NIGERIA CANNOT MATCH OUR PACE AND SKILL

COOKING SPOON
NIGERIA CANNOT MATCH OUR PACE AND SKILL

Post by COOKING SPOON »

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/afcon-2 ... afjvg2gxrl

Afcon 2019: Nigeria can't match Bafana Bafana's pace and skill - Mohlala

Former South Africa defender Jethro Mohlala has warned the supporters not to put Bafana Bafana under pressure following their win over Egypt at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals.
Coach Stuart Baxter's men are through to the quarter-finals of the continental tournament and many have backed the team to go all the way and become champions for the second time.
“Look, I think many South Africans never gave the boys a chance based on how the results in the group stages came out. I believe that also helped the players to relax because they were underdogs going into that clash,” Mohlala told Goal.

Having said that, they knew their qualities and they just had to play their normal game and show their quality and they did everything well,” he added.
“They are aware that the fans back home were not happy and they had to step up. They silenced everyone and that will restore their confidence. That is a massive victory for the team without a doubt. I never gave them a chance they proved us wrong, that was pure class and I just think they can beat whoever they face going forward.
Speaking about team selection as goalscorer Thembinkosi Lorch replaced Themba Zwane, Mohlala expressed disappointment where fans tend to individualise players based on their clubs.
“Yeah, they played very well, the change was good and it worked. Credit must go to the coach and his technical team. I am not happy though when we mention players based on their clubs, this is a national team,” he urged.
“We just need to support them as a national team. Lorch did very well for us and he clicked with Percy Tau and it was good that we scored at that time in the game. Lorch is a great player, I hope he learns day by day and we wish them all the best going forward."
Moreover, the former Mamelodi Sundowns player stated that facing Nigeria in a quarter-final clash on Wednesday is better than meeting a fellow Southern African side.
“I think that’s going to be a good game against Nigeria and the boys will need to focus. It’s better we are not facing another Southern African side,” continued the legend.

“I think the North and West Africans are struggling to play against us. They cannot match our pace and skill. I would like to see a continuity from the boys and ensure we upset Nigeria.
“I think we also need to credit the coach for analyzing the game very well. I believe that it’s not about playing badly in the group stages, but we failed to clear the lines at the back and lapses of concentration let us down – our mistakes killed us,” he reflected.

"Other than that, we still have a good team and we can go all the way to challenge for the trophy. It’s a knockout stage and we can beat any team now but let’s not put the boys under pressure. I am proud of the team and players such as Dean Furman, Kamohelo Mokotjo showed us that they want to die for the national team,” concluded the legend.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Re: NIGERIA CANNOT MATCH OUR PACE AND SKILL

wow they have arrived.

I don dey shake o, abeg Emir, how far?

Really....if only Trezequet knew where the net was......as long as Ighalo can keep is composure.....we can beat this team

Enyi wrote:Really....if only Trezequet knew where the net was......as long as Ighalo can keep is composure.....we can beat this team
They can talk now since Egypt let them off the hook. Our mission is simple, just put them in their place tomorrow. Simply put, lets issue them bitterness on the green grass tomorrow.

ANC wrote:wow they have arrived.
...they arrived longest time ago with good league at home.
Just like Madagascar, they prolly said something too along the line but we never read am or see am, till dem show pepper.

Enyi wrote:Really....if only Trezequet knew where the net was......as long as Ighalo can keep is composure.....we can beat this team

I know, Trezequet could have scored three. The last attempt Mo salah gave a delicious pass and nada

Robbynice wrote:
They can talk now since Egypt let them off the hook. Our mission is simple, just put them in their place tomorrow. Simply put, lets issue them bitterness on the green grass tomorrow.
Let them be talking. All I know is they have to be ready for Musa, Ighalo, Chukwueze, Iwobi hitting them all at once. They won't know what hit them. Which gaddem skill are they talking about?

What kind wahala is this? :scared: :scared: :scared: Mo gbe o :scared:
Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

This bafana sef. No be dem they dance one time before dem realize say dem no qualify for the AFCON?
Can someone please post the video?
Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

I respect Cameroon more than this SA. I will be surprised if we lose to them.

So Mohalabalaba thinks Southern Africa teams are stronger or what? They cannot match our pace and skill? Mssshhheeww

Of course they believe , when Rohr dashed them points and bobo even gave SA's coach tactics against Libya.rohr no be am at all

Sir V wrote:I respect Cameroon more than this SA. I will be surprised if we lose to them.
We all know why they are acting the way they are doing. We lost to Madagascar and before then, they beat us in our home.

Automatically, they feel they can beat Nigeria again. We will see how it all turns tomorrow, it is here. I know we will win South Africa tomorrow

This would be the most overhyped game since the fall of Cameroon and people would be disappointed it would not even be as close; it would be a one sided game with occasional counter by SA but would end in 2 zip

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Robbynice wrote:
Let them be talking. All I know is they have to be ready for Musa, Ighalo, Chukwueze, Iwobi hitting them all at once. They won't know what hit them. Which gaddem skill are they talking about?
I believe we will beat them. They will see a different Nigeria tomorrow.

Dem so see!

SA v Egypt was a high octane game and credit to the Bafana they ran all day. Baxter is a good coach and he has studied the Eagles well enough to know how to play us. Interestingly our weaknesses have been noticeable all tournament. Our transition in the last 3rd is quite one dimensional and we still a bit susceptible at the back to quick counters. Also we haven't quite got our killer instinct back where we go for the jugular and kill off games.

The key is to start strong tomorrow. Playing Musa wide is limiting his game. He needs to sit out the first half and come on to replace Ighalo in the 2nd half. Onyekuru should put up or shut up and be allowed to start, SA are not Uganda,DRC or the Plantain Boys, so he should be able to rough and tumble with the yellow Banana's. Chukwueze should start and Iwobi should play in the AM position. Ndidi and Etebo shield the back 4, Mikel should come on to lock things down in the last 15 mins. Back 4 Jamiu, Ekong, Omerou and Aina. Akpeyi has earned his spot.

We need an early goal and keep our foot on the gas... Total focus, no nonsense.

We will beat SA tomorrow, but it will be a close game. They pass the ball well and are well coached, however I think we will win because our forwards are more clinical in front of goal. SA will probably end up having more possession, but will still lose.

Although I think SA is a better team than Cameroun, I'm confident we will beat SA tomorrow. It will be a close game though. They pass the ball well and are well coached, however I think we will win because our forwards are more clinical in front of goal. SA will probably end up having more possession, but will still lose.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What kind wahala is this? :scared: :scared: :scared: Mo gbe o :scared:
U sure it's the game and not doglice? :evil: :roll:

olu wrote:We will beat SA tomorrow, but it will be a close game. They pass the ball well and are well coached, however I think we will win because our forwards are more clinical in front of goal. SA will probably end up having more possession, but will still lose.
SA were firing long range missiles at every opportunity against Egypt. They know Akpeyi is the weak link in the side, Expect the same tomorrow. If he keeps a clean sheet, it will be bragging rights all the way back to SA for him. He needs to have a blinder tomorrow, both for his personal confidence and to win the fans back over.

Mr Shows wrote:
olu wrote:We will beat SA tomorrow, but it will be a close game. They pass the ball well and are well coached, however I think we will win because our forwards are more clinical in front of goal. SA will probably end up having more possession, but will still lose.
SA were firing long range missiles at every opportunity against Egypt. They know Akpeyi is the weak link in the side, Expect the same tomorrow. If he keeps a clean sheet, it will be bragging rights all the way back to SA for him. He needs to have a blinder tomorrow, both for his personal confidence and to win the fans back over.
Man if Akpeyi somehow does well tomorrow, he will officially be my hero, I have to believe he's up for the challenge cause the South Africans are very familiar with him.

Mr Shows wrote:
Story. Make una get over that yeye narrative mehn. How many yeye goals Akpeyi don concede. Una no dey tired? Smdh