Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Post by COOKING SPOON »

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/09/nigeria ... yed-afcon/

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr has explained why Henry Onyekuru and Victor Osimhen have not featured at all at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

Rohr, in a Q&A on Twitter with the team’s former media officer, Colin Udoh, said both forwards were young and inexperienced.

The German, however, advised Onyekuru to be in the battle to start ahead of Simon Moses and Samuel Chukwueze, while Osimhen has to improve on his physicality.

“Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start

“For Onyekuru, he has to first fight with Simon and Chukwueze for a position and then maybe for the central position. For Osimhen, he has to be stronger. In training, any touch he falls down. So I tell him to be strong,” Rohr said.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Post by osita »

stupid excuses, osimhen has pace, scored 20 goals last season , ighalo is slow but experienced, he can bring the best out of both players. Rohr excuses are irritating
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Did Rohr really say all this? So they are there to learn, but he dropped the ones like Iheanacho that had already learned from the last WC...interesting
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:Did Rohr really say all this? So they are there to learn, but he dropped the ones like Iheanacho that had already learned from the last WC...interesting

We are winning with his strategy. I bet you haven't won a play station game with your own expert strategy. :)
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Last edited by green4life on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Falling down can also earn a pen, yellow and red card. The boy can also score goals. Give him experience on the pitch not just on training ground.

Rohr might be getting the job done but he's not good for youth development and creating a dynamic team.

Fortunately for him, it's a result oriented business
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

osita wrote:stupid excuses, osimhen has pace, scored 20 goals last season , ighalo is slow but experienced, he can bring the best out of both players. Rohr excuses are irritating

We don’t know better than the coach.....

He is there working with them daily, it’s a big jump from the professional game to the interns game. Even the great Yekini struggled in his first tournament.

We have progressed under this coach, we have a practically new team, get behind them and support them.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Did Rohr really say all this? So they are there to learn, but he dropped the ones like Iheanacho that had already learned from the last WC...interesting

We are winning with his strategy. I bet you haven't won a play station game with your own expert strategy. :)
:rotf: I haven't played video games in years man! But that said, me and Rohr have won the exact same amount of silverware for Naija...and thats a whooping NADA!!!!!! I'll cheer his strategy when he finally wins something :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Give him play time so he knows what is required. The bobo plays in a league and I'm sure not all defenders he's faced are southern sorties.

He's got a squad. Rohr uses excuses to justify his rigidity. He struggles to make subs - explains why he's also reluctant to trust young new faces.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Give him play time so he knows what is required. The bobo plays in a league and I'm sure not all defenders he's faced are southern sorties.

He's got a squad. Rohr uses excuses to justify his rigidity. He struggles to make subs - explains why he's also reluctant to trust young new faces.
Nothing more to say.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:

:rotf: I haven't played video games in years man! But that said, me and Rohr have won the exact same amount of silverware for Naija...and thats a whooping NADA!!!!!! I'll cheer his strategy when he finally wins something :taunt:
This is his first winnable tournament. Let him do his thing before you criticize and make such statement.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:

I'd love to see Osimhen enter ahead of Onuachu and who knows, that might actually happen against SA who are not known for being physical. I don't fully agree with Rohr, but I see his argument which is based on what he sees in practice (which none of us are privy to).

As for Henry, he's partly a victim of the fact that Rohr sees Musa as an untouchable (due to veteran leadership) meaning he has to fight with 3 others for 1 shirt and in the manager's eyes, he's behind 2 of them. The decision possible hinges on Henry's work rate defensively. Just a guess.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I watched an interview of Osimhen done in camp and I was struck by how young he looked.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

COOKING SPOON wrote:
osita wrote:stupid excuses, osimhen has pace, scored 20 goals last season , ighalo is slow but experienced, he can bring the best out of both players. Rohr excuses are irritating

He is there working with them daily, it’s a big jump from the professional game to the interns game. Even the great Yekini struggled in his first tournament.

We have progressed under this coach, we have a practically new team, get behind them and support them.
Rohr will and never will coach a team with the talents we have, he has gone this far because of the talents we have.

If he mangers another African team he will fail. Osimhen plays in a physical belgain league, i don't still understand Rohr excuses. I saw paul play the last few minutes , are you saying osimhen wouldn't have done better? :???:
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

osita wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:

Rohr will and never will coach a team with the talents we have, he has gone this far because of the talents we have.

If he mangers another African team he will fail. Osimhen plays in a physical belgain league, i don't still understand Rohr excuses. I saw paul play the last few minutes , are you saying osimhen wouldn't have done better? :???:

Hopefully the players continue to win despite their clueless coach. Rohr should be fired after this tournament, Rohr will destroy the confidence of the new young Nigerian superstars and stick to his favored junk players .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

I'd love to see Osimhen enter ahead of Onuachu and who knows, that might actually happen against SA who are not known for being physical. I don't fully agree with Rohr, but I see his argument which is based on what he sees in practice (which none of us are privy to).

As for Henry, he's partly a victim of the fact that Rohr sees Musa as an untouchable (due to veteran leadership) meaning he has to fight with 3 others for 1 shirt and in the manager's eyes, he's behind 2 of them. The decision possible hinges on Henry's work rate defensively. Just a guess.
Yep, and Henry is behind Simon, Chukwueze, and Samuel Kalu all fighting for one position, kai! Its not easy, I feel the worst for Kalu, one moment of dehydration and he goes from the starter to 3rd choice...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

What is Rohr's explanation for not playing Jamilu Colins? Is he fit? Is he not better than Aina at LB? Or does he prefer big fullbacks? Just thinking aloud.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I am sure Osihmen is more physical than Owen was in 1998
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fire Rohr now....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Fire Rohr now....

Honestly, if he indeed said those things.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Yep, and Henry is behind Simon, Chukwueze, and Samuel Kalu all fighting for one position, kai! Its not easy, I feel the worst for Kalu, one moment of dehydration and he goes from the starter to 3rd choice...

:rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti

Please I beg you, don’t do it! I know what you are about to do to After-The-daft, please, I use God beg you, no do am. Let him off the hook, please . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COOKING SPOON wrote:https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/09/nigeria ... yed-afcon/

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr has explained why Henry Onyekuru and Victor Osimhen have not featured at all at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

Rohr, in a Q&A on Twitter with the team’s former media officer, Colin Udoh, said both forwards were young and inexperienced.

The German, however, advised Onyekuru to be in the battle to start ahead of Simon Moses and Samuel Chukwueze, while Osimhen has to improve on his physicality.

“Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start

“For Onyekuru, he has to first fight with Simon and Chukwueze for a position and then maybe for the central position. For Osimhen, he has to be stronger. In training, any touch he falls down. So I tell him to be strong,” Rohr said.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Then he shouldn't have included them in the active roster, if he only wanted them there to learn. Take them along as non playing members or he should've played them against Madagascar.

Total waste of two roster spots.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯