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

The gods are not to blame. The oracle will give you a conditional welcome.
1, Go to sambisa and milk an hungry lioness. You must extract 2 pints
2, sleep in a bee hive for 24 hours. If you are stung, you can't scratch.

Alternatively, send me $5000 via Western Union. I'll talk to the gods through my ancestors...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

There are many things the Super Eagles can forgive. But infidelity is NOT one of them. I can understand your cheating with Morocco, but DRC??!! No way bro! Everything you own is in a box to the left....
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rubbish thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Just like any other Nigerian fan!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

My friend go an buy palmy for the gods and supply 10 virgins...naaaansense :D
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mister Dolly wrote:My friend go an buy palmy for the gods and supply 10 virgins...naaaansense :D
ehen! Now we are talking. :clap: :clap: All them Babs, Yujam and Ugbowo don forget their true self.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YUJAM wrote:The famous Ed Dove himself. I bow O.

http://www.eddydove.com/
Who is this guy? Never heard of him before.

Ok, I want kegs of 'fresh' Palm-wine and all will be forgiven. I need them immediately after our game with South Africa.

Kai! Typing with Cell phone no good-oo. Persin go type one tin, phone go dey make correction wey persin no tell-am do. Na wa-oo!
Last edited by Odas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It’s fake! :boo:
REALLY? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Damn if so
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rubbish thread
Please LEAVE this place! Come-on, be a man of your words.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Odas wrote:
Please LEAVE this place! Come-on, be a man of your words.
Abeg, make you no bother yaself. The bobo had been castrated, and him no get ball$.
You no see him dey yarn say him get new opeke for another thread? That na to cover
him secret dat the last woman chop off him rod. That's why him dey come here dey cry
like baby goat and abuse efryone.
If you dey wait for him to stop posting, you go wait tire o.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Little *Nice Lady* boy, go get a girlfriend already