MUSA is the Nigeria Theo Walcott...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
MUSA is the Nigeria Theo Walcott...

Post by Robbynice »

...Very skillful and fast and when he scores it is always a thing of beauty but mehn the bobo can be frustrating sha...He does everything well except for the final ball (touch)...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: MUSA is the Nigeria Theo Walcott...

Post by john12 »

SMH robby not you too. Do not join these criminals to insult musa because his not a traditional winger but a pure unselfish striker. The coach should instruct him to start shooting after beating his man and he will be fine
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

john12 wrote:SMH robby not you too. Do not join these criminals to insult musa because his not a traditional winger but a pure unselfish striker. The coach should instruct him to start shooting after beating his man and he will be fine
I am not insulting him. I love Musa and appreciate him for putting in a great shift today. I just wish he can make better decisions with his final touch. Make no mistake about it, Musa is a must on our first 11 anytime any day. FNF!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Musa is a dunce! Only those on his payroll refuse to admit it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote:Musa is a dunce! Only those on his payroll refuse to admit it!
:dream: :dream: :dream: :dream:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:
john12 wrote:SMH robby not you too. Do not join these criminals to insult musa because his not a traditional winger but a pure unselfish striker. The coach should instruct him to start shooting after beating his man and he will be fine
I am not insulting him. I love Musa and appreciate him for putting in a great shift today. I just wish he can make better decisions with his final touch. Make no mistake about it, Musa is a must on our first 11 anytime any day. FNF!
Agree with all you’ve said!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Robbynice wrote:

A must in the first 11? Why, Musa plays in Saudi Arabia, we have other better options in attacking positions. Simon moses kept Musa on the bench when victor moses was around during the qualifiers so. Yes Musa is fast and yes he beat his man effortlessly but if he can’t connect one cross in almost 90 minutes then he has to wear the headless chicken belt.
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

Robbynice wrote:...Very skillful and fast and when he scores it is always a thing of beauty but mehn the bobo can be frustrating sha...He does everything well except for the final ball (touch)...
Simply not true. Sometimes a provider can only look as good as his finishers allow him to.
If I blame Musa for anything it is for not being a little more selfish.
BTW, which CE member is on Rohr’s coaching staff cos that Musa substitution came straight from reading posts on here
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

That's an accurate comparison.
Robbynice wrote:...Very skillful and fast and when he scores it is always a thing of beauty but mehn the bobo can be frustrating sha...He does everything well except for the final ball (touch)...
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Musa is a hero
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I appreciate that it takes a great deal of skill / effort to get in those positions in the first place, but there were a couple of occasions today when I felt he had a good chance of scoring if he had tried to shoot, instead of passing. If the SA defense were to vote a striker off the pitch today, it would definitely have been Musa
Robbynice wrote:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Not accurate at all sorry.

We never have bodies in the box. Musa put in some decent balls and they were cleared because it was Ighalo vs multiple defenders. The only way we score from this is if the crosses are inch perfect, or if we have more numbers in the box, like with the second goal against Cameroon. That would have been an aimless ball had Musa not joined Ighalo in the box.

Plus...I noticed that Moses and even Chukwueze rarely ever get more than a cross in even when they play heavy minutes.

I like Simon Moses, but time and time again he is blocked or checked by defenders. Chukwueze, for all his trickery, too finds it hard to put in crosses when he is playing on the right.

I'm not saying Musa is perfect but I think he is a victim of his own success. Play him on the left and he still gets crosses in, over and over again. If he was playing with a team that got numbers in the box then we'd be singing a different tune.

If I were him I'd stop being so unselfish and do what Simon and Chukwueze does, cut in and try to shoot.
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

airwolex wrote:...I'm not saying Musa is perfect but I think he is a victim of his own success. Play him on the left and he still gets crosses in, over and over again. If he was playing with a team that got numbers in the box then we'd be singing a different tune.

If I were him I'd stop being so unselfish and do what Simon and Chukwueze does, cut in and try to shoot.

True talk.
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

My brother his final ball or lack thereof almost cost us today. Had he done his part, SA would’ve been dead and buried in the first half. Na wa.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote:Not accurate at all sorry.

We never have bodies in the box. Musa put in some decent balls and they were cleared because it was Ighalo vs multiple defenders. The only way we score from this is if the crosses are inch perfect, or if we have more numbers in the box, like with the second goal against Cameroon. That would have been an aimless ball had Musa not joined Ighalo in the box.

Plus...I noticed that Moses and even Chukwueze rarely ever get more than a cross in even when they play heavy minutes.

I like Simon Moses, but time and time again he is blocked or checked by defenders. Chukwueze, for all his trickery, too finds it hard to put in crosses when he is playing on the right.

I'm not saying Musa is perfect but I think he is a victim of his own success. Play him on the left and he still gets crosses in, over and over again. If he was playing with a team that got numbers in the box then we'd be singing a different tune.

I strongly suspect Rohr's influence in Musa not cutting in to shoot anymore. He probably instructed Musa to stop doing that.

Wha choo looking at?!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'm ok with Musa taking more shots. He gets on good positions. As a good finisher, he jas certainly earned that right

nanijoe wrote:I appreciate that it takes a
great deal of skill / effort to get in those positions in the first place, but there were a couple of occasions today when I felt he had a good chance of scoring if he had tried to shoot, instead of passing. If the SA defense were to vote a striker off the pitch today, it would definitely have been Musa
Robbynice wrote:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

olu wrote:That's an accurate comparison.
Not accurate. He is fast but not skillful.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

This thread is idiotic; Musa is great his coach is not simple.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

You have a point. Iwobi needs to join Ighalo in the box more often. Also Musa can cut in and shoot sometimes. :oops

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

olu wrote:You have a point. Iwobi needs to join Ighalo in the box more often. Also Musa can cut in and shoot sometimes. :oops

If you notice, when Chukwueze lacks option to pass, he does the best next thing, shoots at goal. Musa does not have to cross the ball if it has a low chance of being latched onto. Just shoot even at a poor angle and force a corner or a save by the goal keeper.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote:Musa is a dunce! Only those on his payroll refuse to admit it!
Seeing you are so smart, please tell us your most fantastic contribution to Nigeria that has brought great impact and joy to the country.. I'll wait
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Robbynice hasn't said anything even you do not know.
You need to recognise that Musa has many things he still needs to work on.

If you were his coach he'd probably remain in arrested development because you fail to see any room for improvement in him.
Yet you have given fair criticism on other players like Chukwueze for instance.
What's with that? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

akamoke wrote:
Seeing you are so smart, please tell us your most fantastic contribution to Nigeria that has brought great impact and joy to the country.. I'll wait
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."