Musa is not a Winger

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Musa is not a Winger

Post by Schillachi »

It's pretty clear to the blind that Musa is not a winger. Rohr, wake up for goodness sake. Start Musa in middle and let Ighalo start from the bench.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa is not a Winger

Post by txj »

Great insight bro...great insight!

But middle of what if I may ask; your ar$e?

You see a player constantly unbalancing the opponent in wide areas and this is all you can decipher?

SMDH....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lool txj no mind that Criminal. MUSA is our WORLD CUP GOAT and will walk into our 11 playing any position he decide. If criminals/agents think otherwise, make dem go drink sniper
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

txj wrote:Great insight bro...great insight!

You see a player constantly unbalancing the opponent in wide areas and this is all you can decipher?

SMDH....
After the Fact, the known moron. He constantly unbalanced his opponent and then what happened? mumu
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

john12 wrote:Lool txj no mind that Criminal. MUSA is our WORLD CUP GOAT and will walk into our 11 playing any position he decide. If criminals/agents think otherwise, make dem go drink sniper
Look at this illiterate.. Learn to read, imbecile
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Musa running direct at defenders will cause all sorts of nightmares!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Schillachi wrote:

SMDH....
After the Fact, the known moron. He constantly unbalanced his opponent and then what happened? mumu
Two things happened, and I'll say it sloooowwllly for your dumb brain to catch up:

1. He delivered the ball poorly
2. Players on the other side of the play never made the right runs....Its a team game you know...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

SMDH....
Two things happened, and I'll say it sloooowwllly for your dumb brain to catch up:

2. Players on the other side of the play never made the right runs....Its a team game you know...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He delivered the ball poorly ten times and that does not tell you something? You get brain so?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I disagree.

Musa may not be a "winger", but I think he is best as a wide forward, and not a center forward. That pace of his, and the ability to use the touchline (and smaller space) to isolate defenders will be somewhat lost if he is in the center. I know he has some center forward skills, but I think we lose some of his benefit in the center. Today, he didn't make the best decisions on when to go for goal and when to pass, but his sheer ability to create by isolating full backs is near world class.

So if you mean Musa is not Finidi, even the blind can see that. But I still think cutting in is one of his biggest strengths.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Schillachi wrote:
txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

SMDH....

He delivered the ball poorly ten times and that does not tell you something? You get brain so?
He also unbalanced the SA defence repeatedly...
But perhaps I should say that slooooowwwllllyyyyyy.....

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote:I disagree.

Musa may not be a "winger", but I think he is best as a wide forward, and not a center forward. That pace of his, and the ability to use the touchline (and smaller space) to isolate defenders will be somewhat lost if he is in the center. I know he has some center forward skills, but I think we lose some of his benefit in the center. Today, he didn't make the best decisions on when to go for goal and when to pass, but his sheer ability to create by isolating full backs is near world class.

So if you mean Musa is not Finidi, even the blind can see that. But I still think cutting in is one of his biggest strengths.
He will be lost in the center like he was lost in the Argentina game abi?

Even the assist he gave Ighalo in the last game, did you pay attention to where he was?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Thank goodness you are not the coach. what a silly thing to say especially given the performance he just put in. Instead of clamoring for Rohr to practice crashing the goal to take advantage of those crosses or balls that were distributed, we want to discourage the lad that is balling with full confidence right now... abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

SMDH....

He also unbalanced the SA defence repeatedly...
But perhaps I should say that slooooowwwllllyyyyyy.....
So what was the end product?

And he can't unbalance defenses from if he plays in the center or slightly off center?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote:

Even the assist he gave Ighalo in the last game, did you pay attention to where he was?
I didnt say he will be lost. Read again. I think he has CF skills. But he will lose that cut back quality if he's in the center waiting for balls all the time.

I know Ighalo is polarizing, but I think if you look at the textbooks, with the way we play, you want a strong, physical big guy up front. I'm not crazy about him, but he's the most textbook choice we have....him and Onuachu. But Onuachu is too immobile for my liking
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

100%Naija wrote:Thank goodness you are not the coach. what a silly thing to say especially given the performance he just put in. Instead of clamoring for Rohr to practice crashing the goal to take advantage of those crosses or balls that were distributed, we want to discourage the lad that is balling with full confidence right now... abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
I didn't say they should send him to the bench. I said bench Ighalo and start Musa in the middle..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

I didnt say he will be lost. Read again. I think he has CF skills. But he will lose that cut back quality if he's in the center waiting for balls all the time.

I know Ighalo is polarizing, but I think if you look at the textbooks, with the way we play, you want a strong, physical big guy up front. I'm not crazy about him, but he's the most textbook choice we have....him and Onuachu. But Onuachu is too immobile for my liking

So is that the only way we can play?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

So is that the only way we can play?
I sure hope not. But its Rohr's way. Nigeria, in my mind, is officially a counter-attacking team. He plays 4-3-3. It's his bread. It's his butter. And I don't think he would change that just to switch Musa to the center.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Schillachi wrote:
100%Naija wrote:Thank goodness you are not the coach. what a silly thing to say especially given the performance he just put in. Instead of clamoring for Rohr to practice crashing the goal to take advantage of those crosses or balls that were distributed, we want to discourage the lad that is balling with full confidence right now... abeg abeg abeg...make we hear word
I didn't say they should send him to the bench. I said bench Ighalo and start Musa in the middle..
Oh dear.... :blush:

9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Schillachi wrote:It's pretty clear to the blind that Musa is not a winger. Rohr, wake up for goodness sake. Start Musa in middle and let Ighalo start from the bench.

Don’t let the daft rohr supporters read this o, they will write a novel on how rohr is a genius for utilizing Musa as a winger. They will defend massa at all cost :rotf: :rotf:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

In this game particularl, his end touch wasn’t bad at all but our strikers and wingers weren’t chasing that final ball
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

The problem Musa have in this particular Afcon in Rohr. He must have drummed shape and defensive discipline into Musa so much that the poor man seem so scared to go and score. Even when he’s running forward, he must have been thinking of the player on his wing. Musa got into the box so many times this Afcon, and unlike the World Cup, seemed frozen, looking to pass, even when his teammates are anticipating a rebound from the opposing GK.

I cannot believe how timid he had become, even when he runs into his trademark position, where in the Russia league or at the World Cup, he would be shooting at goal, he was still looking to pass in the box. The 2018 Musa would be the one scoring that Chukwueze goal. But, in the last two games, he seemed scared to even attempt a shot at goal. Rohr should just let him loose and sit Ighalo on the bench abeg.

Also Rohr should stop this inverted rubbish, or at least vary it during the match. Play these wingers at their main positions.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

I don't know why this is hard to digest, Musa is too fast for our striker. Or should I say Ighalo is too slow for Musa. Musa runs, gets up front, and Ighalo is nowhere to be found. For heaven's sake, the defenders get there before Ighalo. Did u not notice when our team was upset and started looking for other options rather than Ighalo? I know we don't have a Martin's in this team, but imagine if it was Martin's Musa was paired with up front. Just denied the guy of atleast two assist.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

SMDH....

This.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.