The SE only had 38% possession

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: The SE only had 38% possession

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enjoy
https://www.google.com/search?q=nigeria ... zn;dt;fp;1;;

Also 65 % pass accuracy, and just 259 passes all game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

naijaguy wrote:LOL..
How about this.
https://www.livescore.com/soccer/africa ... 1-3024573/
38% vs 41%

It will be interesting to know our possession rate with Mikel vs w/o Mikel.

Though I think we are more direct without him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I see a lot of Rohr supporters in hopeless denial. The plain truth is that the SuperEagles haven’t played good football in this tournament yet. Are they capable of it? Absolutely. I hope they bring it against South Africa because South Africa is a darned good team otherwise, we’re going home early :!:

Cheers.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:We let in 2 pathetic goals, 4 goals in 2 games, for the so called solid defense?

You opened that thread hailing our defense as the next thing since sliced bread, why are you flip flopping?
Peter Obi For President 2023
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I see a lot of Rohr supporters in hopeless denial. The plain truth is that the SuperEagles haven’t played good football in this tournament yet. Are they capable of it? Absolutely. I hope they bring it against South Africa because South Africa is a darned good team otherwise, we’re going home early :!:

Cheers.
What is "good football"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness, vs SA we had 39% possession...and only 72% pass accuracy..Algeria or CIV will be licking their chops
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:My goodness, vs SA we had 39% possession...and only 72% pass accuracy..Algeria or CIV will be licking their chops
those burglars also stole your joy, make BP positive again.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BTW, I thought the late Amodu had made it clear about the value of possession. Possession is one of the most hyped stats in football. It isn't worth much if it isn't providing opportunities to score. It is the scoring, not possession, that determines the winner of a football game. I felt yesterday that South Africa had few opportunities to score because of how tightly organized our defences was. Even Akpeyi had few dangerous moments.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:BTW, I thought the late Amodu had made it clear about the value of possession. Possession is one of the most hyped stats in football. It isn't worth much if it isn't providing opportunities to score. It is the scoring, not possession, that determines the winner of a football game. I felt yesterday that South Africa had few opportunities to score because of how tightly organized our defences was. Even Akpeyi had few dangerous moments.
The bad belleh people will bash the team when they have majority possession and bash them when they don't.
They will bash them when they win, they will bash them when they lose.

Some people just have a deserate need to look at the worst case scenario and 'own' it to make theselves feel 'safe' from disappointment.
The very same bunch that have variously and repeatedly called Rohr "a coward". :idea:

Think abourrit.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

https://www.jefftipping.com/blog/jose-m ... principles
Mourinho seems to be more comfortable when the opposition have the ball and he always has teams who are great at counters.

Taken From the English Newspaper “The Guardian”

According to Torres (A former player), Mourinho laid out a simple seven-point plan for winning big games:

1.The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2.Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3.Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4.Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5.Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6.Whoever has the ball has fear.

7.Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:BTW, I thought the late Amodu had made it clear about the value of possession. Possession is one of the most hyped stats in football. It isn't worth much if it isn't providing opportunities to score. It is the scoring, not possession, that determines the winner of a football game. I felt yesterday that South Africa had few opportunities to score because of how tightly organized our defences was. Even Akpeyi had few dangerous moments.
Prof., I am a Rohr 'hater' but I recognize how he wants to organize his team. They are typically difficult to beat.

And yes, possession is a very useless stat loved by Arsenal fans and folks who love to-me-to-you while not winning ish.

Football has gone past the naive 'entertaining' for entertainment purpose.

That being said, since our own chances are few and far in between, we have to be more clinical in taking our chances...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
Prof., I am a Rohr 'hater' but I recognize how he wants to organize his team. They are typically difficult to beat.

And yes, possession is a very useless stat loved by Arsenal fans and folks who love to-me-to-you while not winning ish.

Football has gone past the naive 'entertaining' for entertainment purpose.

That being said, since our own chances are few and far in between, we have to be more clinical in taking our chances...

Kai.... to-me-to-you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Waffi dem, una don hear?
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Abeg bring me Keshi's Ogba-na-chance striker Emenike jare....I just like dat boy and his no nonsense attitude. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Source: https://www.cafonline.com/total-africa- ... a-in-cairo

"...And despite seeing South Africa with more possession, Nigeria had the lion share of chances"
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!