Etebo, Ndidi, Samuel, Collins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Etebo, Ndidi, Samuel, Collins

Post by Tobi17 »

All played very well today, the new generation is beginning to click... but for those who watched the game, how did Awaziem do in the RB position? he seemed to be the least mentioned so far.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Etebo, Ndidi, Samuel, Collins

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:All played very well today, the new generation is beginning to click... but for those who watched the game, how did Awaziem do in the RB position? he seemed to be the least mentioned so far.
I think he had an excellent game.
Can't remember him putting a foot wrong.
Quietly confident player.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tobi17 wrote:All played very well today, the new generation is beginning to click... but for those who watched the game, how did Awaziem do in the RB position? he seemed to be the least mentioned so far.
Wait. I’m confused. So you didn’t watch the game?
So how come you’re stating so confidently who played “very well”?
I hope you are not basing your opinion on CEs panel of emotional experts?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote:
Wait. I’m confused. So you didn’t watch the game?
So how come you’re stating so confidently who played “very well”?
I hope you are not basing your opinion on CEs panel of emotional experts?
Didn't watch the full game, sorry work flow had my attention cut short at half time.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Awaziew was the next best player after Chukwueze
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
I think he had an excellent game.
Can't remember him putting a foot wrong.
Quietly confident player.
He did his job which was defend and did it well.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

It's a really good sign that in spite of the form Aina is on, he can't get the RB position back from Awaziem. Anything happen to the CB's, then Awaziem will slot in while Aina comes back.
Last edited by greg on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

LOOKS LIKE NIGERIA HAS A GOOD POOL OF YOUNG FULLBACKS

In no particular order:

- Awaziem
- Shehu
- Ebuehi
- Collins
- Aina
- Idowu
- Who am I leaving out?

No combination of any of the above puts the defense in serious trouble.
Bell
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bell wrote:LOOKS LIKE NIGERIA HAS A GOOD POOL OF YOUNG FULLBACKS

In no particular order:

- Awaziem
- Shehu
- Ebuehi
- Collins
- Aina
- Idowu
- Who am I leaving out?

Bell
Nobody, you've listed them all... I almost forgot about Idowu.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Nigerian born players can defend, ola lacks some basic skills u learn when u are born in the streets in Nigeria
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

osita wrote:Nigerian born players can defend, ola lacks some basic skills u learn when u are born in the streets in Nigeria

:boo:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

osita wrote:Nigerian born players can defend, ola lacks some basic skills u learn when u are born in the streets in Nigeria
Clearly you're insulting Nigeria, Nigerian born players or Ola Aina. Not sure which though. :? :?

Could be all of them sef.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ola Aina has been super this tournament. I do not know what Osita is driving at
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Ola Aina will be a victim of "The outcome of Many Talented Players in Many Wings". The moment he allowed Njie to "boddy" him to get the Camerounian Second goal, the signal was that we needed a more physical player on the wing-backs. This does not take anything away from the fact that he's talented and he's deserving a starting slot; unfortunately there is no room for the 12th player.

Awaziem is like the new and refined Eguavoen; suitable for any spot in the defense line, pace and rugged. He is one of the special discoveries of this tournament.

Jamilu Collins is a natural......an answer to what we've been looking for on the left. Wished we had discovered him before World Cup.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a fake fan. You didn't even watch the game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tobi17 wrote:

In no particular order:

- Awaziem
- Shehu
- Ebuehi
- Collins
- Aina
- Idowu
- Who am I leaving out?

Bell
Take Idowu out, abeg, unless injury hits, I don't see him ever playing for SE again.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

In no particular order:

- Awaziem
- Shehu
- Ebuehi
- Collins
- Aina
- Idowu
- Who am I leaving out?

Bell
Take Idowu out, abeg, unless injury hits, I don't see him ever playing for SE again.
Oga, you're too harsh :lol: :lol: :lol: make him remain on the long list, abeg.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mapet wrote:Ola Aina will be a victim of "The outcome of Many Talented Players in Many Wings". The moment he allowed Njie to "boddy" him to get the Camerounian Second goal, the signal was that we needed a more physical player on the wing-backs. This does not take anything away from the fact that he's talented and he's deserving a starting slot; unfortunately there is no room for the 12th player.

Awaziem is like the new and refined Eguavoen; suitable for any spot in the defense line, pace and rugged. He is one of the special discoveries of this tournament.

Jamilu Collins is a natural......an answer to what we've been looking for on the left. Wished we had discovered him before World Cup.
We have depth in quality now, unlike in the past when the bench was bare, now you can see good players on the bench and substitutions do not lead to a drop in quality like our round of 16 match against France in the 2014 WC.
I'm particularly happy for Awaziem, who has been a bit part player in the SE for over 2 years now. He has come in and shown what he can do. I expect him to drop back to the bench, when Ebuehi returns or Shehu is fit but he has shown to fans that he's up to the task and we won't be apprehensive when he's called up to play. He took a lot of flak on his competitive debut against South Africa in Uyo but I saw his quality despite our loss to South Africa. His confidence would have skyrocketed now and he will have no fears when he puts on the SE jersey. I hope his move to Nantes works out.
I am happy
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Awaziem has been ok, he needs to improve going forward. I haven’t seen him put in a decent cross yet.

I watched Collins for the first time yesterday and I liked the way he played. Confident and full
Of energy. His passes and attacking play was good. The other players bar Ighalo all played very well.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

soma wrote:Awaziem has been ok, he needs to improve going forward. I haven’t seen him put in a decent cross yet.

I watched Collins for the first time yesterday and I liked the way he played. Confident and full
Of energy. His passes and attacking play was good. The other players bar Ighalo all played very well.
He has put in several, including the one that led to the second goal against Cameroon.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote:
soma wrote:Awaziem has been ok, he needs to improve going forward. I haven’t seen him put in a decent cross yet.

He has put in several, including the one that led to the second goal against Cameroon.
Bro, people see what they want to see!
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Bro, people see what they want to see!
:rotf: people will be people sha...
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I wasn't impressed by Awaziem.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8